“Great Value, Excellent Service”

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #72 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
East Haven, Connecticut
“Great Value, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks for Army training. My room was on first floor and very quiet even though it faced the highway. The common areas, pool, exercise rom, laundry, lobby, hallways and parking lot were always well kept. The staff was unbelievably awesome. I had an issue with my room air and they quickly fixed it. The hotel has a free shuttle that will drop you off and pick you up within 2-3 mile radius, and is also within walking distance of Mall, Shopping Center, Restaurants, TJ Max, Walmart and Sketchers Outlet. The breakfast buffet was very good, biscuits and gravy every morning along with fruits, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, breads, muffins, eggs, ect. In the evenings was wine & beer, soft drinks, and a light dinner with salad. The rooms have. small kitchen loaded with cooking utensils-a plus for me since I prefer to cook my own dinner. I was shuttled every day by hotel to my training site at another hotel a mile away, then at the end of the day (weather permitting) I would walk back, which with a full backpack, was a good workout. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again if I return to the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
We appreciate the remarkable comments you gave our hotel on your recent visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels, there are many choices in the area and we appreciate your business. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please contact me directly.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The staff was very friendly and obviously wanted their guest to have everything that they needed. Jeramie overheard my grandson say that he wanted jelly for his peanut butter sandwich as we walked into our room. He went down to the kitchen and brought some back to our room. The evening happy hour had very large baked potatoes with toppings as well as salad. Breakfast had a Texas shaped waffle maker along with a toaster for bagels, toast or English Muffins. Scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal and yogurt were also available. The room was roomy and comfortable. The kitchenette was handy. Plates, cups, mugs and silverware were available. The only complaint was that the air conditioner was noisy when it came on, enough to wake us up. We learned to cool the room down and then set the thermostat hotter before we went to bed so that it would not come on as often.The hotel is a little hard to see from the freeway but the GPS did guide us there. Overall we enjoyed our stay and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The King Suite includes a sofa bed. We stayed on the second floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing Towneplace Suites by Marriott for your most recent hotel needs, and most importantly, express my appreciation for commenting about the level of service you received. We do take pride in offering the best services and will take this opportunity to share your encounter with Jeramie in our next staff meeting. As a guest, your comments are welcomed and heeded; and utterly priceless to us because you truly know the quality of service that Marriott is consistently proud to offer all over the world. I realize that you have many choices in hotel accommodations, but I want you to know that here at Towneplace Suites Marriott we deeply value your business!
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Myself, my husband and my six year old daughter stayed over Labor Day Weekend. We had a great stay. The room was comfortable and well designed. We were able to move around the room very easily even with the couch turned down into a bed for our daughter. Having the kitchenette was great! The room was very quiet. We heard no noise from the airport or highway. I thought the hot breakfast was more than adequate and saved us both time and money. This hotel was a fantastic value! My husband in a Marriott Platinum member with 130 nights so far this year and he was impressed with the comfort of the hotel for the cost per night!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your encouraging view regarding your stay with us, we are pleased to hear everything went great during your visit Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Shreveport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed over labor day weekend with my mother and kids and we really enjoyed the hotel. The kids enjoyed swimming at the pool, the luxury of a full kitchen, room was above standard!! I will definitely stay here when I visit again. Located close to everything and the staff was soooo nice, gave me directions to wherever I needed to go and service always with a smile. Love this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2013
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip and for taking the time to share your experience with the traveling public. We are happy to hear that we met your needs during your stay and we hope you have another opportunity to book with us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please let me know.
Lake Ozark, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I had to work and was not at the hotel for the evening meal. At my request, the staff was kind enough to fix me a plate and place it in my room. They set me up with generous portions, along with a note and all the condiments I could have asked for. Little things mean a whole lot when "living" on the road! The bed was comfortable enough, and room was generously sized, with a good layout. I would definitely stay here again. Especially for longer term stays.

Room Tip: I was on the highway side and did not have any problem with highway noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
We do take pride in offering the best services and will take this opportunity to share your review with our staff. As a guest, your comments are welcomed and heeded; I realize that you have many choices in hotel accommodations, but I want you to know that here at Towneplace Suites Marriott we deeply value your business!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We came to San Antonio to attend a convention. Our friends stayed at the convention site at J.W. Marriott and paid twice as much money for their room. Their room was a step above but how much time do you actually spend in your room. We were given a free breakfast, complete kitchen in our room, and a snack at dinnertime. (Our friends had to pay extra for food). We were 10minutes from the river walk and minutes from an outlet mall and also another mall. The staff was very courteous and although we were minutes from the airport there was no problem with noise. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your positive view regarding your stay with us, we are pleased to hear everything went great during your visit. I will share your comments with my team so we can continue to provide a high level of satisfaction for our guests. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future if you are in the area
Bridge City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

My husband, myself and our two year old daughter spent two nights here checking in Thursday afternoon and checking out Saturday morning. We were greeted with kind informative staff who answered all our questions. The "social hour" where we were provided with a light dinner of macaroni salad, the best potato salad I think I've ever eaten, salad with a choice of ranch or Italian dressing, red and white wines and Shiner beer, was very filling. The breakfast buffet was more than enough. Scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, Texas-shaped waffles, a variety of yogurts, fruit, biscuits, a great selection of cereals was plenty for the three of us. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed to cook our dinner on the second night. This hotel couldn't have been in a better location! There is a Wal-Mart about a block away where we were able to do some grocery shopping and a Cracker Barrel across the street where we ate after checking out. (There were a lot more people at the breakfast buffet on Saturday morning than Friday so we opted to go to Cracker Barrel. We slept very well both nights as did my daughter! I already know where we will stay when we come back to San Antonio and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a moderately priced hotel that is very clean and doesn't just offer a couple muffins and cereal and call that breakfast! I've stayed in other hotels that were much more expensive with none of the perks. I felt like TownePlace Suites had the "above and beyond" attitude! I just can't say enough good things about this place! Very happy I chose to book here. (I had read previous reviews on tripadvisor about this hotel and I have to say they were very accurate!)

Room Tip: We were in room 301, third floor which was right off the stairs which are right by the guest doors a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Enrique G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2013