“Consistently AMAZING!!!”

Silo Restaurant - 1604
Reserve with OpenTable
Silo Restaurant - 1604 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 4,671 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Far North Central
Cross street: Blanco/1604
Description: Join us at 434 North Loop 1604 West in San Antonio for a fine dining experience you’re sure to enjoy. Our world-class cuisine includes fresh seafood and the best steak dinner in town. Don’t take our word for it, read some reviews and see what people are saying about us. We look forward to seeing you, your friends, and family for a night out that you won’t forget. We are proud to offer a fine dining menu that is sure to please everyone. If you are looking for a little romance, our restaurant has the perfect ambiance for any date or celebration. Since 2010, we have been listed as one of OpenTable’s Top American U.S. restaurants and rated as one of Zagat’s Top Local Picks. If that isn’t enough to get you in the door, just wait until you taste food that will tantalize all your senses. Give us a call and reserve a table to make sure you are not left out of the culinary experience of your life. Our atmosphere is casual yet elegant so you can enjoy one of a kind food while being comfortable and relaxed. This holiday season, treat your guests to creative, world-class cuisine served with meticulous attention to detail. Silo 1604 offers a range of special event rooms, bar areas and lounges. Our staff can assist you in choosing what is best to fit your specific needs. With our ability to accommodate up to one hundred guests, whether you are planning a business meeting, luncheon, cocktail party, reception or special occasion, this is a fine dining experience you will be back for time and time again.
“Consistently AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Silo (either location) is always an incredible experience! Be sure you allow ample time to savor every second of your dining event. The ambience is romantic, upscale, but never stuffy. Dress accordingly, though. Let's keep it classy, SA! A few of my favorites...the spinach salad. LOVE the crispy brie! Seared yellowfin tuna and crispy duck springrolls....OMG. The beef tenderloin....please don't talk to me if you bump into me at Silo and I'm eating the beef tenderloin. I will ignore you. I'm not being rude. I just can't bring myself to disrespect the beef tenderloin by diverting my sensory experience away from eating to focus on listening and talking. The desserts: ALL DELICIOUS, but you must try the decadent dark chocolate souffle. Order this one at the beginning of the meal as it takes a while to prepare. Addictive and so satisfying. Go. You'll love it. You're welcome.

• Visited June 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Five Stars Aren't Enough”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I take back all the five star reviews I ever wrote. They can’t compare to my experience at Silo. I would give it six stars if I could. Or seven. On of the things I don't like about Trip Advisor is the question, "Is this one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant?" That's far too broad. Obnoxious, even. I never answer it. But tonight I did. I checked "Yes."

It was one of those meals in which every few minutes you say, “This is spectacular.” The crispy duck egg roll appetizer was indescribably good. The service by David was friendly and professional. The ambiance could be improved only by being on a terrace in Eze overlooking the Mediterranean. I had the sea bass and Linda the scallops. Both are items that take skill to prepare properly. They were both the best we can remember having anywhere. The chocolate souffle dessert was not too sweet. It was served with a spice infused milk, whereas I would have preferred creme anglaise, but it was still wonderful. They even included a candle for our anniversary celebration. (Fourth, thank you very much.)

The coffee service was incongruently ordinary, with a cup being plunked down already filled, along with a little chrome pitcher of milk and a selection of sugar packets. That could have been more elegant. No matter. We have already decided to return in two weeks for my birthday celebration. (Seventieth, thank you very much.) This could overcome a well-known French restaurant in town to become our favorite restaurant in San Antonio (not counting La Hacienda, of course).

One final plus is that we used a coupon and saved money. They are having a blitz right now to pick up the slow summer weeks. They were quite busy tonight. I hope it works out for them. This was the Silo on Route 1604 and not the one on Austin Highway. Go for it. Spend a hundred dollars and have a meal you will remember for a long time. I thought the place would be filled with affluent retired white-hairs like us, but in fact, most of the clientele were in their 30s and 40s. Good for them. And us. And you, when you come to find out for yourself.

• Visited July 2014
“Delicious Pork Shank!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Located in 1604 near Blanco, Silo is an elegant, modern, eclectic restaurant that offers a wide variety of delicious dishes. Start with their chicken fried oysters to get a glimpse of their talent. The Pork shank is perfectly cooked to the point meat will melt in your mouth. Other options including their salmon and scallops are a perfect option if you happen to be in the mood for seafood.

In brief, this is a great place to celebrate special occasions away from crowds while enjoy great food!

San Antonio, Texas
“The best lamb ever, salmon outstanding”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had dinner at the Silo, 1604 in San Antonio on May 10, to beat the Mother's Day rush on May 11. The specials were lamb and salmon with outstanding quinoa and asparagus. All were prepared superbly. The lamb dish was cooked medium rare to perfection. The salmon was lightly seared and charred, perfection!!!!! The food was outstanding, but the service was second to none. Get reservations and enjoy the excellent wine list selections. Although the lamb and salmon were the specials for the day, the SILO specials never disappoint. Visit this restaurant and enjoy the food and setting.

1 Thank Tony G
San Antonio, Texas
“Even Better Than Enchilada Wednesday!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I worked as a bus boy for three weeks in an old, local, now defunct steakhouse called John Charles. I think that qualifies me to tell you just how good the place settings of silverware and glasses are here with proper change over between courses. If you want to know about the food, well I graduated from a secondary school in San Antonio and can tell that the food is way better here than the cafeteria line!
O.K. I will pull my tongue out of my cheek long enough to tell you that the signature dish is a command performance of fresh gulf oysters that have been dipped in buttermilk, lightly coated with flour and flash fried to a delicate golden brown perfection. Served with a side of angel hair pasta and sauteed spinach with apple (you really don't notice it) and bacon (this you really notice). The oysters are topped with a honey-mustard hollandiase that you will want to dredge everything through . . . including the wonderful asiago, sourdough and other bread slice served complementary. Save some for your rubber sandals and bumper hitch as well . . . . ( tongue has been re-inserted into cheek).
Bottom line is that you don't have to be a classically trained chef or someone that really knows cafeteria food to enjoy the delightful dishes here. Sorry I waited so long to give the gourmet food here a try. But I still have a hankering for the ole Enchilada Wednesday served by sweet old ladies with white aprons and hair nets!