“GREAT POOL N SPA NEWLY RENOVATED ROOMS”

Best Western Garden Inn
Ranked #69 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First for me to take the time to post a review is few far and inbetwrfect. the employees made us feel special like we were welcomed to our home away from home such a good feeling you do not normally get these days, everything about our stay was perect the room had a refridgerator, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, even iron and ironing board so we could press our clothes before church. outdoors the pool was nice n clean just right temp hot tub was nice for us to relax in while the kids were in the pool. the hot breakfast in the morning was great and filling. walked past the fitness room but didn't get a chance to use it looked equipped with modern machines.the evening guy helped us with directions to excellent bbq one evening and directions to down home good local Mexican food san Antonio is known for.. great job sir..

1  Thank Daniel A
BWGardenInnSA, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words. Our staff strives to provide a welcoming and comfortable environment. The hotel has many amenities including a 37” flat screen TV. I hope next time you will be able to use the fitness center. The fitness center includes a treadmill, elliptical and bicycle. Jeff is a great asset. He knows all the best places to eat and provides great directions. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

during our visit to san Antonio we chose this hotel based on other positive reviews, wow did we make a solid choice, rooms were super clean and freshly remodeled,omg the staff was so nice and helpful, we saw fred outside one day taking care of the landscape such a nice pleasant man to speak with.

1  Thank Noelia C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The housekeeping staff strives to provide clean and comfortable rooms. The hotel is in the middle of remodel. We are currently painting the exterior of the building. The hotel tries to make the Garden Inn a true flower garden experience. I am very glad you had a nice stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was my first experience at this motel and I found it to be average. We stayed three nights and I wanted a motel where we would be comfortable for a few days so I was willing to pay more money than we usually spend. I found the stay though average and not worth the nearly $100 per night. I've stayed at better Motel 6's for less money. The beds though were comfortable. The pool and fitness room were nice. We didn't try the breakfast. The carpets seemed dirty. For example, my 3-year old took a bath so I know he was clean. After walking on the floor though in his bare feet, they were filthy. I also noticed quite a bit of dirt on my feet when I got into the shower. Next time, I think I'll look into different motels in the same area or spend even more money to be in a much better hotel.

1  Thank Karen C

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry that the hotel was not exemplary. We do have a few more amenities than Motel 6. All rooms do have microwaves, refrigerators, iron/ ironing boards, coffee makers and 37’ flat screen TVs. I am glad you enjoyed the outdoor pool and spa as well has the fitness center. We also do have a breakfast which includes Belgian waffles, gravy, biscuits, an alternating choice of eggs, yogurt, white/wheat bread, bagels, English muffins, danishes, muffins, 4 types of cereals, 2 types of juice and coffee. We are currently going through renovations. After the exterior is painted we are installing new carpet. All rooms have new beds, bedding, lamps and wall/ ceiling paint. Hopefully you will be able to give our hotel another chance.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great service, rooms were very clean, outside appearance was very appealing, the frt desk lady was very helpful and friendly. Close to places of interest, good breakfast, overall great experience. I will recommend this hotel to everyone.

1  Thank Florestella H

Thank you for the kind words about your experience with us. The staff strives to provide great service and clean rooms. The outside exterior colors will be changing in the coming weeks. We are close to many San Antonio famous sights such as 15 minutes from downtown Riverwalk and Alamo, 8 miles from Natural Bridge Caverns and 25 minutes from Fiesta Texas. Thank you again for writing a review.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

No effort made to make my stay special! Did not respond to my request for repair to bathroom sink, or offer to send up missing coffee tray that was missing from coffee pot. Suggested I come down for coffee but; I was in my pajama's and needed to continue working on business project.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry that your stay was less than excellent. It is unusual for the staff not to respond to a request. The coffee maker does not require a tray or a filter. All coffee packets come in a filtered pod and just need to be inserted. Again it is very rare for a request for a repair or even a new amenity to not be brought to your room. I am sorry again and hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel was well located. There are not adjacent restaurants, but they are about .5 mile away. Staff was nice & very helpful. Room well appointed & clean. Hi speed internet was about 5 mbps (decent but not blazing fast). Everything in the room worked and was comfortable. I did think the parking lot was cramped.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear the rooms were clean and the amenities were working. I am sorry to hear the internet was not that fast. This is a rare occurrence however we do have a 24 internet support line that will help make the speed faster. I am also sad to hear that the parking lot was cramped. We also have a gravel are that RVs and larger vehicles can park. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

while on our trip to san Antonio, we got the warm welcome feeling so many other hotels have lost over the years, the entire staff was pleasant and willing to go out of there way to help us. Late night we needed directions to a walmart for last minute items now mind u this was at 3 am te night man was super sweet stevie you saved our trip bless you..

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your kind words about our staff. The staff works hard to provide everyone one with pleasant and relaxing stay. We love to give directions and provide any useful information about the area. The hotel is conveniently located .5 miles from shopping and restaurants. Natural Bridge Caverns and Wildlife Safari is 8 miles away. Thank you again for writing a review. We hope to see you again in the future.