“New, Excellent location and price”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio-Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #30 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our stay was excellent from arrival to departure. We will recommend this hotel to our friends and family. Location and price is excellent. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast room and hotel decor is very good. Indoor pool, huge fitness room.

1  Thank Hitesh N
Toni I, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites San Antonio-Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad to hear you loved the hotel, breakfast and the indoor pool. Our staff loves visiting with our guests about what to do in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Corey with guest services checked us in and obviously loves his job he was very helpful. We love the cloud 9 bed and the breakfast was awesome. Love the still new smell as well! Will definitely stay here again next time were in San Antonio Texas! You should too!

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for the nice review and comments about Corey. Yes he does love his job and visiting with our guests. I'm glad to hear you were able to relax at the hotel.

I do hope to see you again soon at the hotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This location is only a 10 min walk to the Riverwalk, affordable in comparison to the riverwalk hotels for those guests on a budget. Its newly renovated so the property has a great feel to it. The staff was extremely helpful and sincere. The actually had a great continental breakfast available with a lot of options for FREE! Parking although the lot was always full, was FREE and great perk for being walking distance to the riverwalk. The surrounding area is sketchy at night so beware. I would def stay here again for the price- they had free internet access, a fitness center that I thought did the job. The pool in indoors and very small but for the price it was nice to have that option.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review and comments about the hotel, staff and breakfast. Glad to hear you got out and enjoyed the Riverwalk and Market Square.

I do hope to see you again soon at the hotel.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Beautiful hotel in great location,staff was excellent and very helpful! Love,love the design of the interior! Everything was spotless. Free breakfast adds a great value to this hotel,we will be back in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review and for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown/Market Square. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy San Antonio.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Newly remodeled hotel, great location to the downtown/market area. The king/sofa bed suite was a good size - rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. Daily breakfast is served along with coffee and hot tea available all day. The indoor pool is nice. Free parking is a plus for this area!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RJLJ11

Thanks for the great review and for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown/Market Square. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy our convenient location to both the Riverwalk and the Market Square.

I hope when you travel to San Antonio again you will come back and see us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

King room was very spacious and modern but walls were thin. We woke to up the people above us having normal level conversations. At breakfast, there was lots of people but there was really only 1 person working to keep the food stocked. We spent a long time waiting just for food to be brought out. Location is close to a Riverwalk entrance but about a mile from the Riverwalk Center where all the action really is. Parking is limited but free.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room.
1  Thank MCHE88

Thank you for staying with us and for your comments. They are very important to me and to the hotel staff. I would like to apologize for breakfast. We do try to encourage guests to come a bit earlier. The last hour does get busier.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when back into San Antonio.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Kudos to Corey who was very helpful upon our arrival and Ben during our stay. This hotel is conveniently located blocks from the River walk and has free parking. In downtown that is unheard of ! The downside to the parking at this facility is that there are not a lot of spaces, so if you come back late you are forced to park in the next door abandoned building which at night could be suspicious. The hotel has only been open for 3 weeks so everything is new and fresh. The room was clean and comfortable and the A/C worked very well. One downside is that the do not disturb signs do not hang well on the door so two mornings in a row a staff member tried to walk in while we were sleeping. One morning it was to install a door stop in the bathroom, the other morning we never saw who tried to come in. But both mornings we were woken up before we were ready. On our last day there we needed to leave for the airport at 7 am and they advertise breakfast starting at 6 am. My husband went downstairs just after 6 am to get breakfast and very little was put out and the woman working to put the food out seemed upset that people were already there to get breakfast. In my book, that is minor, but should be noted. Additionally, i find that all other Hampton Inn's have a variety of teas and this location did not. I'd suggest the variety as it provides something for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NMBelen

Thanks for the great review and for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy all that San Antonio has to offer. Our staff loves interacting with our guests while giving out directions and recommendations.