“great service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #185 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Lafayette, Indiana
“great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Clean hotel, Excellent service. The lady at the desk ( Kailey Mendez) was extremely friendly and helpful, Always greeted us with a smile We stayed 5 days and were extremely satisfied If and when we return to San Antonio we will be staying here again. I hope this will help when going to San Antonio

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kailey M, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Jim S., Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us here at the HI Express IH-10NW. Its always a pleasure to hear feedback of such a positive nature. Your comments will be passed on to our entire staff. Thank you for choosing IHG, and we look forward to serving you with your future travel needs. Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Huntsville, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Quaint is exactly how I would describe this hotel. My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights to visit sea world and the river walk. I got this room on a discount website so I was a little apprehensive as it was listed as a 2 1/2 star hotel. Check in was friendly and fast. When we got to the room, we looked for problems and couldn't find any. The room was pretty clean. When I logged onto the WiFi, I became disappointed. I had trouble watching YouTube videos even at the lowest quality and other websites were slow as well. When I went to take a shower I found my next disappointment. The shower head had three settings. Pierce your skin, sink faucet, or a gush of water that was so low pressured I had to wipe the soap off of me. The beds were comfortable. When we woke up and went downstairs for breakfast, I was somewhat impressed. They offered your normal stuff. Then they also had eggs, biscuits, and sausage gravy, They also had a pancake maker. The breakfast here is definitely by far the best aspect of this hotel. Checkout was quick and easy. The biggest thing that upset me was a phone call I received. The hotel clerk tried to claim I had not paid for the following night I was there. Upon further investigation, they realized they had meant the call to be the next room over.

All in all, this hotel is a nice place to put your head if it's a short trip or an overnight stop. If I could get the price I paid again, I would likely stay here again. I give this hotel a 2/5. The lack of decent band-with, a cruddy shower-head, and being mistaken for another delinquent guest is where this hotel gets its deductions. If the hotel had not mistaken me for another guest, I would give this hotel a rating a 3/5.

Room Tip: Call the hotel after reservations are made. If your reservation is listed "best available"...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gamer275
Kailey M, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Gamer275, Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to the my attention, and apologize for any in convenience you may have experienced. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service. We are sorry we fell below your expectations. Your feedback enables us to target problem areas, and get them resolved as quickly as possible to avoid similar situations. Thank you again for your candid feedback. Best Regards
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Clean hotel, as good a breakfast as any other Holiday Inn Express, friendly staff. Stayed here in a "normal" room on business in Sept. Internet is slow, but consistent. Rooms have fridge and microwave. Bed was kinda old

Room Tip: Don't be right by the elevator!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kailey M, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay her at the Holiday Inn Express IH-10 NW. We value feedback from our guests to help improve and provide exceptional service. Your comments will be passed on to our entire staff, and your concerns will be assigned to proper departments. Thank you again for choosing IHG Hotels. Best Regards
Georgetown, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks for training and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. David, the gentleman who worked the desk in the evening, was always there with an extra hand, salt and pepper shaker, conversation or anything you needed. The breakfasts were fabulous and the ladies who looked over that were also friendly. I know they all are are supposed to be friendly but they made me feel like I was their #1 priority. Cannot leave out the morning folks who sent me out each day with a sincere greeting. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding Holiday Inn Express IH-10 NW. We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your delightful experience. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make our hotel exceptional. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Fiesta.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband, son and I regularly stay at Holiday Inn Expresses because while they aren't fancy, you can usually count on them to be clean, the beds to be comfortable and they usually have microwaves in the room which we need to feed our infant son. We also enjoy the breakfast and the cookies and happy hour that some locations have. In fact, the last five hotel stays we have had have all been in HIE. Unfortunately, this location was not up to par. It started at check in. We booked through expedia and made sure before booking that it stated that the room had a microwave in every room. We need a microwave because we have an infant son who is on special hypo-allergenic formula. Therefore, we have to have an in-room microwave to be able to steam bottles. At check in, I clarified that they had an in-room microwave as the ad on Expedia had stated. The man at the desk told me no, they didn't. I informed him that expedia said otherwise and explained to him why I needed a microwave. He told me I could come down to the eating area and use their microwave. I explained to him that I was not going to get up in the middle of the night and come down to the general area to warm up a bottle just to be able to feed my son--that was ridiculous--especially when we had made sure before booking and the entire reason we had stayed with them was because they had an in-room microwave! (But for the microwave, I would have booked at a much nicer hotel that didn't have an in room microwave but was the same price!) He then calls over what appeared to be a manager or assistant manager. Without even hearing why we needed the in-room microwave, the man began screaming (literally screaming) at me. Honestly, I have never been treated so rudely and unprofessionally at a hotel ever. I then started trying to explain to him why I did not find this to be a practical solution and he just simply walked away and ignored me! (As an aside, if I had just been wanting to heat up a snack, I probably would have come down to the general area where there was a microwave and not made a big deal out of it. However, anyone who has to get up with an infant several times a night for middle-of-the-night feedings knows that this isn't practical.) Despite the fact that I was almost in tears from being treated so poorly, I called after the man and told him he needed to come back and resolve the situation...which, finally, he did. After more tense words and about 20 minutes, they were able to locate a microwave to put in my room.

