“A VERY GOOD STAY”

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #136 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We drove in from El Paso. We booked here because it was right on I-10. We had two more nights booked at a Residence Inn. We usually stay at Marriott properties & had always considered Towne Place Suites the entry level to the Marriott group. Now I would put this hotel right up with the best of them. We were totally surprised. There is a kitchen with a full refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher & cooktop. This is ideal for a family wanting to prepare their own meals or someone here for a longer stay. It has a very good well lite work desk & getting connected was a breeze. The unit has plenty of good lighting which is usually a problem.
The complimentary breakfast was very good & would certainly carry you through until lunch. My stay here convinced me that I didn't have to go on to a Residence Inn. I am now a fan. It is easy to get to from I-10 & has good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

We appreciate the glowing comments you gave our hotel on your recent visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels, there are many choices in the area and we appreciate your business. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please contact me directly

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I recently helped to book over 20 rooms at this hotel for a month and with any booking that large and for that long we were concerned. However there was no reason to be concerned. The folks at 5014 Prue Rd. take customer service seriously and continuously went above and beyond to help us with our needs. We had last minute emergencies, odd needs and many special requests all of which were taken care of quickly and with a small. The rooms are beautiful and extremely comfortable for a long stay. The kitchenette is GREAT and many of our roomers chose to cook full meals 5-6 nights a week. The breakfast is great and it is so nice to have a free dinner on top of that! Yolanda Cuellar specifically was phenomenal!! Could not have worked with a better professional or human being. She was fully prepared to handle anything we threw at her and her staff carried out everything we needed quickly and efficiently. We have already decided to use the TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest hotel for any of our future business travels!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for recognizing the great level of service provided by our staff, we take great pride in our associates. We hope your travels bring you back into the area and that you will choose to stay with us again. If I can be of further assistance please contact me.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This hotel is located northwest of downtown, about a 15 minute drive, and is also about 15 minutes from the airport. It is a convenient location, but its surroundings are mostly commercial. They call the rooms "suites" probably because they have sofa beds and complete kitchens. However, the rooms are rather small; actually smaller than many conventional hotel or motel rooms. The place is clean and fairly quiet and has a nice outdoor pool area and an exercise room. Guests can also use the large Gold's gym across the street. Rates include a typical breakfast with a couple of hot items. On week nights there is also a fairly simple dinner served, e.g. tacos, hamburgers, or hot dogs, along with wine and beer. So for those inclined to use many of the amenities this hotel gives very good value. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front of the hotel and some distant road noise from the I-10 freeway could be hea...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

We want our guests to have the best possible visit on each stay; everything should meet or exceed your expectations. I am happy to hear you had some good experiences but sad to hear there were also areas of concern. We will work on improving the areas of concern and we hope you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to this area. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We arrived late after a 20+ hour drive. Even though it was nearly 1am, the staff (including the hotel GM) were eager to get our sleeping arrangements setup. We needed extra beds and the GM went out of his way to make us comfortable. We were shocked to have such excellent customer service at that hour. The facility was spotless and the entire staff was extremely helpful. Our staff was for the National Junior Olympic Championship for our son and this hotel made our trip a memorable one. When in San Antonio we wouldn't even consider another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a more quiet sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We always look forward to both positive and negative remarks. I will discuss all the comments with my team so we can improve the negative and continue with the positive. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest for a week with my two kids. I have only good things to say about our time there. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel was clean and conveniently located. If safety is your top priority, I would suspect this is a very safe property, as there is a police station literally next door. One aspect of our stay that I particularly appreciated was the free evening meals offered on weeknights. Some nights it was more food than others, but it was always good and, perhaps most importantly, absolutely free to hotel guests. I'm very budget-minded, and having at least part of each weekday evening's meal provided by the hotel was a fantastic value.

One note: my rental car's GPS got confused when I approached the hotel from the west, heading on Prue road. If you are going this way, just be aware that you have to turn left on Laureate and then immediately go right on Prue road again to get to the hotel. Coming the other direction, off of Fredericksburg Road, was no problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for highly recommending our property. We are happy to be a positive aspect of your trip when you are traveling. We look forward to having you as our guest again if you return to the area. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We've stayed here at least three times while attending to family business in the San Antonio area. The property is clean, quiet and comfortable. The bedding is typical Marriott and is one of the most comfortable in the industry. The hotel is conveniently located next to a service station/food mart for small sundry items and an attached Burger King for quick snacks. A San Antonio Police Precinct is located next door and the hotel has an agreement with Gold's Gym across the street. Rooms are extremely neat and clean and room service did an admirable job keeping the room made up. Plenty of hot water, towels and fresh bedding.
The hotel provides a breakfast each morning which provides fresh fruits, cereals and hot items which were always fresh and tasty. The provided fare was more than enough to carry you to lunch.
As for location the hotel is centrally located and approx. 10 minutes to the airport and 15 to downtown and the River Walk.
In short you really can't go wrong choosing this property. Typical Marriott quality.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts online and thank you for the ringing endorsement of the property and staff. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance on a future stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I am a frequent guest at this hotel as a result of a work obligation to a nearby client and couldn't ask for more from a moderately priced extended-stay hotel facility. The building itself is typical Marriott design, and comfortable if not remarkable. What sets it apart from others of its type is the superior service afforded guests by the personable and caring staff working at the hotel.

I spend a lot of time in hotels, and I'd place the quality of service I've experienced here among the best I've encountered anywhere and at any price point. From front desk to housekeeping to food service , I've always been left feeling that everyone there cared about making my stay as comfortable as possible and have gone above and beyond the call to make it so. That kind of consistent service level is a tribute to hotel management who clearly are on top of their game. Well done, guys. Well done.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RSMuirhead
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive views regarding your stay with us, we are pleased to hear everything went great during your visit. I will share your comments with my team so we can continue to provide a high level of satisfaction for our guests. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future if you are in the area. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.