“I love this place!”

Ranked #9 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Richmond, TX
“I love this place!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have been to this hotel twice last year. The first time with my teen aged son, we had a wonderful room in the older part of the hotel for a few days. We had a blast and my son loved the free popcorn and soda of course. I loved it so much I came back with my mother and got a terrace suite in the new tower. Wonderful room and we loved sitting on the balcony checking out the view (when we were actually in the room). The pool on the roof was fantastic and so was the Jacuzzi. My mom loved it so much she came back this year with her friend.

I just reserved a few nights to stay with my daughter just to get away from it all. I know she will love it as much as I do. I have no complaints about this hotel and I travel around Texas quite frequently. My favorite place to go visit is San Antonio, on the Riverwalk at the Drury. Love this place!

Room Tip: I personally like the rooms with the Terrace view in the San Fernando tower. If you stay in the ori...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

My family of five, 3 kids ages 7, 4, and 2, stayed at this hotel for three nights. I'd never stayed at a Drury, but chose it based on location plus the good reviews. I'm glad I did! The location was wonderful. Just step out the lower level door and you're on the Riverwalk. Great convenience for having small children and wanting to avoid the car for a day! We were able to walk to the Alamo, walk back and take a river boat ride, walk to the mall and have lunch, easily in half a day. The hotel room we chose was a standard, two bedroom room but it was much larger than the standard rooms at most chains. We also had a river view without asking or paying extra. The bathroom was a bit small for our size family but was manageable. The best part of the hotel for us was the availability of two pools, one indoor and one outdoor. We used the outdoor pool on the rooftop the first night and it was a beautiful view. Due to a strange cold front, we were very glad to have an indoor pool for the kids the next day. The food was better than average for breakfast and was always well stocked and the area clean. The food in the evening was easily dinner for our family. They had some regular items nightly (nachos, hot dogs, baked potatoes) and even had a couple of new things nightly. I'd probably pass on the food in the evening and choose a close riverwalk restaurant if it were just my husband and me, but with small kids avoiding a restaurant after a long day was wonderful. We wanted clean, convenient, and decently priced and this hotel did not disappoint. We'd definitely stay here again for another family vacation.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank GOmandm
Georgia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is a great hotel for the price! Its in the perfect location. Another great thing about it, no matter where you are in the city, you can see the Drury Plaza hotel no matter where you are! The sign is on top of the building and I found my way back everytime! Also be sure to check out the view from the top (day and night) its a beautiful sight! All of the extras are so nice. Free popcorn, Soft drinks, 3 free adult beverages per day, free hot meals for breakfast and dinner. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Expecially if you have kids, all of the extras will save you money!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly E
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hotel is in a great location, you have direct access to the Riverwalk from the basement floor. The room was really spacious and comfortable with a huge comfy bed! The bathroom had a great shower with a deeper than normal base so you could have a bath also if you wanted. We had a good city view from our room also. It would seems that all rooms have a good view. The fluffy pancakes and scrambled eggs were great at breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank babymcg
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I titled this a real head scratcher because this hotel is a contradiction in many ways. On the one hand, location is excellent, the hotel is quaint but comfortable, desk clerk was friendly and engaging. However, on the other hand, the valet parking did little more than point out the luggage carts, we lugged our own luggage to our room. The street noise was significant, even on the 14th floor. We heard honking, screaming (the Spurs had just finished playing a playoff game), and train whistles past midnight. The room was spacious, bathroom was clean and well designed, however, towels and linens seemed worn. We've stayed at the Grand Hyatt, and both Marriotts nearby, and will likely return to one of those properties the next time around.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rodriguezo0808
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback, this will help us strive to become a better hotel to serve you and future guests. We value your opinion on all aspects of the hotel and are very pleased you were able to share them with us. We were in the unique position of having our San Antonio Spurs win a playoff game and our fans have adopted a tradition of celebrating our wins on Commerce and Market Streets. Unfortunately we do not have any control over this celebration. I will address the issues with the towel quality with our housekeeping staff as well. Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels.

James Robbins
Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was quite pleased at this property as the location was perfect right on the riverwalk and the rooms were clean with comfortable beds. The free breakfast and late night meal is a great addition and makes this a perfect hotel for families. I first tried a Drury in St. Louis in February and have stayed in 4 different locations since and been pleased with all them. This is the first consistent brand nationwide i have found and this hotel is great for families, business, or couples. be forewarned the parking garage is tight for big SUVs.

Room Tip: Floor 1-4 gives you direct access to the parking garage for your car.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Hadlee34
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights with the kids while doing some exploring. The hotel has an excellent location! You can walk right down the stairs and be on the Riverwalk! Loved the fact they had repurposed the bank building. They also had fun displays of the older parts of the bank (vaults, vault doors). The front desk was very helpful, and while busy, the breakfast was never overly crowded. Our room was a great size, if a little dated (carpet). The only thing I would recommend AGAINST is ordering anything from a flyer if it is placed under the door. There was a pizza flyer under our door- so we tried it- terrible experience! I talked to the front desk, they were very apologetic- they had not put the flyer under the door...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family