Stayed here July 4, 2014 after reading pretty good reviews. Checked in late evening. Had no problems getting a parking space and check in was easy. That was where everything stopped being easy and wonderful and our miserable stay begun.
There is no elevator here and although we had made reservations, the hotel was sold out. We got the only room left, which was on the 2nd floor. Carried our luggage up a flight of stairs and over a dead roach.
Got to the room and it was musty smelling; the carpet was wet. Found a dry place to set the luggage and turned on the AC. The compressor was bad in the AC- it kept making loud awful noises. We had been at the water park all day and was tired, so I just ignored it and went to sit on the bed, Noticed blood stains on the bedspread. Pulled the sheets back and noticed small blood stains on the 2nd bed.
I paid $113 for this room and by now I was tired and upset. On my way down to the front desk, I stopped at the laundry room to wash our towels. Washer is $1.50 and dryer is $1.25. Soap is (Fab powder brand) $1.00. No change machine in here.
Went to front desk asking for change and got some but then told them about our beds. Was told they had no other rooms and they could come change the sheets, but it would take about 15 mins as there was only 1 person working at this time.
I said ok to changing the sheets and went to put my laundry in. Put my money in the soap machine and it took my money. No soap came out. Went back to front desk to get soap and back to the laundry machine.
Went back up to room and sat waiting for awhile. At this point, I just wanted a shower and to go to bed, so I went to front desk and asked for sheets to change the bed myself. They said they didn't have enough clean sheets, pillow cases or extra blankets to give because the hotel is sold out, so they gave me what they had and we had to just make do. Then I was told that they do not change the bedspreads after every customer, they only change them weekly. GROSS!!!
Front desk apologized and said they would credit my bill by half. I waited 1 week and never received the credit from them. I had to call back and a manager is never there when you need one. This time, they said they would do the credit and did call me back after about 20 mins to tell me that it was done. 1 week later!!!
Also, breakfast is cooked to order and you are given coupons to redeem to get breakfast. If you don't have a coupon, you have to pay $5.00 and it is cooked to order which means there is nothing out there to grab if you are leaving before 7 AM and it is a long wait to get your breakfast if you are staying to eat it. We left early so I have no idea what was on breakfast menu or how it tasted and I am a little ticked that we paid to be able to something and weren't able to get anything.
Also, there were signs in the room stating that auto break ins were on the rise in the area and to protect your belongings. This is common sense everywhere, but uncomforting to see when you are checking in somewhere.
Only positive thing from this hotel is it is across highway from airport. There is a Walmart right behind it with a gas station. Easy off and on highway via a small side street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport! Our San Antonio hotel is less than a mile from the Quarry Market and near North Star Mall, so it's easy for guests to pick up everything they need. We're just eight miles north of downtown San Antonio, the Riverwalk and Alamo. The Quarry Market, an outdoor shopping center, is walkable and a must for all visitors. Our San Antonio hotel is also less than a mile from the airport, so it's simple to get to the San Antonio International Airport for those early morning flights. The BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport in San Antonio is committed to making your stay as enjoyable as possible. Spend the day shopping at the North Star Mall, or take the family to the San Antonio Zoo. The nearby Japanese Tea Garden is a real treat, and guests at our BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport hotel have no shortage of things to do and see. Business travelers who stay at BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport include employees of Kraft, Whataburger(R) Corporate, and service men and women with the Fort Sam Houston Army Base. Enjoy luxurious bedding and the best in southern hospitality at our San Antonio hotel. Rooms are spacious, cool and quiet so business travelers can easily take care of work and leave plenty of time for sightseeing. The Witte Museum is a mecca of dinosaur statues perfect for a family trip. Head over to the local Six Flags(R) Fiesta Texas for an adrenaline rush, just 10 miles away. Our San Antonio hotel is just 14 miles from SeaWorld(R) Adventure Park where families can swim with dolphins, get up close with a variety of sea creatures and try out a thrilling water ride or two. If you'd like recommendations on activities, just ask one of our friendly staff members. We always go above and beyond to make sure your stay is as relaxing (or exciting) as you want it to be. How can we help make your trip even better? Book a stay at BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport and get ready for a memorable vacation like no other! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Posada Ana Inn-Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Best Western San Antonio
- San Antonio Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Posada Ana Inn-Airport San Antonio, Texas