“Don't Stay Here if You Expect a Warm Pool!”

Comfort Suites Near Seaworld
Ranked #156 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed April 10-13. It is a good location- close to sea world and to restaurants. It was clean. I found the staff very helpful.

However, my main complaints are:
THE POOL!!! It is not heated. We specifically stayed an extra night so that we could wake up and swim in the morning before we left. However, the pool was FREEZING! I do not understand the point of advertising an indoor pool when it is just as cold as an outside pool would be. A previous reviewer said it was cold, but I didn't realize that when he said cold he meant FREEZING! My kids swam every night for about 10 minutes. My daughter's lips turned blue. We ended up in the hot tub when it was not turned up full blast. At one point there were 8 people in there because it was the only thing warm!

For entertainment you can go sit by the pool and watch the innocent children jump in thinking it is warm. It is very funny. Especially the ones you warn and don't believe you how cold the pool is.

I feel like it was a waste of money for that extra night. We could have left directly from Sea World and saved about 120 dollars. And the kids would have slept all the way home.

The breakfast food was typical. My complaint with that is the breakfast room is way to small. We had to carry our breakfast back to our room one morning. With three young kids this was a pain. So, send a person to get a table if you don't want to do that.

The other thing was in our room we could hear gushes of water. I don't know if it was because we were close to the laundry room or if it was a different room running a shower. It was not only annoying, but when you have a kid that has been known to have accidents in bed, this is not a good thing.

Room Tip: First floor on the weekend so you can carry your breakfast back when the breakfast area is full!
1  Thank Jennifer B
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Near Seaworld

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here after a stay at a "not so good" hotel in the area. The room was good sized, a king size bed in the bedroom (however there is a door BUT it was all windows in it so we covered it for sleeping in the room), nice TV's flat screens - 2 of them - one in the bedroom and one in the living room. The bathroom is NOT in the bedroom which I greatly appreciated. There are two sinks which are nice but there is no towel bar in the sink area- had to lay the towel on the counter. Would have really liked to have a towel bar in the sink area. The toilet and shower are separate which again is nice. The living room area is larger than most comfort suites, had a sleeper sofa, a work desk, nice size refrigerator and microwave- much appreciated. The room was mostly clean - few minor things but not enough to mention. Housekeeping was efficient. I did hear the people above us walking and jumping around but thankfully they settled in and weren't up all night otherwise I don't think I would have been able to sleep. I did not hear neighbors on either side which was nice. They have the "typical" hotel breakfast - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, a few fruit, cold cereals, a few pastries and waffles but it is the SAME thing every day. When you stay for a week you get VERY sick of the food. It would be nice to mix it up a little - even alternating bacon with sausage would be greatly appreciated. I was very impressed with the front desk staff. They were so helpful about getting around, restaurants, etc. This area of San Antonio is crazy - 5 lane freeways in each direction along with a "frontage road - 50 mpg" with 3 lanes in each direction. I don't anticipate being in San Antonio again in the future but if I am ever there again, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel. There is a "gentleman's club" right next door but thankfully it is not open. Had it been open I would not have stayed here. Hopefully it will remain closed.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My fiance and I stayed here the week we were in San Antonio. The hotel is in a great location. We felt very safe there the whole time. All the staff there were very friendly and accommodating. There was a continental breakfast from 6:30-9:30 every morning. The food was pretty good but it would have been nice if they switched up the food just a little bit. Our room was clean and nice. The only thing I didn't like about the room was that the tub drained slowly so you were standing in about two inches of water when you showered. It wasn't a big enough deal to me though to mention it to them while we were there. We had a king size bed in our room that was one of the best beds I ever slept in. There was also a fridge and a microwave. This was a wonderful hotel experience and will make me choose this hotel chain in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I picked this hotel due to it being close to SeaWorld. The rooms were great. They were clean and very roomy. It was nice for the kids since they had their own room to watch tv and play with their toys. The beds were very comfortable. I didn't have any trouble sleeping. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool but it was a little cold for me. They do have a sign posted that the pool is not heated in the pool area but I never noticed it on their website. No big deal, I hung out in the hot tub. Breakfast was good and they had plenty to choose from. The ladies at the front desk were very helpful in finding the quickest route to the Alamo/riverwalk area. I thought she was crazy sending me the way she did but she was on point.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I came to San Antonio and reserved a king bed room with a whirlpool for under $90 with taxes and the fees included in that. It is an older hotel and shows some wear, but it was clean, I felt safe, and the people that worked there were very friendly. We didn't hear other guests. The bed was comfortable. There wasn't many channels on the t.v. though, but that isn't a huge issue. Also, the caulking around the whirlpool tub was coming off, but again, not a huge issue. They didn't skimp in towels or pillows like a lot of hotels. I would definitely stay there again. I feel it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at in that price range.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JMS4409
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed the week of spring break when the hotel was completely full.All the staff was working very hard but they do need more help. Extra nice was their Concierge Service Pamphlet and the business center with printer and computer. Grandchildren enjoyed the pool. It is not heated but hot tub attached is and even I swam. Breakfast room is small when hotel is full but the food was good.Booked this hotel due to the suite(door closing off bedroom) which is great when you have small children going to bed before the adults. Front desk was helpful and friendly. Love the cookies.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a door closing off bedroom.
1  Thank barbaraFortWorth
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel because it was close to SeaWorld. The room was a very nice size with two TV's and a door that separated the two rooms. Being able to close the door was great, it really makes the bedroom nice and quiet. Unfortunately, the room did show some "wear and tear" and we did not have any towels in our room when we checked in. We had to go down to the front desk and get our own. The breakfast was ok. The room is a little crowded and a little messy, but the waffles were good. Overall, for the price I paid we had an ok stay.

2  Thank kpcdk