“Very quiet and Nice”

Ranked #128 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Clearwater Beach,FL
“Very quiet and Nice”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel has spacious rooms and is a great place to stay. I was amazed at how quiet it was. The breakfast is excellent. The eggs have ham and cheese in them and sausage is also available. It is one of the nicest places I have stayed in recently and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Stewart A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I chose this property due to its proximity to Fort Sam Houston and due to the reviews here. I spent one night and was very satisfied. My son is in corpsman school at Ft. Sam Houston and this hotel provided a close place to spend the night while visiting him. The room and facilities were clean and well cared for, and seem to be new. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The price was much better than other places I had considered. There is a Cracker Barrel nearby, and several fast food places. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank markgos
BW44586, General Manager at Best Western Windsor Pointe Hotel & Suites-At&T Center, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We strive to make each and every guest experience memorable.
Lancaster
Reviewed 3 February 2014

100% would stay at this hotel...Even with the freeway right there the rooms are very sound proof.Barely could hear anything from the freeway..Would recommend this to anyone who is staying in the area..Short distance to Nascar Racetrack..

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

S. Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Except for the morning I departed, front desk staff were warm bodies more than anything else. No replies to my extending a Hello, Good afternoon etc. Was traveling with a family member who stayed in the room while I was out and about on business. Housekeeping arrived, she vacated the room and when she (and when I later returned that day), beds were barely made, and no new towels were replenished. I saw the breakfast area when I first arrived, but wasn't given any more info on it. I just booked this hotel as the business trip came up out of the blue, and until I took the post stay survey, had no idea there was fitness room. Maybe the front desk staff were shy? But apparently they were very busy doing something on the computer. Maybe it was something relating to guests? But given the huge parking lot was never more than 1%-2% full during the entire time I stayed there, that idea is suspect. The morning of my departure was the only highlight to my stay regarding BW staff. She was courteous, friendly, offered a morning greeting and wished me a great day. This employee saved this review from being worse than it could have been.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank JAG731
I sincerely apologize for the poor customer service. Please believe that I will be addressing my entire staff. I will be setting new protocols and procedures in place. I can assure you that these issues will be resolved promptly. I thank you for sharing your experience and enabling me to make further improvements at my establishment.
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Was leery after some of the ratings I read on tripadvisor. The room was very clean and apparently recently renovated. Nice and clean. Complaints-noticed the sheets were not being changed and when I mentioned it to the front desk man he asked WHY I wanted them changed...seriously. He asked if I changed my sheets at home every night and I told him no, and that I also did not pay $100 to sleep in my bed every night.Unreal. He said he would make sure they got changed and he did, but told me the policy was that they were only changed when you LEFT! Also, there was no outside lighting, and as we returned from our touring at night, that was a bit worrisome. Would not stay in that part of town again, lots and lots of homeless people everywhere . The breakfast was good, but is appeared APPEARED that several homeless people were eating at breakfast...kind of disconcerting. The beds will give you swayback.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

College Station, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Pretty good hotel. New building. Conveniently located, close to highway. I didn't see a railway track but heard the train at night. Also there was some construction noise. But apart from that, the hotel is very nice. They should point out that it is a new building. Ample parking space. Cameras monitoring the parking. Felt secure. A number of fast-food places nearby. Bed not too comfortable. Breakfast items limited. Bacon in scrambled eggs is probably convenient for most guests but not for vegetarians. Not enough options.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank JavaMan007
Alice, Texas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here while watching hockey. Checked in late and check in was easy. My room had a queen size bed which was very comfortable. Room was very quiet and had a very generous size tv,and fridge, microwave,etc. Great place to stay and at a very nice price too. Staff was very friendly. I would stay here again. Also the card key for the room was some kind of RFID card, never seen that before.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor. Loved it.