“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #11 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I traveled to San Antonio on business and spent almost all of my time (3 days) in the Hotel Contessa. The staff was friendly and helpful, the property was clean, the room was large and the bed was comfy! Outstanding property!

Room Tip: I would choose a room overlooking the river walk.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (849)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed at Hotel Contessa for 2 nights with my little dog as a get-a-way for my birthday. The hotel was gorgeous and wasn't disappointed when I saw my room. It was very spacious and authentic, with reclaimed wood doors for the bathroom, a brick wall complete with art work and cement soffits. It was very southwestern and Texan. The living room had a sectional, large TV, desk and eating area. The bedroom was spacious with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the river walk that my dog really appreciated. I was also surprised by a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries which were a treat my sister and nieces ordered for me. Loved the central location of the hotel and found the valet staff very helpful in directing me to a dog park. It was an awesome birthday! Can't wait to go back next year, if not sooner!

Room Tip: There is no bad room as they are all suites, but I'd definitely recommend one with a view of the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Hotel Contessa is right on the riverwalk. Every room is a small suite. The bar and restaurant is on the river level and faces the river. The hotel restaurant offers delicious food, you must try it at least once even though there are many great restaurants along the river. All the downtown attractions are within walking distance. Highly recommend for first time visitors or if you are visiting again.

Room Tip: chose rooms facing the river
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AAfly33
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We went to SA and stayed at Contessa for our 3rd time. Its close to everything we need and was a special weekend. My lady's Birthday, I want to thank the concierge (M. Valdez) for getting the birthday cake I requested. She was very attentive to my request. The rest of the Hotel staff was great as always and very nice. They made us feel very welcome from arrival to departure. We will most likely return sometime after the New Year. I recommend this Hotel for couples, though I did see people with kids. Oh and thanks for the strawberries in the room we received on Friday night. that was a surprised for us! This Hotel seems to host a lot of weddings too on weekends so don't be surprise to see one if you stay there. Very nice and entertaining too!

Room Tip: Always ask for high floor away from traffic noise on street.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Spacious suites, smart and very stylishly decorated, and gorgeous common areas. We were travelling with a baby and they supplied a pack n' play for the room. The rooftop pool and hot tub were super nice and relaxing. You almost forget you are right in the middle of the riverwalk and downtown ;)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BevyPoo
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband & I live in San Antonio & stayed at Hotel Contessa to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel is quite contemporary & stylish, & our suite was spacious & clean. It is convenient to most places downtown; It is within walking distance of popular Riverwalk destinations, La Villita, the Tower of the Americas, the Alamo, & is across the street from the new western art museum. Their Cork Bar has a good happy hour & excellent tapas, & their Las Ramblas breakfast bar was delicious. The only down-side for us was the crowded swimming pool (but it was 100 degrees!), & the fact that you had to rent a refrigerator for $25 (we took an ice chest instead). I certainly would recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great location and very nice! Wow for value! We really enjoyed our stay. Beautiful suite with view of River Walk. Beds were very comfortable. Nice and clean. Staff very first class. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014