This is a good choice if staying in San Antonio and you are looking to save a few bucks. Staying here is much cheaper than the downtown hotels and it’s not far from the Alamo or the River Walk either. We stayed here twice on our vacation: once when arriving in San Antonio and the night before we flew home.
The first time around, we arrived in the late afternoon and were checked-in quickly. The hotel has two floors but there is no elevator. This was bad news as I was still recovering from knee surgery and carrying heavy bags up the stairs was not what the doctor had advised. I told the front desk this but was advised that there were no rooms available on the first floor. However, the lady at the front desk said she understood my issue and would send someone to assist. This person never showed up. Luckily, a fellow guest saw my predicament and helped me out.
Our rooms were fine but lacked a microwave and a refrigerator. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were in good condition and were kept very clean. The hallway the second floor was roasting on both stays and the A/C units on either end of the hallway were not working properly.
The breakfast here was very good on both stays. A nice lady cooks eggs and omelets made to order. There was also sausage and bacon as well. The only criticism is that they do not restock once items are gone. It appears they limit the amount of food that is available for each breakfast that is made. Also, omelet ingredients, except for cheese, were not restocked if they ran out. There was also biscuits with sausage gravy and the usual breads and Danishes. Your best bet is to get to breakfast early before they start running out of things.
There is a pool here that is great and is perfect for children as well as adults. The temperature was in the 100’s so the pool provided a nice relief from the heat.
There is no lounge or restaurant here so you are on your own for dinner. There is an Applebee’s a short walk away which is very good and a 24-7 Wal-Mart as well. There are tons of places to choose from in the area if you have a car.
Upon check-out after our first stay, I requested a first floor room due to the issue of my knee and the lack of an elevator since we were coming back. A note of this was made in my reservation. However, when we arrived the following weekend, no first floor rooms were available. This time around, a staff member was around to assist.
They have an airport shuttle which we used going home. This was fine. However, it serves a few hotels other than this one so its best to be downstairs with your bags with time to spare just in case the shuttle is busy.
Overall, two good stays despite the minor issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport! Our San Antonio hotel is less than a mile from the Quarry Market and near North Star Mall, so it's easy for guests to pick up everything they need. We're just eight miles north of downtown San Antonio, the Riverwalk and Alamo. The Quarry Market, an outdoor shopping center, is walkable and a must for all visitors. Our San Antonio hotel is also less than a mile from the airport, so it's simple to get to the San Antonio International Airport for those early morning flights. The BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport in San Antonio is committed to making your stay as enjoyable as possible. Spend the day shopping at the North Star Mall, or take the family to the San Antonio Zoo. The nearby Japanese Tea Garden is a real treat, and guests at our BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport hotel have no shortage of things to do and see. Business travelers who stay at BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport include employees of Kraft, Whataburger(R) Corporate, and service men and women with the Fort Sam Houston Army Base. Enjoy luxurious bedding and the best in southern hospitality at our San Antonio hotel. Rooms are spacious, cool and quiet so business travelers can easily take care of work and leave plenty of time for sightseeing. The Witte Museum is a mecca of dinosaur statues perfect for a family trip. Head over to the local Six Flags(R) Fiesta Texas for an adrenaline rush, just 10 miles away. Our San Antonio hotel is just 14 miles from SeaWorld(R) Adventure Park where families can swim with dolphins, get up close with a variety of sea creatures and try out a thrilling water ride or two. If you'd like recommendations on activities, just ask one of our friendly staff members. We always go above and beyond to make sure your stay is as relaxing (or exciting) as you want it to be. How can we help make your trip even better? Book a stay at BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport and get ready for a memorable vacation like no other! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Posada Ana Inn-Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Best Western San Antonio
- San Antonio Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport San Antonio, Texas