Hotel Contessa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
Riverwalk Vista(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
Riverwalk Plaza Hotel & Suites(San Antonio)
3,388 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcork barthe rivermarriage islandsuite hotelbeautiful hotelliving roomcity viewlarge bathroomvalet parkingsitting areavalet staffthe san antonio riverwalkking suitethe entire staffconvention centereddie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Rooms/Suites are huge, double doors to bathroom, lots of space. I enjoyed my stay. Right on the Riverwalk, but away from the busiest part. Friendly and helpful staff. You want be disappointed!

I just don't like roof top pools, there is something un-natural about an outdoor pool being on the 13th floor. Small but nice, nice workout room as well.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2009

My husband and i just got back from here and really did love The Hotel Contessa it is on a more quiet part of the riverwalk but that was fine with us especially at night when we would go sit out....FYI...by all the other hotels you can't do that because its way too crowded or it was a resturant that takes up all the space! It is perfect to come to and sit after being in the crowd. The rooms were great...just a not so comfy matress the pillows were good though...the bathroom is big and the bedroom and living room areas were nice sizes too! We got great service and great drinks every evening for happy hour at the bar...I would definately stay here again. Oh and the concerige Tommy was awesome help...so nice too! Pool is small and was croweded every night, FYI don't do the valet they offer for $28 per day. Just park yourself in either garage (the have 2 that are across the street ..both lit up and with securiity and Hotel Contessa uses one of them) One is $15 and one is $12 a day....use these for sure instead of valet! I would definately stay here again!! Really nice, cozy, charming...just what we were looking for!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2009

I booked our trip to Hotel Contessa, on the recomendation of a friend, BEFORE I read all the bad reviews on TripAdvisor...needless to say I was a little worried...but all for nothing. We had a few days away from Austin to celebrate my 40th birthday, and we had a fantastic time. I worked in the cruise/hospitality industry for many years and I'm extremely picky about hotel room cleanliness and staff attentiveness. I honestly cannot fault the Hotel Contessa. The location is perfect, the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are great, the king size bed was divinely comfortable, the happy hour is fab ($20 pitcher of sangria and half priced tapas). We didn't want to leave...go...relax...enjoy. P.S. If you sign up for emails direct from the hotel, you can get a suite for $120 per night. And, if you park your own car just half a block away, it's $12 per 24 hrs as opposed to the high charge for parking at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Overall, I liked my stay here. I liked my stay here although I am likely to try another hotel if I visit this city again. I think I had expected more since I picked it due to Conde Nast recommendation and I had read about it in Southern Living Magazine shortly after it opened. My check in was very slow and the reception desk was a little chaotic. I was allowed to check in early. When I arrived to the room, there was a musty smell in the bedroom. It was quickly rectified after calling housekeeping and during my absence for lunch. Friends traveling with me arrived to their room and had lots of issues with the cleanliness of the room. Some were moved to another room to resolve problems. They need to quickly address the housekeeping or person that cleaned these rooms (assuming it is not an overall housekeeping issue). After these things, there were no addl concerns. I had room service each day for breakfast. I arrived hot and was timely. The food was was good. I really liked the River level bar area.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We stayed at this lovely hotel for 4 nights recently. The rooms were great with a bedroom, good sized bathroom and a separate living area. We had a view of the Riverwalk (just) but it was away from the main part of the Riverwalk which suited us fine as a retreat from the hussle and bussle of the main area. It would have been a pleasant walk to the main area if it hadn't been so blooming hot during our visit. The staff were so friendly and keen to direct us to wherever we wanted to go. Checking in and out went like clockwork. We used the self-park car park over the road and there wasn't a problem (we stayed Friday to Tuesday). At $15 a day we thought this wasn't expensive for a tourist area and we knew that was what we would be expected to pay before we booked anyway by doing a bit of research.

We used the bar a few times and enjoyed tapas and drinks at "happy hour". The only slight niggle is that one evening we couldn't get any attention from the waitress (wasn't particularly busy in there) but there didn't seem to be many staff about - we gave up in the end and went elsewhere.

The pool area was good but a little smaller that it appears on the hotel photos. There's a well equipped gym but we didn't have time to use it. There's also an Aveda Spa. We were thinking of having some treatments but they turned out expensive so we gave it a miss.

We would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family