BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport
US$197
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$136
  • Restaurant
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$273
  • Pool
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$162
Omni Hotels
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno elevatormade to order breakfastbreakfast tacosshuttle servicefloor roomshort driverental carsan antonio areaa great place to stayeasy accesswalmartfreewayshampootexas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We got this room very last minute when we needed a room for one night at the end of our trip. The hotel was a great value $89. The lobby and rooms were clean and looked nice, beds were comfortable, ac worked well. One downside is no elevators, for me it was not a problem but for some it might be difficult to carry their suitcases upstairs. Also when we got to our room there was a card that said police alert, not what you want to see, and it said beware of vehicle break ins which are on the rise in the area. As far as the free breakfast it was just alright not my favorite compared yo other free breakfasts I have gotten at other Best Westerns or other hotels. You can only go through the line for hot items one time and you are told how much you can have. You get two eggs scrambled or as an omlete with fillings, then you get to choose two of the following: potatoes, sausage, biscuit, or one piece of french toast. Say for example you have an compete with sausage then as your side you want sausage and you ask them to mix that sausage into your omlete they will say no. And the lady cooking who was probably part of house keeping, not a cook, was very rude.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

If you are looking for a peaceful, and quaint hotel in San Antonio, close to airport and downtown, this is for you. The exterior looks like a patio hotel, the pool is great, and the service and breakfast were great. I will stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Very clean, professionalism and excellent service. Rooms and AC working perfectly, amazing breakfast every morning. Special Thanks to Jeannie for her performance and take care of everything we need during our stay.

Room Tip: Location, spacious rooms and A/C unit great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 9 July 2013

They were on the way to a rating of "3" when I showed up at breakfast and requested a cheese omelet and two pieces of sausage. And the breakfast chef told me in no uncertain terms: "No!" It seems you are only allowed one piece of sausage.

Now this seems pretty stingy to me, especially since I cannot eat anything else. You see I'm on the Atkins diet, and while they had a lot of other things on display (sweet rolls, donuts, waffles, cereals, bagels, etc.) I can't eat any of them. I chose this hotel because they advertised a "complimentary custom-made breakfast featuring omelets, sausage, bacon...." and so on.

Their competitors simply put the eggs, sausages, bacon and other items out in trays and one can take whatever one wishes. But here the sausage Nazi limits hotel guests to single small piece. This was embarrassing. I felt like I was in camp, or maybe even prison. Certainly not in a hotel where I had just paid $135 for a night's lodging.

Speaking of which... I had requested a room near the elevator, or failing that with an outside entrance, or failing that, near the front entrance, because I am handicapped. That request was not noticed or acknowledged. Turns out there is no elevator, no outside entrance rooms, and no rooms available near the front entrance. But as luck would have it, there was a handicapped room available... not what I wanted or needed, but it was on the first floor, and it was the only one left that didn't require me to walk up a flight of stairs, so I took it.

So why am I giving them a "2?" Why not a "0?" Because the rest of the stay was OK. The sausage Nazi and the reservation clerk aside, the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, the AC worked, and the bathroom was clean.

Would I stay here again? Not likely.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank JONATHON L
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was able to secure a room here on short notice after experiencing unacceptable conditions at the Holiday Inn Market Square. Unlike our experience there, this facility was amazing - and cost less too! The cleanliness of the room and the attentiveness of the staff surpassed all expectations. The hot breakfast cooked to order was over the top, and the cook was a real "people person." Would recommend. It is close to the airport and it's a bit awkward getting to downtown, but that is the only downside.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business