“Great Family Hotel Near Seaworld”

Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Lackland
Ranked #135 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Texas
“Great Family Hotel Near Seaworld”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Our room was very clean. Hotel was family friendly with a theater for kids to watch movies. Pool was very nice and clean. However, don't be fooled by "sofabed," it only fits one "small" person. Great customer service and very close to Seaworld. Great breakfast buffet for reasonable price ($9.99).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
LRCruz, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Lackland, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review on the Courtyard by Marriott Lackland SeaWorld. We are a great hotel for families traveling to SeaWorld and Six Flags and our surrounding parks in the San Antonio SeaWorld area as well as other businesses and Military bases.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Safe travels and have a great Summer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Augie101898
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Bed was horendous! Worse night of sleep I have had in recent memory. I was in pain all night and had to keep waking up to rotate. My fiance had same issue. The room was a bit musty and did not get cool. We stayed one night and went to Sea World. I can not suggest this hotel for anything. After driving for 5 hours and getting told to use a door that did not work and then not being able to sleep there is no reason to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
LRCruz, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Lackland, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Lackland/Seaworld and I am sorry to hear that you did not sleep comfortably.
Our Courtyard is designed to anticipate guests need—functionality, safety, consistency, comfort and value. We strive to provide a warm, sophisticated environment and a variety of options that allow guests to be productive and comfortable. Our teams at Courtyard by Marriott try to help accommodate our guests’ desire to stay connected, productive and refreshed during their stay.
We appreciate your feedback and wish you safe travels.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This Courtyard was adequate for our stay. We were in town for a wedding so the location was perfect. The property was new, so nice, however, the bath tub did not have anti-slip bottom & my daughter fell in the tub. Luckily just a few bruises. The back door was out of order & my family did not like the small square pillows.

The staff was professional & courteous.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
LRCruz, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Lackland, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
I am very concerned to hear that you had an issue occur while staying at our Courtyard and please feel free to contact me for a more detailed report.

Our guests safety and security are extremely important to us and we take pride in being extremely helpful when our guests are in need. Once again, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

We hope that all of your travels are pleasant and hope to see you again when traveling to our beautiful city of San Antonio.
Fort Worth
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I chose this hotel based on the review that I had read and found it to be an excellent hotel! Our stay was pleasure after a business conference in Austin. Upon arrival we were greeted by Cherry at the front desk. She was great assisting me with a quick and easy check in and answering questions about local restaurants, entertainment and SeaWorld. There's a great theatre and several good restaurants within a short walking distance of the hotel. Our room was exceptionally clean, well maintained and our bed to be quite comfortable. Our grandson was with us and slepted on a hideway bed with the bedding already in the room. The hotel appears to be very well maintained. The pool though somewhat small was clean and the area well maintained with plenty of clean towels. Upon checking out I forgot a business folder leaving it in our room and didn't realize it was missing until we returned home. I spent several days searching through luggage, cars, house, etc. for the folder. When I called the hotel they advised that they did have the folder. I know it's not necessarily their responsibility to notify me but as the folder did contain my business cards with phone number and address it would have been nice had I received a phone call from them. This is a great hotel with great staff doing an excellent job. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Lackland Seaworld and we are delighted that you had such a wonderful time at our hotel and that Cherry took such good care of you and your grandchildren.

Our location is perfect for guests going to our Seaworld San Antonio, Lackland Air Force base or anywhere in between.

We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your next visit to San Antonio.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We went for the weekend for my sister-in-law's graduation & stayed 2 nights at this hotel. The breakfast buffet was simple, but delicious. The waitstaff were extremely professional and efficient. Front desk personnel were polite & inviting, and the manager was extremely accomodating. The hotel was clean, and quiet. I am the type of person who can find a mistake anywhere (and I usually do), however we were treated so well that the best way to describe our stay was "perfection". I even dropped my debit card in the hotel as we were leaving and they allowed us to go up (with the manager) and look for it (several hours after we had checked out). It was there! We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
LRCruz, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio SeaWorld/Lackland, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Our team would like to thank you very much for the great comments on the Courtyard by Marriott Lackland/Seaworld we very much appreciate the compliments.

We are thrilled that you had such a great stay and received the outstanding service that all of our guests deserve. Our staff strives to make sure every guest enjoys their stay and has a clean comfortable room and enjoys our great breakfast, indoor pool, bar and Texas hospitality.

We wish you many safe travels and look forward to any future stays you may have to the San Antonio Lackland/Seaworld area.
Carrollton, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We came for the birth of my nephew, only for my sister to go over her due date. We had to extend our stay and the folks there were nothing short of AMAZING. The employees are ALWAYS kind and polite, never a dull moment. There are lots I fun activities at the hotel, and we are excited for our next stay there!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the great comments on the Courtyard by Marriott Lackland Seaworld we will share your compliment with the entire team!

Many congratulations to your family on the birth of your newest family member and we look forward to many visits with your loved ones.

Happy and safe travels!

Team Courtyard
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed at this property for three nights back in January while on a work trip to San Antonio. Most notable from this stay were the extremely friendly staff. Everyone from the check in employees, breakfast staff, happy hour bartender, to the night shift employees...everyone was very pleasant and nice. There were $2 beers during happy hour which was nice (there is a small bar in the back as you walk in). The gym/pool/hot tub/laundry I also used and had no complaints there. The hotel is right next to Texas Roadhouse which was nice to have a restaurant within walking distance. The breakfast was quick and tasty. The room itself was nice and very clean. I remember the bed being VERY comfortable.

My only complaint as I remember was the entrance to the hotel. If you aren't careful you will miss the first entrance hoping to enter in the second entrance. However, the second entrance when I went was closed, so you had to loop all the way around and come back. I am not sure if this was permanent or temporary, but definitely worth noting.

I would say this has been my favorite property while traveling for work and I will be staying here again!

Room Tip: The hotel is on a busy street so you may want to request a room with less traffic noise.