“Excellent Place to stay. Felt at home..”

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #141 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Chennai (Madras), India
“Excellent Place to stay. Felt at home..”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had stayed here for a month and half. Wonderful hospitality. The staff make you feel at home. They make your life so eay that you just need to turn up and the rest they will take care. The breakfast menu was
excellent too. Loved the Muffins, Bacon, Egg and almost everything on the menu. The evening Menu also was good enough... Just Loved the Salad + Butter Milk Ranch Combo... Salad with the Ranch and a glass of Wine sitting by the pool. what else does anone need for a relaxing evening... And the Shuttle service too was almost always available which made nearby shoppping mall visits hassle free... :) Overall a memorable experience..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Prue Rd are a better choice when you go to sleep you can just keep staring out thro...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear JaganMohan7,
Thank you for highly recommending our property. We are happy to be a positive aspect of your trip when you are traveling. We look forward to having you as our guest again if you return to the area. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 May 2014

2 night stay. Priciest of the hotels we stayed at on our vacation at ($94.05 per night + tax). Was nice and clean, but it was defnitely the service that stood out! :-)

We were in the elevator with our luggage, along with a manager. He was very pleasant and told us if we needed anything just to let him know. We deposited our luggage in the room and were returning the luggage cart when we ran into the manager again and told him that the deflector was missing from the air conditioner. He said he would take care of it and within 10 minutes someone was up installing the deflector!

We were leaving early on our departure date (at 5 AM) and found that our car battery was dead. I called AAA but they were an hour out, so we asked the front desk if they had a portable car jumper. They did and loaned it to us! I cancelled AAA and we were on the road to our next destination just a little bit later than we wanted to leave. That was an incredible service that they provided!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AvidTraveler507
We appreciate the glowing comments you gave our hotel on your recent visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels, there are many choices in the area and we appreciate your business. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please contact me directly.
Mayerthorpe, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Spent four nights in this hotel and were very pleased with it. The rooms were clean and well appointed ... very spacious and comfortable. We had a small kitchenette, which would have been very handy if we had required it. The complimentary breakfast was well stocked and tasted good. Would definitely stay there again if we go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GrandmaDan
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip and for taking the time to share your experience with the traveling public. We are happy to hear that we met your needs during your stay and we hope you have another opportunity to book with us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please let me know.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Went on a personal / business trip. Suite was clean, wifi was super fast.

The only problem I occasionally faced in was from the elevator. My room was adjacent to the elevator and they need to give more padding on the wall. Also apply some good lubrication. Breakfast was good. The people manning breakfast were super efficient. Not once did I have to ask for anything to be refilled.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank willowbrooksam
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We always look forward to both positive and negative remarks. I will discuss all the comments with my team so we can improve the negative and continue with the positive. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed at the Town Place Suites NorthWest San Antonio 3/13-3/16.
We arrived Thursday around 3:00 on a Thursday my husband checked us in and was told the could NOT upgrade us (70+) nights with Marriott and no extra accommodations could be made? We were very disappointed.

We went to our room and were absolutely disgusted!! The smell when we walked in the room was so horrible it made us nauseous. It smelled of fried fish. There was what appeared to be throw up in the kitchen sink. We called front desk and requested housekeeping. They came and cleaned the sink and gave a bottle of Febreeze airfreshener (since the windows don't open at this hotel we couldn't air it out)

On top of that we were given a room with a King bed, when we had requested a room with TWO DOUBLE beds at the time of the reservation (we were traveling with our children. We again called front desk and again told THERE WERE NO MORE ROOMS (love how Marriott treats their elite members).

So we asked housekeeping for two more pillows for the pull out bed.

Housekeeping showed up with two STAINED YELLOW pillows with NO PILLOW CASES. We asked for different pillows and they said that WAS ALL THEY HAD! DISGUSTING. They did bring us two pillowcases but I was disgusted and didn't allow the kids to use the pillows.

We pulled the bed out of the couch and again disgusted...there was big brown stains on the mattress and what appeared to be snot and food stuck on the couch.

We were so disappointed and disgusted but what were we going to do...it was our vacation and the front desk kept telling us there were no MORE ROOMS.

The next day I was walking from the living/sleeping area toward the kitchen and stepped on something sharp ...it was the tack Strip..because on top of the other issues with the room the carpet is so frayed where the tile and the carpet meet the tack strip was exposed...

That was it I went to front desk and said they needed to find us another room...and miraculously they had another room. The girl up front was helpful and apologized but still disappointed.

We moved all of our belongings down a few doors to our new room. This room was a king and did not smell and was in better condition.

That evening (Friday) we were sitting by the pool and I was talking with another couple, they were telling me how pleased they were with the hotel, it was their FIRST time staying at a Town Place Suites and how surprised they were that at check in (Friday) they were offered an upgrade to a larger suite with private bedroom...ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Again we checked in Thursday, have over 70+ nights in the last year and were TOLD WE COULDN'T"T GET AN UPGRADE and were given what I believe was the crappiest hotel room I have ever stayed in.

I am so disappointed in the stay with and absolutely upset we used the majority of our points to pay for this stay.

They 1) didn't get our reservation correct we requested two double beds and received a king.
2) the first room was disgusting from the frayed and stained carpet, disgusting pull out couch, throw up in the sink, the disgusting smell in the room and then given stained yellow pills.

3) the big kicker was the following day we meet another couple given a upgrade on their first stay with Town Place Suites--when we were told they couldn't upgrade us.

This year when my husband has to travel for business we will make sure that another hotel is requested, one that treats their returning customers with much more respect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jsdynamics
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we appreciate both the positive and negative reviews. Guest feedback is one of our key resources to improving guest satisfaction. You can be assured that this will be posted on the employee bulletin board for all to see. We want everyone on our team to be aware of negative issues experienced by our guests. This way we can all work on improving. If I can be of further assistance please contact me.
Grand Bend, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We drove in from El Paso. We booked here because it was right on I-10. We had two more nights booked at a Residence Inn. We usually stay at Marriott properties & had always considered Towne Place Suites the entry level to the Marriott group. Now I would put this hotel right up with the best of them. We were totally surprised. There is a kitchen with a full refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher & cooktop. This is ideal for a family wanting to prepare their own meals or someone here for a longer stay. It has a very good well lite work desk & getting connected was a breeze. The unit has plenty of good lighting which is usually a problem.
The complimentary breakfast was very good & would certainly carry you through until lunch. My stay here convinced me that I didn't have to go on to a Residence Inn. I am now a fan. It is easy to get to from I-10 & has good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I recently helped to book over 20 rooms at this hotel for a month and with any booking that large and for that long we were concerned. However there was no reason to be concerned. The folks at 5014 Prue Rd. take customer service seriously and continuously went above and beyond to help us with our needs. We had last minute emergencies, odd needs and many special requests all of which were taken care of quickly and with a small. The rooms are beautiful and extremely comfortable for a long stay. The kitchenette is GREAT and many of our roomers chose to cook full meals 5-6 nights a week. The breakfast is great and it is so nice to have a free dinner on top of that! Yolanda Cuellar specifically was phenomenal!! Could not have worked with a better professional or human being. She was fully prepared to handle anything we threw at her and her staff carried out everything we needed quickly and efficiently. We have already decided to use the TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest hotel for any of our future business travels!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for recognizing the great level of service provided by our staff, we take great pride in our associates. We hope your travels bring you back into the area and that you will choose to stay with us again. If I can be of further assistance please contact me.