“Pros and Cons”

Ranked #64 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
AUSTIN
“Pros and Cons”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Loved it and hated it. The AC was on in our room when we arrived on a very hot day. Loved it. Found out that the thermostat was defective at 1 AM when the temp dropped to 54 degrees though I had it set at 70. Hated it. The TV didn't work. Hated it. They fixed it right away. Loved it. Room was fine, clean, everything worked. Loved it. Not the room I had requested (handicapped). Hated it. Nice pool, good breakfast (cooked to order). Loved it.

In all... bad maintenence, so-so management. Good hotel otherwise. Nice breakfast.

Room Tip: A first floor room at the pool end has an outside door and parking nearby and immediate access to th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The only thing I can say about this hotel is that the people that works there are very friendly.... They enjoy their job completely.. They are really helpful in every possible way. My mother and I stayed there for almost a week and whatever we needed they were there to help us.
The breakfast was fantastic... you had all the options available.. for example, the eggs could be done scrambled, omelet and sunny side up or however you wanted your eggs with the available ingredients they had. You could choose from bacon, sausage, wheat or white bread, three different types of bagels, cream cheese, jelly, butter, oatmeal and etc..... As what I have traveled so far... this had been the best continental breakfast!!!!! THUMBS UP for this hotel!!!

Northwest Indiana
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband & I booked this room for last Friday night because our flight was arriving at 10 PM and we figured that we would get up early to go to the BW at Sunset (which is way better!) The shuttle picked us up about 10:30 and check in was easy. We asked the night clerk if there was somewhere we could get a quick bite to eat and she told us that the Applebee's closed at 11 and the Logan Roadhouse closed at 1 am. Each were two blocks away so we just walked to Logan's (which actually closed at 11)
Anyway, the room was average size, the bathroom and room could have been cleaner. We didn't get the best night sleep there so we were glad it was only for one night.
Now the breakfast...eggs made to order, juice, bread, fruit. It was ok, but it was quite busy on Saturday morning so they should have two people working the grill instead of just that one poor girl. Now this is not the fault of the hotel but PEOPLE...why do you think it's ok to fill up 4, yes I said 4 plates of food and then try to wrap three of the plates to take with you each. Now these three pigs, I mean people took all the bacon, sausage, biscuits fruit and everything else leaving nothing for the long line behind them. So I asked the girl if I could get some bacon, I was told that to would have to be a few minutes because she was the only one there. So we ended up just getting a yogurt and juice and leaving and getting breakfast elsewhere . But you know what? Even though it says it comes with a free breakfast, you & I both know that the price of that meal is included in the price of the room.
I was glad I only stayed here one night I know I would have checked out and gone somewhere else for the rest of my trip.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mexicangirl2
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Staff was fantastic, very polite and accommadated any request promptly. When they said a full breakfast, that's exactly what you get. Omelets cooked to order, all the side items, sausage, bacon, gravy and more were always fresh. We ate early on some days and later on other days and still fresh, very impressed. Everything was very clean throughout the hotel, rooms, hallways, lobby and the outside grounds. It was nice to sit poolside at night, quiet area, very relaxing. Walmart located about 2 minutes away, that was convenient. We flew in from Nashville, TN and we were a little unsure because we did not know the area, but it did not take long to realize we had chosen a great place to stay for 5 days. I wish I would have gotten her name, but the day Hotel Manager was so nice and friendly. There always seemed to be fresh coffe made in the lobby, I am a big coffee drinker, so I was very impressed.

1 Thank Candy C
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed four days at this hotel, it has a bad smell, and they have problems with roaches. The maids don't vacuum correctly because I picked up the skirt of the bed and I saw some dead roaches. I keep looking around the bed and saw that they had "roach traps" with a lot of insects on it. The staff was nice except for the cook. Even though breakfast was included for the price, she would get really ugly and moody if you wouldn't leave her a tip. She would let you know that you have to leave a tip by her attitude. I would not recommend this hotel especially if you have small children.

3 Thank Lola T
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for a month while I was working in town on business. The manager is very friendly and helpful and the full hot breakfast is a great plus. It is by no means a luxury hotel, but the rooms are clean and recently updated and the property is kept clean and updated. For the price, the amenities and location it couldnt get any better. Thanks

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank avt_12
Phoenix
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My husband and I arrived at this hotel at 1 AM (thanks to Southwest Airlines tardiness) and we were greeted by the most helpful, welcoming employee-Richard. He had us checked in...didn't have to wait al all...just received our keyes and into our room. He was AWESOME!!!! Then we went to the breakfast the next day....for a FREE hotel breakfast---it was very good. We stayed at the Springhill Hill Suites in SA 8 weeks ago (for our son's graduation from Lackland AFB) and this hotel won the food catagory hands down.....well set up, clean and a great variety of choices. Well done Posasa Ana Inn! Next time in SA--you'll have our business.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple