Staybridge Suites Downtown San Antonio Convention Center
Ranked #90 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Polk, Louisiana
“A long stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

A long stay at the Staybridge Suites San Antonio Sunset Station, was an amazing extended stay, after staying in places like Iraq or Afghanistan, I found the the entire staff was there to ensure a comfort stay. The two major staff members who went above and beyond we're Gable at the front desk and Roger who managed the social events Tuesday thru Thursday. Each of these men were doing a lot each day to ensure that every guest felt like they were at home! The housekeeping staff did a great job over the course of my stay...the ladies did the best despite the volume of rooms and cleaning that was needed and had to be completed each day. Special notice for ladies like Katrina who most days worked the upper floors with a high degree of success most days! Thank you Stabridge team you guys were awesome!

V/R Will G.

Room Tip: Get a suite as opposed to a loft!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Willie G
German O, Director of Operations at Staybridge Suites Downtown San Antonio Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Willie G.,

We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We here at the Staybridge Suites Downtown Convention Center, pride ourselves in the fact that we are able to cater to the men and women of our armed forces. We try to ensure all of our guests feel a sense of family while staying with us since we know you may be away from your own. Thank you for your service. We look forward to being able to host you in our hotel again if ever in San Antonio.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sugar Land
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here on an impromptu mini vacation with my daughter. Due to school activities she won't have much of a summer this year and I wanted her to have a few days of fun. The location of the hotel was centralized to the activities we had planned and not too far away from some of the other attractions in San Antonio. Our room (two double beds) was spacious enough for two people, the beds were a little small but since there was only one of us in each that wasn't an issue at all. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and they didn't even charge me for the glass I broke on accident. Having a kitchen area to cook in allowed us to save money on dining costs, a plus for me. We were very satisfied during our stay here! I don't have any complaints, I do however have one suggestion, the hotel may want to look into upgrading the laundry facility. They have only three washers & three dryers and most of the machines seemed to have an issue of some sort. The use of the machines was free and that was another plus for me, I have been to hotels where they cost $$ and it adds up. So again, I am not complaining. To sum it up, I would book here again and recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cindy P.,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. We are glad to heat that you were able to enjoy the hotel and the city while you were away from home. We look forward to being able to host you and your family again in the future when in San Antonio.
Hamilton, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at this property while attending a function at the nearby convention centre. The property is clean and tidy. Although the specific room type I had requested was not available the room I was assigned was quiet and noise was not an issue. The suites are well appointed and quite comfortable. I would suggest that vacuuming be done daily which did not appear the case with my room. The buffet breakfast was good with lots of available tables. The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The walk to the convention centre takes about 10 minutes. Yes you do have to go through the underpass but there were no issues and it is well lit in the evening. I would recommend this property when staying in the downtown San Antonio area. And don't forget to take a walk around the historic Sunset Station which right across the street.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
German O, Director of Operations at Staybridge Suites Downtown San Antonio Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
NorthernGuy13,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us. We greately appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay while staying with us. We look forward to serving you again when in San Antonio.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were in San Antonio for a conference and stayed here and we are certainly glad we did! This is a beautiful facility in a very attractive neighborhood. The suite was roomy and comfortable and contained every amenity we could have ever needed. The staff were some of the friendliest and most helpful I have ever encountered. The breakfast was top notch, a great variety and very tasty. The evening social/happy our was a very nice surprise, we made this our evening meal two of the nights we were there. It is a short 10 minute walk from the River walk so it will be our go-to for San Antonio visits from now on!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Edward M.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear we are now your choice hotel when traveling to San Antonio. It is our mission to ensure you receive the best hospitality experience possible while staying with us in order to keep your loyalty. We look forward to serving you again while in San Antonio.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

From the front desk worker named Gabe, to the food workers Rodger and Vivian, and to all the housekeepers; they we're absolutely amazing. I as one of the US Army Soldiers who have stayed in this suite for 6 months have made my stay a worthwhile, fun, and enjoyable. Once I get off from work, I either get a greet with a smile or a conversation which would brighten up my day. This hotel had become my second home and will definitely come back and stay. Free hot breakfast every morning, free dinner from Tues- Thurs. I have no complaints.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Rachelle,

Let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to give us your feedback of your most recent stay with us. It is our goal to ensure all of our guests feel at home while staying with us and have a hotel family to come home to while away from your own. It gives us great pleasure to hear of your ease and comfort while staying with us. It is stories like this that make our jobs worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay in San Antonio and the staff at Staybridge made the stay even better! From the first day, the staff made us feel welcome, they were so friendly and inviting. The hotel is not in the center of downtown, but a very short walk to the convention center, riverwalk and the Alamo (all the hotspots). Our room was clean, comfortable and it really felt like home. I would also like to thank specific staff members, Vivian and Roger, who really were extremely friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nrao001
Nrao001,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while away from home. It is our mission to try and ease all of our guests travels as much as possible. We look forward to serving you again when in the San Antonio area.
San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed Fiesta weekend. Had the best stay from checkin to check out. Check in was smooth and fast considering the girls in my party checked in a various times. The room was as excepted. Tv remote didnot work may have been user error, but we called and someone came up right away.Despite Fiesta and a carnival next door the room was very quite. First night was 2, the 2nd day the 3 person arrived. We needed clean sheets on one bed. We found Catherine in the hall, explained, she dropped what she was doing came to the room and changed the sheets, gave us clean towels, and supplies,even sprayed frebreeze, so that our room would be fresh for the other person. When our friend arrived we saw her in the hall she asked if every thing was okay and did we need anything. The kitchen had everthing, even a cork screw. Morning breakfast was great, waffles,sausage juice cereal,fruit etc. The staff was very nice and helpful. Keeping the area clean and tables clean. The location was perfect. Walking distance to town, but yet away from the craziness. The hotel is a typical hotel, it was the staff that made this stay perfect. Would recommend to everyone. As an independent travel rep and coordinator I will definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
German O, Director of Operations at Staybridge Suites Downtown San Antonio Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear SanAntonioSoccer,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your Fiesta weekend. Through all the Fiesta festivities going on I am glad we were able to provide you with courteous staff and comfortable suite. We hope that when planning your next Fiesta stay you keep us in mind and return to the Staybridge Suites Downtown Convention Center.