“NEVER AGAIN!! Blood stained sheets.”

BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport
Ranked #54 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
kferrell1
“NEVER AGAIN!! Blood stained sheets.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here July 4, 2014 after reading pretty good reviews. Checked in late evening. Had no problems getting a parking space and check in was easy. That was where everything stopped being easy and wonderful and our miserable stay begun.

There is no elevator here and although we had made reservations, the hotel was sold out. We got the only room left, which was on the 2nd floor. Carried our luggage up a flight of stairs and over a dead roach.

Got to the room and it was musty smelling; the carpet was wet. Found a dry place to set the luggage and turned on the AC. The compressor was bad in the AC- it kept making loud awful noises. We had been at the water park all day and was tired, so I just ignored it and went to sit on the bed, Noticed blood stains on the bedspread. Pulled the sheets back and noticed small blood stains on the 2nd bed.

I paid $113 for this room and by now I was tired and upset. On my way down to the front desk, I stopped at the laundry room to wash our towels. Washer is $1.50 and dryer is $1.25. Soap is (Fab powder brand) $1.00. No change machine in here.

Went to front desk asking for change and got some but then told them about our beds. Was told they had no other rooms and they could come change the sheets, but it would take about 15 mins as there was only 1 person working at this time.

I said ok to changing the sheets and went to put my laundry in. Put my money in the soap machine and it took my money. No soap came out. Went back to front desk to get soap and back to the laundry machine.

Went back up to room and sat waiting for awhile. At this point, I just wanted a shower and to go to bed, so I went to front desk and asked for sheets to change the bed myself. They said they didn't have enough clean sheets, pillow cases or extra blankets to give because the hotel is sold out, so they gave me what they had and we had to just make do. Then I was told that they do not change the bedspreads after every customer, they only change them weekly. GROSS!!!

Front desk apologized and said they would credit my bill by half. I waited 1 week and never received the credit from them. I had to call back and a manager is never there when you need one. This time, they said they would do the credit and did call me back after about 20 mins to tell me that it was done. 1 week later!!!

Also, breakfast is cooked to order and you are given coupons to redeem to get breakfast. If you don't have a coupon, you have to pay $5.00 and it is cooked to order which means there is nothing out there to grab if you are leaving before 7 AM and it is a long wait to get your breakfast if you are staying to eat it. We left early so I have no idea what was on breakfast menu or how it tasted and I am a little ticked that we paid to be able to something and weren't able to get anything.

Also, there were signs in the room stating that auto break ins were on the rise in the area and to protect your belongings. This is common sense everywhere, but uncomforting to see when you are checking in somewhere.

Only positive thing from this hotel is it is across highway from airport. There is a Walmart right behind it with a gas station. Easy off and on highway via a small side street.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kferrell1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great staff. Great price. Very good hotel. Excellent breakfast. Not the newest or most upscale hotel, but very nice and the price cannot be beat. Just beware for those with mobility issues - no elevator.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank HoustonFamily5
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel was very nice and clean. The only negaitve about this hotel is that there is no elevator. With athat being said, I was traveling with elderly parents and we were given a 2nd floor room. Vanessa kindly switched us to a 1st floor room with no hassle whatsoever. Jeanie was very nice and helpful as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Joel at the front desk refused to call the airport shuttle when asked. He waited 10 min then called and told me it would be a 10-15 min wait! He made me Kate for check in and only sweet talking kept me from missing my flight.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Robhugal
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was there 1 night June 24/ 14, 1 st floor room 117 (Pablo), I had browsed and called previously almost all the Wuzbach St hotels close to the San Antonio Med Center, this was the one had the BEST reviews and former guests recommendations (84 %) a very good one compared with lousy 40 % or bellow others. Fact is I did understand there why.: 1A location, lighted secure parking area, chip cards to open rooms and enter the Hotel, completely secure, very High Internet, free, big nice rooms and bathrooms, 100 cable TV Chanel, coin Laundry machines, comfortable clean beds, excellent breakfast hot buffet, business center with printers, Gym, Ice/vending machines,swimming pool , closets in rooms, frig/Micro etc, BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE : Superb very good friendly service at front desk (Jose, Brendan the manager, Laura, ALL of them) . PRICES ARE VERY GOOD, MEANING A GREAT DEAL FOR WHAT YOU PAY, can not beat. I booked a 1 month stay rate for a Medical Rotation -July to August-, at UT Oncology Research Center there at the Medical Center (just blocks away) . You get a very good location in this Hotel, a Mediterranean Buffet, 1 block away, 2 Hindu 1A restaurants, HEB 1 block away, all McDonald/Wataburher/Pizza/Taco places 1 block plus variety BBQ,Chinese,American etc cuisine , and a very good HOOTERS place blocks away, plus several Night Clubs also. Very safe area to walk your dog, as I did, very friendly people around, beautiful SanAnton young ladies at MedCenter Areas, I ended LOVING San Anton, the Hotel, the Area, the Medical Center. STRONGLY RECOMEND man, yu ll enjoy by sure .

Room Tip: Request a first floor room , this are the closest to the Front desk, no elevator needed, Business ce...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
wylie, texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were there for 3 nights. Toilet kept running the first night, told the front desk and after we got back from a full day of activity found it was now totally broken. Moved to another room and after again unpacking found that the air conditioner didn't work. Moved a second time and all was ok. They did adjust our charges by $30.00. I would have preferred queen beds and a refrigerator would have been nice. I agree that we heard a lot of sirens during the night. Now to the good points. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was very good. We did not use the outdoor pool,but it looked very clean. That being said I think I would spend a little more for a little more modern hotel next time.

Room Tip: Check all systems (plumbing,air conditioner etc) before you unpack. No elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Shady Shores, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel is in a good central location for working the San Antonio market. They cook breakfast for you in the hotel. It is a older hotel but is well kept up. The workers there are very helpful. I have stayed in this hotel off and on for several years.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business