“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We visited The Hotel Contessa for our 10 year wedding anniversary. When we arrived we had staff waiting to help us with parking as well as our bags. Check in took no longer than 5 minutes and we received an upgrade to riverside. The staff was awesome our whole trip and Eddie G. Was very helpful with directions and recommendations. The Valet is worth the money. One of them ran all the way to the car to get my forgotten sunglasses and never had any attitude about it. The hotel was clean and the beds were so comfortable. When we checked out we had someone come get our bags and within 2 minutes, Eddie G. was there loading our things. No need to stop by the front desk on check out and our car was right in front of the door when we left the hotel. What an incredible experience. We were close to everything but still in such a quiet and relaxing spot on the riverwalk. We will definitely be visiting The Hotel Contessa again!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Sarahlizsexton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Traveled to San Antonio with my family on vacation. Hotel Contessa exceeded my family expectations. Excellent Hotel. Service is of highest quality. Joe from the front entrance customer service was amazing. He helped us in enjoying our vacation. Next time you are at Contessa, ask of Joe, he went beyond the call of duty to make our vacation a truly remarkable one.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floors by River Walk
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank babskenky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I traveled to San Antonio on business and spent almost all of my time (3 days) in the Hotel Contessa. The staff was friendly and helpful, the property was clean, the room was large and the bed was comfy! Outstanding property!

Room Tip: I would choose a room overlooking the river walk.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris T
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed at Hotel Contessa for 2 nights with my little dog as a get-a-way for my birthday. The hotel was gorgeous and wasn't disappointed when I saw my room. It was very spacious and authentic, with reclaimed wood doors for the bathroom, a brick wall complete with art work and cement soffits. It was very southwestern and Texan. The living room had a sectional, large TV, desk and eating area. The bedroom was spacious with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the river walk that my dog really appreciated. I was also surprised by a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries which were a treat my sister and nieces ordered for me. Loved the central location of the hotel and found the valet staff very helpful in directing me to a dog park. It was an awesome birthday! Can't wait to go back next year, if not sooner!

Room Tip: There is no bad room as they are all suites, but I'd definitely recommend one with a view of the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Hotel Contessa is right on the riverwalk. Every room is a small suite. The bar and restaurant is on the river level and faces the river. The hotel restaurant offers delicious food, you must try it at least once even though there are many great restaurants along the river. All the downtown attractions are within walking distance. Highly recommend for first time visitors or if you are visiting again.

Room Tip: chose rooms facing the river
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AAfly33
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We went to SA and stayed at Contessa for our 3rd time. Its close to everything we need and was a special weekend. My lady's Birthday, I want to thank the concierge (M. Valdez) for getting the birthday cake I requested. She was very attentive to my request. The rest of the Hotel staff was great as always and very nice. They made us feel very welcome from arrival to departure. We will most likely return sometime after the New Year. I recommend this Hotel for couples, though I did see people with kids. Oh and thanks for the strawberries in the room we received on Friday night. that was a surprised for us! This Hotel seems to host a lot of weddings too on weekends so don't be surprise to see one if you stay there. Very nice and entertaining too!

Room Tip: Always ask for high floor away from traffic noise on street.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Spacious suites, smart and very stylishly decorated, and gorgeous common areas. We were travelling with a baby and they supplied a pack n' play for the room. The rooftop pool and hot tub were super nice and relaxing. You almost forget you are right in the middle of the riverwalk and downtown ;)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family