Unfortunately, that is not where the problems ended. The room was really dirty. We put my son on the floor of the room briefly to play and then noticed that within 5 minutes he was covered in grime and dirt--I was disgusted. I'm guessing housekeeping does not vacume. The bathroom was no better. I noticed some sort of mildew around the bathtub and there was a bug in the bathtub, too.

I was disappointed to also learn that there was not the regular milk and cookies happy hour...when I asked about it, they said they were out of cookies. Apparently, they were also out of sodas as well. Their vending machine had a sign on it that it was broken as did the soda machine on both the 1st and 3rd floor. I finally found what I thought was a working machine on the 2nd floor. They were out of my drink of choice (diet dr. pepper), so I pushed the button for a diet coke...only I got a lemonade instead!

At nighttime, my husband requested extra pillows (which we have done at other HFE's and never had a problem) because he sleeps in an incline position. They told us they were out because the hotel was full, but this was a blatant misrepresentation because there was no one staying int he rooms around us. I think that they just didn't want to be bothered.

Additionally, the a/c unit in our room did not appear to be working properly. Despite the fact that we turned it down into the 60's, it appeared to stay at about 80 even at night. As a result of it being so warm in the room, both my husband an I slept very poorly.

The breakfast was also sub-par compared to the other HFE's I have stayed at both in terms of food selection and quality of the food.

Any of the problems by themselves (except for the manager screaming at me which was completely unprofessional and unacceptable) would not have been a big deal by itself, but in aggregate the problems tells me that this hotel has a top-down management problem that HFE should address if they want to preserver their reputation. If this had been our first experience at a HFE, we would likely never stay at another one again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ibackbevo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear ibackbevo,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we
pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
keller
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband, parents, and I stayed one night at this hotel on our way to Corpus Christi. Everything from check-in to check-out was nice. The guy at the front desk was very courteous and professional and explained things very thoroughly. The pool area is very nice, secluded, and clean and we enjoyed our time there. The free breakfast offered a good variety of food. My only complaint is that the coffee was terrible, but that is the only bad thing I can say! The rest of the stay was great.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Gilbert C, Front Office Manager at Hotel San Antonio I-10 Northwest, responded to this review, 13 January 2015
Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again.
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

The staff at this hotel could not have been more accommodating. We had our family from Germany visiting with us, so we needed two rooms. When I made our reservations, I asked if we could have rooms as close together as possible and away from the street side of the hotel.

When we arrived, David Hernandez at the front desk gave me a very warm welcome, said he had handled my original reservation and informed me that our rooms were not only close together, but were next to each other with an adjoining door. He gave us our welcome packs (I am a platinum member) and within minutes of arriving in our room, he called to see if everything was okay.

The room was very comfortable, and the children had a lot of fun going between the rooms. Having the adjoining room, really made a difference in our stay.

The breakfast was also a big hit with our family from Germany. They loved the food choices and especially liked the pancake machine.

Thanks for a great stay!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback! We hope to see you again.