“Great Experience”

Ranked #181 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

The staff at this hotel could not have been more accommodating. We had our family from Germany visiting with us, so we needed two rooms. When I made our reservations, I asked if we could have rooms as close together as possible and away from the street side of the hotel.

When we arrived, David Hernandez at the front desk gave me a very warm welcome, said he had handled my original reservation and informed me that our rooms were not only close together, but were next to each other with an adjoining door. He gave us our welcome packs (I am a platinum member) and within minutes of arriving in our room, he called to see if everything was okay.

The room was very comfortable, and the children had a lot of fun going between the rooms. Having the adjoining room, really made a difference in our stay.

The breakfast was also a big hit with our family from Germany. They loved the food choices and especially liked the pancake machine.

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Gilbert C, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 13 January 2015
Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Coppell, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Our daughter was part of a group of middle school students who stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in San Antonio June 21 and 22.

When she returned home, she was missing her phone. We never called the hotel because she was fairly certain it was at our house somewhere. What a pleasant surprise a week later when we received a phone call from the hotel saying they had found a phone and were calling to verify it was ours! Arrangements were made for ground parcel delivery in a few days. Our second pleasant surprise came when the phone arrived the next day, obviously sent overnight.

In a world where outstanding customer service is almost a thing of the past, we are very grateful for the honest people who found the phone and made the efforts necessary to return it. We will definitely keep Holiday Inn Express in mind for any future trips to San Antonio!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Everything was really good from the front desk to the rooms , 10 minute drive to downtown San Antonio , only thing was the washcloth had hair in it. Other then that mishap everything was good. Also the breakfast was good and free.

• Stayed June 2013
cphips, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back soon!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

This room ruined my stay. I had a one day stop over in San Antonio and figured I would hang out and visit some of the attractions in the area. I even booked a jacuzzi room in anticipation of some relaxation. The room that I was given was FILTHY! The bathroom toilet had not even been cleaned!! The jacuzzi had dirt and hairs from the previous occupant. The room was so filthy that I didnt want to touch anything. Its almost as if housekeeping only did a surface clean, not expecting that the guests would check more closely. The clerk informed me that there were no other jacuzzi rooms available when I requested to be moved. He asked if I would prefer to move to a different hotel but I had already driven for 4 hours and I was tired. I got some cleaning supplies from the front desk, cleaned the room myself and went to sleep!!! The pool had clumps of dirt in the bottom so I didnt use it. The busiest holiday weekend of the year and this hotel had a dirty pool! I have stayed at plenty of Holiday Inn Express - this was my first dissapointment. I'm no hotel snob by a long shot...I have stayed in everything from basic truck stop hotels to the Four Seasons, and honestly this was the worst. My last stay previous to this one was at a Motel 6 and the room was the cleanest ever! Two thumbs down for this Holiday Inn Express. Im a reward member but I'm going to go with another chain.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear Renee H,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the room conditions. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the cleanliness of the room has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Having stayed at many hotels around the world and many being Holiday Inn Express I can not express how impressed we were with this one. Easy to find and spotless is just the tip of the iceberg. Without doubt David at the front desk stands head and shoulders above other front desk people. From the moment entering to the moment we left he made this feel like our home.Never once did he not ask what he could do for us and if all was ok. From making us cookies to having our room serviced even a welcoming gift you could never find better. This location is now our home away from home when we are in this area. Hats off to you your fellow staff and all that you do. Without a doubt you are the best.Many could learn from you,sadly few will ever be like you, we are proud to say we stayed there and met you.

Room Tip: Dont even consider another property.Here you will feel welcome and appreciated.This is the best of t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
cphips, Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our employee David and your experiance here at the Holiday Inn Express I-10 NW. We anticipate your return visit. Hope to see you seen. Best Regards
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Very nice, convenient and clean hotel. Great breakfast with very helpful and personable service. All employees seemed to enjoy their workplace and have a pleasant camaraderie, while taking good care of their guests. Clean, stress-free environment.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
cphips, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for your recent comments in regards to your stay with us. We thank you and hope to see you on your next trip to the area.

Best Regards
West Richland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Found the hotel to be very nice. The property is clean and well kept. Located within easy walking distance to a shopping center with a lot of dinner options if you are unfamiliar with the area. The front desk was very pleasant and provided me with directions and several maps of the area to use to get around. We chose to walk to the center for dinner. The fitness center is not very large, but the 3 machines should provide the exercise you need. Didn't use the outdoor pool, but it look very nice. Our king room was very large and spacious. There was also warm cookies st the front desk in the evening for your enjoyment.

• Stayed April 2013