“Best Place to stay for BMT Graduation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Antonio
Gateway Villa - Air Force Inns
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I reserved my room about 7 weeks in advance of my sons Graduation Date. I was told that there was a chance that I could be bumped from my room to another one on base or even off base since these rooms are geared to Active Duty Airmen and Families. I booked a Family Suite which included Bedroom with Queen Bed, Living Room with Sofa Bed, and full Kitchen for $60. 2 weeks before arrival date, I received a call telling me that I had been bumped to a regular room which was disappointing but I was still very happy to be on base. But worse was that some people were informed when they arrived to check in that they were bumped to another hotel on base. The regular room has a separate bedroom with 1 Queen bed, living room with 2 chairs, and a small kitchen with snack bar with 2 chairs. This room is $56. There is full size Fridge, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Stove Top. There is also some dishes, pots and pans etc. There are Tvs in each room and a DVD player. The bedroom is very small but there is a large walk in closet with lots of room for storage. There is a safe in the closet too. The Hotel is older, but very clean. And most important to us was that we had somewhere to bring our Airman back to the room during Base Liberty to eat and relax. We saw many people hanging out in the Malls and even sitting in cars during Base Liberty Day. This Hotel is across the Street from the Parade Grounds where Graduation takes place. As mentioned before, this is great because you don't have to ride a bus after Graduation and can get to the dorms quicker than the massive amount of people on the buses. Plus it is very nice area to walk around in the evenings. There are many models of older Airplanes around the Field to look at and take pictures of. There are many places to eat on Base but we saved quite a bit of money by eating at least one meal a day in our room. There are 2 other Hotels on base, Gateway Inn, and Gateway Lodge. At one of those, you have to share a Bathroom with room next door (don't remember which one) so you might want to ask about that when booking. I would strongly recommend you consider this Hotel instead of staying off base.

Room Tip: Book Family Suite if you can. Is $4 more than standard room and includes a Sofa Bed. There are no ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
16  Thank Lynndy2006
There are newer reviews for Gateway Villa - Air Force Inns

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Gateway Villas for BMT graduation this last week. It was so worth not being in a fancy hotel out in town! We were in a family suite with a full kitchen, so we were able to fix meals in the rooms when we didn't want to eat out. We were able to take our Airman back to the room and hangout on "base" liberty only days, when everyone else was looking for a spot to hang out that was out of the heat. He was able to do his laundry (for free before going to tech school) at our hotel instead of dealing with the mass laundry back at the dorms. The rooms were clean, safe and the service was excellent! 60.00 a night was a bargain! The other plus was that while everyone else was waiting for a shuttle back to the reception center after graduation, we walked across the street to our car, drove over to the dorm area parking and were through with the tour before half the people even got there. So many pluses staying on base for Graduation!

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank Jlynnba
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Last weekend I decided to stay on base at the Gateway Inn (not to be confused with Gateway Lodge or Gateway Villa) while attending my son's BMT graduation. I had read mixed reviews but majority had said it was average, clean, safe and yes it's true. It's outdated but my room was clean and I felt safe there. I thought I was only getting a room with a bathroom but my room also had a kitchen (with frige and microwave) and small living-room. There were two televisions as well. So I was pleasantly surprised, especially for having paid under $60 per night. If you want fancy this is not the place for you. If you want clean, safe, on base convenience, this is it! I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a private bathroom, otherwise you may end up in a room where you have to share.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very nice and clean not modern but nice and clean the hotel staff did a great job we always felt at home kitchens fully stocked with pots pans plates and silverware there is a baby playpen and high chair already in the room could not beat this for the money

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tim m
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed on base at the Gateway Lodge for my daughter's graduation from BMT at Lackland AFB from June 11-15. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and well maintained. Nice air and central to everything on base. We were within walking distance to the Airman's Run and the BMT Reception Center. The beds were extremely comfy and each room has a queen bed, TV, safe, dehumidifier, fridge, coffee maker, microwave, iron and a shared bathroom. We shared our bathroom with my son and it worked out perfectly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to see their loved on graduate!

Room Tip: If you stay towards the front of the hotel you can hear Reveille in the mornings at about 5:45. If y...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Diana A
Reviewed 17 May 2014

April 29 thru May 5. We had 3 rooms (2Lodge/1Villa). Older units, we did have private baths and were able to have ground floor units. These are no frills VERY CLEAN rooms with one queen short bed, refrig w/microwave accommodations. As two family members are over six feet tall they did not have comfortable nights sleeping. If you can reserve rooms at these locations for events for graduations it is perfect. REMEMBER to ask for private bath unless your 2nd room is for a friend or family members. You are parked and then walk to the designated areas for the planned events. Air conditions were spotty, de humidifier did its job. Ample closet space.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The huge number of rooms availabe on Lackland Air Force Base as well as variety is a must take advantage while traveling for retired military. Its a bit of drive from most tourist attractions but considerint the quality of the rooms and the price its well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple