“Rude, disgusting and not for handicap people”

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 San Antonio - SeaWorld North
Ranked #256 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Rude, disgusting and not for handicap people”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

The manager is very rude and has no respect for anyone. She was very ugly about my handicap child. It says kids 17 and under stay free but she charged me for my son and said she didn't care if he was handicap. The premises is disgusting there is trash everywhere outside. The fire extinguishers have broken glass and any child could get hurt. You go to front desk and you stand there for 10mins or more before you get help when the manager is working. All together this is a disgusting and discriminating motel. DO NOT STAY THERE!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lucy H
trishul1604, General Manager at Motel 6 San Antonio - SeaWorld North, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
When the room was reserved, we were not made aware of an handicap room was required or there was a child with special needs. We offer rooms that are designed for handicapped guests to make their stay more comfortable. Also, guest requested that housekeeping do not enter the room during the guest's 7 night's stay. Another reason we were not aware of any special needs to make your stay more comfortable. Please keep in mind we did not charge for your child as you received a discount weekly rate for your stay with us.

We hope to see you again when your travel plans brings you to San Antonio.

Kind Regards,
Kay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Honolulu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

The location was perfect for me. Restaurants and stores nearby. 15 minutes to/from the San Antonio Airport. Room, beds were clean although the furniture and bathroom was starting to show some wear. Pulled back the sheets to inspect the mattress; no bedbugs, no "love stains." Staff was courteous, helpful and on the ball. A good value. When I visit San Antonio again, I'll be staying there. Nothing fancy; served my purposes as it was clean, convenient and quiet. Bill H. from Honolulu.

• Stayed November 2013
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Good location but terrible service. In second call for room redo (towels and bed sheets removed while we were out) manager said we could stay but without bed sheets and towels. She threatened to call the police. If you looking for courteous and caring customer service, this is not the place.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Helptr
San Antonio, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I booked a room for 2 nights a week in advance for my parents who where coming to visit from Az for the 4th of July. I spoke to the front desk on the 4th letting them know that due to circumstances outside of our control we were coming in late and to save my room. I called them again @7:30 pm and confirmed we were coming, the room was reserved with my CC card so I expected them to charge me. The hotel called me at 4:30 am and I told them it was a very long drive but we were well on our way. I called the hotel in the morning @7:45 cause they had charged my card for 2 nights and told the front desk we were almost there. Well, my mom got to the hotel and they told her the room was not available and she could not check in. They said that since we were a no show they gave the room to someone else and there were no refunds. Needless to say I was very uspset, but Ms. Patel the manager was rude and said she didn't care why we were late. I showed her my call log but she didn't care.
I called corporate to complain cause I felt we had done everything correctly to keep the room, and apparently if you don't check in by 6 am they can charge you and still rent out the room. I told them I was in contact all night and they never told me my room was already rented out. I would have gone myself to check in if I knew this would happen! I never stay at motel 6 cause of their reputation. I me and my family won't ever stay there in the future. We are waiting for the refund and investgation

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Donna A
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Place has really gone downhill. Stayed one night and spoke with TWO separate clerks. One skinny tall guy and one short angry looking guy: They were rude, condescending, and unpleasant, which is a shame because when my wife and I stayed there last year we had the best manager ever- A big guy named Brian who took care of us like we were family! Helped with our bags without being asked. Extra pillows? No problem. Blankets? Sure! Help with the tv? You betcha! Even the housekeeper agreed with us how much she loved the guy the next morning as we were leaving for Sea World!!!
The new people are terrible. The tall skinny punk refused to help with our bags, and the short angry guy wouldn't even let us come through the lobby when it was pouring down rain. We had to walk around the side of the building and got soaked! Place must be under new, and worse, management.
*Brian, if you happen to read this, reply which hotel you're at now. We will go there next time!!!! lol*

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank william b
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

My stay was decent and slept well. It is pet friendly so be aware of flea bites at night. My family and i including my dog woke up itching all over. Im hoping they spray somekind of pesticide but not sure. Other than that, staff is friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed September 2011
Joshua, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

DON'T STAY HERE!

Prior to this experience I had been a faithful Motel 6 customer. After this experience, I WILL NEVER STAY at another Motel 6!

I phoned this motel 24 hours prior to arrival to make a reservation. I enquired of the price and was told $65. I have never paid $65 at a Motel 6 and I informed the clerk of this but decided to bite the bullet and gave my credit card information to reserve the room).

Next day, at the desk...
Clerk: That'll be $78.
Me: "SEVENTY-EIGHT DOLLARS! I was told $65 last night!"
Clerk: "Do you know who you spoke with?"
Me: "Yes, his name is Ricky."

(Ricky enters the room)
Ricky: "That's $65 plus tax."
Me: "So why didn't you tell me that last night when I spoke with you on the phone."
Ricky: "We can't control the tax. Every motel collects tax."
Me: "Yes, but I let you know that I thought the $65 you quoted was outrageous and you led me to believe that was the total cost including tax."
Ricky: "Your room will cost you $78."

Me: "Never mind... I find another motel."
Ricky: "Fine."

(as I'm about to exit)
Clerk: "Sir, your credit card will still be billed since you didn't cancel your reservation 24 hours ago."
Me: WHAT! How's that?
Clerk: "Company policy... it states that on the Motel 6 website."

Me: Really? "Well then I have no choice then."

(and so, I took the room)
I entered the room at 11:30pm, turned on the a/c and waited about an hour before the room began cooling. Now sweating in a sweltering room, I decided to shower but noticed there wasn't any little packets of shampoo and so, called the motel office. No answer. Went to the locked lobby door, knocked and told the clerk there wasn't any shampoo in my room. To which he replied, we don't give away shampoo but there's a vending machine with packets of shampoo for sale."

$78 for the room plus $2 for little packet of shampoo... $80 BUCKS... at a Motel 6!

I woke up the next morning expecting a Continental Breakfast... entered lobby to find FREE(?) coffee in a styrofoam cup!

I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN STAY AT A MOTEL 6 !

Room Tip: Here's a tip if you're looking for a good room... DON'T STAY HERE!