TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewslong term guestsfull size fridgesmelled nicemini kitchensix flagsstove tophot eggsthe sofa bedaccessible roomfirst floortraveling with kidshome away from homenice propertythe general managerconvenient locationbreakfast and dinnerhotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

Thought rooms we're larger seemed that way in pictures definitely not for two adults! Bed is next to bathroom and kitchen is 3ft away, this is fine for single travelers. there's also a stain on the bedskirt couch is old , sunken in. seems like they threw on fresh paint and put granite counter tops and says affiliated with Marriott!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Blktoy
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This location was very close to the VA hospital and the Medical Center.
The staff was very accommodating, friendly, and welcoming.
Our room was well supplied and easy to access (my husband is in a wheelchair). Only problem was it uses an eco-thermostat (motion sensors), so it was slightly warm when we entered the room, but cooled off very quickly.
The nightly social was a nice touch – there were a couple nights where leaving for dinner wasn’t ideal, so this offered an enjoyable option. Breakfast was you standard hotel breakfast – good, nice selection.
Bed was firm; however, there was a nice selection of pillows available.
There is also a great military rate, so make certain to ask for it if it applies to you.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KatieG958
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Katie,

I want to thank you for staying with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott on your recent visit to San Antonio, TX .

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and gave us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that our staff and the customer services met your expectations.

Thank

Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

I spent one night over the weekend with family. It was very nice and easy to find. There was plenty of parking after even after a late arrival. Typically, parking is hard to find at most hotels after coming back late to the room. Not the case here. The hot breakfast was very good and easy to access. There was not a large crowd at breakfast either. It was a perfect getaway without the typical parking or breakfast battles encountered at larger hotel chains. I highly recommend for those times when you simply want a stress free overnight hotel stay away ftom high traffic areas. Shopping areas are within short driving distance. I recommend for couples and small families. I plan to return and recommend. Thanks Marriott for a stress free stay!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Tripguide1

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for staying with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott on your recent visit to San Antonio, TX and for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us. I'm glad to hear that your recent stay at our hotel was a stress free stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time you are in the NW San Antonio area.

With Hospitality

Reviewed 16 October 2012

We earned our Gold Marriott Rewards status on this trip, so we're not hotel-stay novices.

Right out of the chute, we didn't get the suite we had reserved, but instead a very small room for 3 adults. We were transferred to a larger room and had to negotiate for a lower price. And, our new room keys were only activated for one day, rather than four, so we were quite surprised when we returned to our room after the first night.

The housekeeping service was terrible. With a 4 night stay, we could expect towel and trash service every day, but did not. Even after specifically requesting service, we didn't get it! Our trash was overflowing and the whopping 3 towels they gave us for 3 adults were useless. According to the guest services book, I could take my trash to a trash room (none of which were not indicated on the map). I schlepped the trash down 2 hallways only to discover the trash room door was locked! So, back to the room it came. We had service ONCE during our entire 4 night stay!

According to the guest services book, breakfast is served until 8:30 am on weekdays. Because it ended so early, we didn't plan to partake. I strolled down to the lobby at 9:45 am only to find breakfast still available! I inquired at the desk and was informed that they had recently changed the end time to 9:30 am since many people had complained that 8:30 was too early. This information was posted nowhere. Should have been posted on the front desk, or in the elevator, or on the refrigerator of the guest room, or on the key envelope.

San Antonio is notorious for its hard water. The faucets in the sinks, the shower head and even the faucets in the public restrooms were so clogged, water sprayed in all directions. It was a challenge to brush our teeth or wash our hands without getting a face or shirt full of water.

Otherwise, the lobby and public areas were clean and inviting. The laundry facilities were adequate.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DianeDLM
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important and allows us to correct any issues for future guests.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay at our hotel failed to meet your expectations and there were numerous service related problems during your stay – rest assured this is not the norm. We strive to provide all guests with a problem free experience and I am very sorry that we failed to do so. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you in person regarding your stay so that I can gather more details to address with specific members of our team. I can be reached at 210-694-5100. Thank you again and am looking forward to speaking with you.

With Hospitality,

Edward Juarbe

Reviewed 5 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel over Labor Day. Let me start by saying we were 3 adults in our group and are Marriott Rewards members. We had expected a better quality/service hotel. When I prepaid for this hotel I had asked for early checkin. We arrived at the hotel, on the Saturday of Labor day weekend, at 4pm. Not only was the room was not ready but there were several guests just sitting and waiting for their room. We were told it would be another hour, so we went out. Came back at 5:45pm and the room was still not ready and by now there were at least 15 people waiting in the lobby. We finally got our room at 6:15pm. The room had only 1 queen bed and a sleeper sofa. When we opened the sofa bed there were no sheets/pillows etc and the bed was sagging. We called the front desk and they said that there were no other rooms available but they could get a roll away bed since the 3rd person with us was a Sr. Citizen. They later called to tell us that their only roll away was gone so they brought an air mattress for the sofa bed. The room floor was also not clean so we called them again! Well by 7:30pm we were finally settled in the room and very unhappy.

Turns out they were short staffed. David and Jose their Housekeeping managers were the ones cleaning and getting the rooms ready! They were helpful but unfortunately given the poor design and lack of proper bedding created a problem for us.

This hotel caters only to couples since they have only 1 queen bed in every room. They don't have a single room with 2 doubles. The quality of the sofa beds is really bad and can give someone a backache. The room size is also quite small for an extended stay hotel. There is a small fridge and microwave in the entryway but no utensils etc. The bathroom was a good size and clean. The complementary breakfast the next morning was fine and plenty.

The location is good if you are going to Six Flags, Seaworld or on your way to Fredricksburg. I would recommend this hotel if you just need a place to sleep and you are a married couple or a single person. Families with kids were complaining the next morning about the sofa bed as well.

Room Tip: upper floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you experienced during your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my apology for this experience which is unacceptable. I have taken the necessary steps to address the issues with the staff and can assure that we appreciate your feedback. It is guests like you that allow us to improve our service to our guests and ensure that we correct challenges when they do arise. I look forward to having another opportunity to serve you in the near future and will be available to personally ensure your next visit exceeds your expectations.

Kindest Regards,