“Wonderful night auditor” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Wonderful night auditor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

The lady that checked me in told me I couldn't check out early. I was a little confused becuase I work at a Hampton myself and I did not pre-pay for my rooms. The night audit lady adjusted my check out date and was very friendly. At 5:58 AM the breakfast lady wouldn't let me in to put juice in my 2 year olds sippy cup. She said breakfast didn't start until 6AM. I was disspointed in the hospitality of some of the staff, but the night auditor made up for it all. Everything else was fine.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I am an avid Marriott Reward customer and as a rule stay at Marriotts to keep my points all in one basket. During inclement weather in the Texas area we were forced to drive to San Antonio to catch flights out and a fellow team member made the one night reservations at this hotel. I was so impressed with all aspects fo my stay here that in future trips I will look to Hampton Inn and Suites for possible stays. Kudos big time to the staff at the San Antonio Hampton Inn and Suites near the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was greeted with grace and kindenss after a very bad travel, airline related. Mary O'cana was empowered to make me happy, THANKS MARY!! I am not sure why trip advisor requires 200 characters,but my experience was great till I had to just strat typing to fill a void. A rediculous requirement Mr Owl with the binoculars. Re eork your business model my night folw you....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

The Woodlands, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Pleasantly surprised. I made a mistake in booking this hotel and prayed that I didn't do to badly. I was extremely happy when we upgraded the room to a larger size. It accommodated my husband and I as well as our three children, which is very hard to find now days. Thank you for making our stay comfortable and enjoyable

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Houston, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over a dozen times in the last 2 years for work and personal reasons. Up until my last stay I had only positive experiences. The day we checked in was the first "cold" day in San Antonio since last winter. Night time low around 35F. The heater in our first room did not function properly. You could set it to 68F and it would turn on, heat up to 68F, then immediately blow ice cold air until it was cold in the room again. Called the front desk. A very nice staffer came up and spent 10 minutes trying to fix the A/C. He left and it started doing that same thing again. He came back up and helped us move to a new room. Again, the heat in our new room did the same thing. The staffer couldn't believe it. They have no maintenance people working on the weekends, so we had to just stay in the hot/cold room. Only remedy was to turn the heat way up (80F) and then get up and turn it completely off. I went to sleep sweating, and woke up freezing. I told the front desk about the problem upon check out and they said the GM would give me a call. It's been over a week and I have still not heard from the GM. 100% satisfaction...yeah right. If you stay here, make sure it's warm outside.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The staff made this otherwise ordinary-but-comfortable hotel into a terrific stay. Every little question or problem was immediately solved for me. As a result, this trip was stress-free and very enjoyable. I will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Columbus, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

The staff across the board is very friendly and the location close to the airport is very convenient, but it doesn't make up for the poor construction. Make sure you have a high floor as you'll be able to hear the person walking in the room above you otherwise.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business