“Wonderful Hotel!”

Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #9 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We just got back from from our stay at this hotel and the entire experience was great. We were concerned with the valet parking and whether or not we would need our car, but the location of this hotel was perfect, as we could easily walk everywhere we wanted to go. It was the center of everything, 4 blocks one way was River Center Mall, walk 4 blocks the other way and you were at the Market Place. From the basement level of the hotel you have direct access to the Riverwalk.

The rooms and entire hotel was very clean and the decor was very nice. The beds were very comfortable. Happy Hour and Breakfast was great, with plenty of food and variety. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were clean, stocked with towels and had great views of the city. The rooftop pool was a little crowded the last hour (9-10), but still had a great time.

The famous riverwalk boat tour secondary ticket booth and launching dock is very close to the hotel, this is where I recommend you catch the tour. The other ticket boot is at the River Center Mall, and the lines there are very long. We were able to buy our tickets and get directly onto a boat without a wait at 8pm at night. When we rode past the other launching dock at the mall the lines were horrible.

This was a great place to stay and we will stay here again our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank my3girlsAustin

Reviewed 2 August 2009

We just spent 4 days at the hotel. Everything was perfect. The hotel room was huge. The breakfast bar was a great start every morining. The front desk staff was pleasant. Check in/out was smooth.

Reviewed 30 July 2009

My husband, myself and my 2 daughters (2 and 10) had a phenominal experience at Drury. The staff treated us like family! The room was remarkable. The extras offered were a delightful bonus! We loved the breakfast , drinks and popcorn daily. The location and the historical aspect made our visit exceptional. We loved the pools! My kids thought they were in heaven! I can't say enough positive things about this place. we can't wait to come again.

Reviewed 30 July 2009

I found this hotel on TripAdvisor several months ago. Having stayed in the Riverwalk area several times in the past, I knew what it was about and wanted a nice place at a reasonable price with a great kid pool to stay with a few other families. This hotel popped to the top of the list on TripAdvisor and it was correct.. A very nice large free breakfast, free internet, rooftop pool and instant Riverwalk access made it a perfect fit..oh I forgot, the free happy hour everyday was the cheapest way to get a margarita on the Riverwalk. In the end I was very impressed with Drury. I'm a Hilton Diamond member who travels alot and who has seen alot. I'm not into fancy hotels with bellman, doormen and concierges but I do require clean, safe properties with a helpful friendly staff. This was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank AppletonWIBBQ_Guy
Reviewed 30 July 2009

The hotel is a great place to stay. If you are in the old bank part be aware there is a lot of walking. So if you can't do that ask to stay in the main part of the hote. Also be aware to ask for clean sheets as my sheets were not clean when I arrived at the hotel on the first night.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank LAgirl3304
Reviewed 29 July 2009

This place was fantastic! Excellent staff, very nice rooms with great view of the city. Its location on the Riverwalk is great. My two daughters age 6 and 10 loved the pools, especially the roof pool, it was neat swimming 23 floors up! It is also nice to have the big sign on top of the building, it kept me from getting lost around downtown since I could just look up and find the hotel. I look forward to going back. I travel a lot for business and hate staying at hotels, you know the feeling if you travel a lot, but this place was relaxing and enjoyable for me. Loved the happy hour every evening too. Free wireless internet. Parking is $18 a day valet with in/out privileges. I felt it was worth the cost.

Reviewed 21 July 2009

We really love the Drury Plaza - the old Alamo Bank Building. It's grand lobby is breath taking with the gold trimmed decor around the ceiling and on the posts. the rooms are great too with pillowtop beds and i love the granite vanities in the bathrooms. The lcd tvs are great too and they have free happy hour from 5:30 to 7:00 and free breakfast in the morning. you can't beat it!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple