“Noisy”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“Noisy”
Reviewed 4 July 2009

This hotel is located on the corner of two busy streets. There is a bus stop right below the bedrooms on the " river view" side. There is a bus stopping every two minutes from 6:00 am till 11:00 at night. Very noisy with a lot of people waiting for the bus and cars honking. My husband and I had drinks at the cork bar. There were so many flies and mosquitoes that we had to leave after a few minutes, and this bar is located in the lobby. The food was only OK at the restaurant downstairs. Breakfast was only OK as well. Nothing was really interesting or romantic about this place. Too much traffic noise due to the location. $32/day for parking was more than the price I paid for the rental car!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nfard11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
Houston
Reviewed 1 July 2009

Traveling with a 2 and 4 year old, so we needed a suite (i.e. two separate rooms). The king suite w/parlor was perfect and very tasteful and luxurious feeling. The room was completely quiet, no noise whatsoever (and we were only on the 3rd floor). The valet parking was expensive ($28). However, this is inline with other similar hotels in the area. If that is a problem, then just do what we did and self park half a block up at Presa and W. Market - only $12 for overnight parking. If we can do it with 2 toddlers, anyone can do it!!! Be sure to check out the rooftop pool, even if you aren't going for a swim...the views are great. The hotel does charge for WiFi, as most other upscale hotels do. However, San Antonio has free WiFi in many areas, and we were able to connect to it for free from within our room. Can't say enough good things about this hotel -

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank clav10c
Houston, TX
Reviewed 30 June 2009

I have stayed at Hotel Contessa 3 times and have thoroughly enjoyed each stay. I am scheduled for another visit in July. All 3 times I have stayed at the hotel with my husband and toddler. I absolutely love this hotel! When I walk in I just melt to the fragrance that is sprayed throughout the hotel. Staff is always very accommodating and friendly. The breakfast is phenomenal and the location is perfect! It saddens me to read these types of reviews because I have NEVER had such experiences. Hotel Contessa is my home away from home in San Antonio when ever I visit. Hotel Contessa is a stellar property and I highly recommend to all!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank srlaries
Houma, LA
Reviewed 21 June 2009

Attractive hotel on the River, but a bit removed from the action. Top notch staff and doormen. Valet Parking is steep, but there is a cheaper self park lot accross the street. Beautiful rooms, but street noise is deafening. The bus stop was located at the corner of the hotel which made for constant noise. Need better windows to dampen the sound. Nice restaurant with a mid-priced expansive breakfast buffett.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julie-O-Yeah
Atlanta
Reviewed 18 June 2009

My sister and I stayed at the Hotel Contessa for 3 nights in June. The location was very easy to find from the airport and the guys at the front door were very attentive. Upon entering the hotel, for some reason I remember this great smell and the design is also gorgeous. The lovely German woman at the front counter greeted us warmly and we were checked in efficiently. Our room on the 4th floor had a fairly good view of the riverwalk, but I especially like the whole layout of the room; the entryway reminded me of a Manhattan loft - very different. I personally love the Spanish touches in the furnishings and the bar was really a comfy place to hand. Our Russian bartender was very friendly and the house Sangria was better than I thought it would be (you better like a peach flavor). The next night I had the top shelf margarita and I was hooked. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the bar apps (goat chesse in marinara) were excellent and a great "hold me over" till dinner. I loved the fact that the bar has a door leading right to the riverwalk so when it was time to walk, we just exited the bar and we were there on the riverwalk (the Westin bar/restaurant right next door is very nice too).
When I am back in SA, I would definately consider the Contessa again.
Oh, and the workout room is on the top floor which gives you a view of the city - I loved that touch, which again had a very NY feel.

Stayed June 2009
1 Thank LTKING
So. Cal.
Reviewed 6 June 2009

The hotel is really nice and the location is great but the parking situation is a joke. Located right on the River Walk is very convenient if you don't plan on going anywhere else. A parking structure is your only option; $15 if you park yourself, $27 for valet (that's for overnight). If you go in and out of the structure during the day you'll spend way more than that. We got stuck trying to park on a Saturday night (8-830) and the structures were full. We had to circle around for a half hour to wait for something to open up or pay the ridiculous valet charge. It's $10 for internet service too. I f you don't need a car the place is pretty nice but if you want to spend time other than at the River Walk I'd pass on this place.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jmell44
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 30 May 2009

I wasn't sure about staying here because it's not a main stream hotel but, the wire and I were surprised with how great this hotel is. The staff is awesome and the place is great. The beds are comfortable. It's just off the river and that walk is great too. 5 minute walk from the convention center and I couldn't ask for anything more

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business