“great stay”

Ranked #227 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Abilene, Texas, United States
“great stay”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

we had an awesome time here John was great.. Great service. Milli was awesome here and at our stay in austin at the super 8 university/downtown location. we will definetly stay here and there again. Thanks Guys!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Abilene, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 November 2011

John was very helpful. Milli was awesome here and in Austin @ the Super 8 University downtown location. The motel is wonderful. We will come back

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The hotel was fine, but I don't think it would be a place I'd return to. My wife and I were in San Antonio for a memoral service for my son, so we just needed a place to stay that was close to the location. We were on the ground floor and had to deal with overhead noise at all hours. However, on the bright side, Jon Catillo, the Front Desk Supevisor, was great, helpful, accommodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room,you won't have people running over the top of you.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Tony M
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and son recently stayed at this hotel. Because of location and a recommendation. We booked an upgraded room. Apprx. 4 months prior to trip. The day before their trip I called the hotel personally to let them know they would be arriving late. (they had a late flight) When they got to the hotel they were told their room had been given up and they now were in a room on the ground floor. I don't know if the room on higher floor were any better. But this room smelled of disinfectant. They checked the beds and the sheets appeared to be clean. But the mattress was stained and soiled. Because of the time, they decided to tuff it out. They did not take there clothes out of the suitcases. They also slept in their clothes.And the next morning they checked out. The employee at the front desk did not seem surprised.And did not charge them for the other days we had booked. I found them another hotel in the meantime. And while looking for another and sharing the story. The other hotels didn't seem surprised. My son was in town for a competition. So a lot of hotels were already full. So finding another was not an easy task. But I finally did. I highly urge this hotel to put a little a little effort into the quality of their establishment. Will we ever stay there again. NO

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank beverly352
Colorado City, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2011

After booking our rooms under an employee rate with a choicehotel.com link by mistake and calling the hotel to insure everything was ok with our reservations, and being told that all was GOOD!!! Then arriving at 12am on 7/13/2011 after traveling all day and being told by a Mr. Dan King that the employee who booked the room had to be there with I.D..I understood that was a mistake on my behalf and was trying to explain the situation when I was told by Mr. King "ALL YOUR DOING IS TRYING TO CHEAT THE SYSTEM!" I could not believe the horrible treatment that he was giving myself and my husband! At that point I asked to speak to his manager and he informed me that he was the manager. Even though his card said Director of Operations. I asked this man nicely,"What do we need to do?" still planning on staying there after this terrible Cust. Serv.. His reply was "I don't know but your not staying here." I have worked cust. serv. for many years and have never seen such horrible treatment to anyone!

Room Tip: If customer service is important to you do not stay here..
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristi F
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel because it was very close to my brother house. The staff was very nice. The thing that shocked me was that they do not seem to use a vacum cleaner. The front door entrance of the Hotel is very filthy this is the entrance they should maintain it in optimium conditions. I stayed on the first floor and the rug was also not so clean. The laundry was always full of bed sheets everywhere.

The girl who cleaned the room do not change the sheets, even after we placed the sign, she disappeared the sign so we did not leaver her a tip. The towels did not smell nice If they fix these little details there Hotel will run in excellent conditions.

Awilda Hernández, San Juan, Puerto Rico

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2011

This hotel was very convenient. Only 6 miles from Sea World, where my mom and I came to visit. Wonderful and comfy rooms, friendly staff, great property. The breakfast could have used some improving, but overall not bad. Also, the only complaint I had is that every time I came down to the desk, the clerk was nowhere to be found.... But no issues to add. Definitely will be staying here when we come back in a couple months.

:) Love the flat screen tv's

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends