TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
All reviewssan antonio airportsmall kitchenthe looplight dinnerwaffle makerbiscuits and gravyfree dinnerquarry marketfull size refrigeratortexas shaped wafflesthe shuttle driveryogurtsized bedconvenient locationstayed one nightwould definitely stay here againdesk clerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2008

My wife, son, and I stayed one night at this Towneplace on a weekend getaway. It is new and in very good condition. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The pool is small but nice. Breakfast was fine - on par with what one would expect for this type of hotel.

The location is very good for the airport and Quarry Market. Highway construction made getting in a bit tricky, until we figured out the right way to get in and out. There are a some good restaurants close by. The highway runs right past the hotel, but we did not notice any traffic noise.

The hotel is about 15 minutes from Fiesta Texas (on Sunday morning and evening). This would not be the most convenient place for spending time at the Riverwalk or at SeaWorld.

Rooms come only with King bed and pull out sofa (no double bed rooms). This was fine for us, with only 3 people, but the pullout sofa would not be comfortable with two people teenaged or older.

Price of $159 seems a bit high for a Towneplace.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Just returned from a night at this hotel and it is a nice property. Everything looks new and clean. Rooms are nicely decorated with a gold accent wall, flat screen TV, and a small kitchenette that has a fridge, cooktop, microwave and dishwasher. And there's a nice little swimming pool. As new and clean as it is, I will say it was difficult for us to find. Not impossible. But with Mapquest directions printed out, we still ended up doubling back and looking really hard for it. Once we spotted it, we almost passed the entrance, which is just past the hotel. It is located near the airport at the intersection of several highways, and is almost directly underneath one of the flyovers from one of the highways. That being said I would stay here again for certain things. We were visiting relatives so we weren't looking for a place to vacation. If that's what you're after, I wouldn't choose this hotel. The view out of our window was a wall from another part of the hotel. I didn't mind too much on this trip, but it's not what I want to see if I'm staying for several days. And at 5 a.m., the place is like Grand Central Station. I thought the entire hotel must have been leaving between 5 and 7 a.m. (Such is the plight of an airport hotel) But for our purposes it was fine. Last year we stayed at the Residence Inn Marriott/Stone Oak up on the 1604 Loop, which is a less congested, quieter, prettier area of San Antonio (albeit farther away from the Riverwalk and not in an area where there seems to be much to do). But that hotel wasn't as nice as this one, so I think we made the right choice in moving to the TownePlace Suites this time. The breakfast is also pretty good, with eggs, sausage, toast, yogurt, Oatmeal, and cereals.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2008

Hotel is still new. It is very convenient to airport, the Quarry, North Star Mall. La Quinta is right next door.

The main complaints are design flaws. The bathroom door will not stay open and hits a person in the back when standing at the sink. The front doors are very loud when they shut. Saturday night and early Sunday morning the doors slammed open and shut. Late night crowd opened and shut doors up until about 2 am. The families' rooms started at 7 am. If you are looking for sleep on the weekends, you'll get about 5 hours at night.

Quiet is key for me when traveling. Some Marriotts are designed better than others. The Marriott Resort at Coral Springs, FL has the same problem.

The staff was excellent. The other reviews on this hotel are very accurate.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2008

Traveled with my husband and one other couple. We had two separate rooms that were both very clean and nicely furnished.

Each room had a small kitchen unit with refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishes. It even had a cork screw to open our bottle of wine. The living area had a desk with two chairs and a sofa sleeper. There was a flat screen TV that could be rotated to accommodate the king size bed or the living area. The large shower head and curved curtain rod gave a nice added touch to the shower/tub area.

The breakfast in the morning was great with sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits, fried potatoes, gravy, waffles shaped like the state of Texas etc... If you didn't want the breakfast located in the lobby, I saw you could also order breakfast supplies (eggs, bacon, sausage etc.) and make your own breakfast in your room.

Mon-Thur they have a light snack. The Monday night we were there they had chicken fingers, potato chips, wine and draft beer. The hotel has snack foods and some frozen items for sale. I saw frozen dinners, ice cream, chicken nuggets, hot pockets etc...

This is a non-smoking hotel. One of our party members smoked so; we got rooms located close to the stairwell/exit. There was a table, chair and ash tray located outside the door for her to use. The area is also covered from the rain.

Didn't get to use the pool area due to inclement weather but, it looked nice.

The lobby has two computers set-up with a printer. We used the computer to look up local attractions and print a map.

The hotel is located next to a lot of restaurants, shopping and easy access to the 410 loop.

The only negative thing I would have to say is the hotel is located on a one-way road under highway 410. There was some traffic noise from emergency vehicles during the night but wasn't awful. Once we learned the area, we found a back route to get in and out of the hotel to get around the one-way road.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2008

A quiet hidden place near the San Antonio airport. This Marriott property has only been open for five months and is extremely clean. They provided a courtesy shuttle to and from the airport and the rental car company. Hidden under the I-410 skyway, this motel has the friendliest staff members I have ever seen. The rooms were very large and clean and I enjoyed the HD-flat screen TV. Then, there is the hot, complete breakfast that is outstanding. We didn't have time to use the pool, but there is an excellent exercise room on the main floor. There are several computers in the lobby that customers can use, but there is also wireless Internet available in all the rooms. There is a Wal-Mart only a block or so from the motel and a large mall a half-mile away. If we come back to San Antonio, we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple