“A few issues but fine overall”

BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport
Ranked #62 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“A few issues but fine overall”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This is a good choice if staying in San Antonio and you are looking to save a few bucks. Staying here is much cheaper than the downtown hotels and it’s not far from the Alamo or the River Walk either. We stayed here twice on our vacation: once when arriving in San Antonio and the night before we flew home.

The first time around, we arrived in the late afternoon and were checked-in quickly. The hotel has two floors but there is no elevator. This was bad news as I was still recovering from knee surgery and carrying heavy bags up the stairs was not what the doctor had advised. I told the front desk this but was advised that there were no rooms available on the first floor. However, the lady at the front desk said she understood my issue and would send someone to assist. This person never showed up. Luckily, a fellow guest saw my predicament and helped me out.

Our rooms were fine but lacked a microwave and a refrigerator. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were in good condition and were kept very clean. The hallway the second floor was roasting on both stays and the A/C units on either end of the hallway were not working properly.

The breakfast here was very good on both stays. A nice lady cooks eggs and omelets made to order. There was also sausage and bacon as well. The only criticism is that they do not restock once items are gone. It appears they limit the amount of food that is available for each breakfast that is made. Also, omelet ingredients, except for cheese, were not restocked if they ran out. There was also biscuits with sausage gravy and the usual breads and Danishes. Your best bet is to get to breakfast early before they start running out of things.

There is a pool here that is great and is perfect for children as well as adults. The temperature was in the 100’s so the pool provided a nice relief from the heat.

There is no lounge or restaurant here so you are on your own for dinner. There is an Applebee’s a short walk away which is very good and a 24-7 Wal-Mart as well. There are tons of places to choose from in the area if you have a car.

Upon check-out after our first stay, I requested a first floor room due to the issue of my knee and the lack of an elevator since we were coming back. A note of this was made in my reservation. However, when we arrived the following weekend, no first floor rooms were available. This time around, a staff member was around to assist.

They have an airport shuttle which we used going home. This was fine. However, it serves a few hotels other than this one so its best to be downstairs with your bags with time to spare just in case the shuttle is busy.

Overall, two good stays despite the minor issues.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank timman19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Greenland NH
Reviewed 5 March 2011

This hotel was one of the nicest we have stayed in. 15 minutes from the middle of town, close to the airport(no noise) and close to many parks in this area of town. The made to order breakfast was great and a nice change from the continental ones. The room was large and comfortable. Walmart is within seeing and walking distance if you need anything. Fire dept. across street but didn't have a problem. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Prayingpam
Kamloops, Bc
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Spent a week at the Hotel while in San Antonio on vacation. The staff were excellent and very service oriented. Daily breakfast was made to order (nice touch by the way) and friendly staff.

This hotel has a great location for getting around San Antonio. didn't even hear airplanes at night. Only took 15 minutes to get downtown.

Would definitely recommend hotel to visitors to San Antonio

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Tim R
texas
Reviewed 26 November 2010

This is our third time to stay at this hotel and we were satisfied as usual.The room was large and spotless.The beds were comfortable.The staff was very helpful.I would especially like to thank Pierre, the assistant general manager, who personally carried my juice and coffee into my room for me when he saw I was unable to open the door to our room because my hands were full. The breakfast was good, with eggs and omelets to order.There were also four kinds of cereal, muffins, donuts, toast, bacon, sausage,biscuits and gravy. And of course juice and coffee. This hotel is a very good value for the money spent. The only complaint is that the towels could use some fabric softener.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angleTexas
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Nightmare!!!!! Due to the fact I was hauling a wood chipper with my Suburban I thought I would spend the night at what I thought would be a safe place to stay...Best Western Posada Ana Inn - Airport. This is where my nightmare begins. To my astonishing surprise, next morning my suburban, wood chipper and personal belongings where stolen from the hotel's rear parking lot. Pierre McCombs, manager of the this particular hotel, was uncooperative, rude and did not offer any resolution to my problem. At my request the police was called to file a police report. I asked Mr. McCombs to see the surveillance tapes and to my surprise, he said they don't have surveillance cameras!!!!! Does this sound like an inside job to you??????? He also told me my room was up at 11:00 am and that I needed to leave or otherwise pay him an additional day. Never mind the inconveniences that my suburban was just stolen from their hotel parking lot. To bad so sad your suburban, wood chipper and personal belongings were stolen from our hotel parking lot which only has one exit/entrance but no body saw anything and we don't have any surveillance tape to show you. It was not until I called the "800" number that Tiara spoke to Mr. McCombs that he changed his story saying he was just filing a claim with the hotel insurance. Something he forgot to mention to me and that they would offer me a DISCOUNTED ROOM. Talk about customer service. Customer service was not any more sympathetic; they told me there was nothing they can do that if Mr. McCombs did not offer me a free night it was out of their hands. It's like telling me we don't care what happened to you in our hotel, that I am stranded coming from CA and I am in TX - figure it out yourself we don't care what happens to you. What kind of business is Best Western performing where thieves can come in and out and steal what they want? I was just there for a few hours. Went to bed at 9:00 pm and at 4:30 am my suburban was gone!!! I would never recommend this place to anyone who knows what may happen to you. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank n_mare
Plano, TX, USA
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This hotel is an excellent experience for anyone needing accomodations near Loop 410 North/West and SA airport. Rooms are clean, beds are great, housekeeping is excellent, front desk and reservations people are great, and they have discounts for AAA or AARP. An excellent value for the price in this area of San Antonio!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank TCregular
port aransas tx
Reviewed 25 July 2010

The staff at this hotel were so kind and helpful. Anything I needed was taken care of! The breakfast was great and the rooms were so clean. I was very impressed. I stayed with family and my husband and nobody had a single complaint, which is hard to come by! I would recommend this hotel to anyone for either leisure or business purposes!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple