“Friendly staff, nice stay and just minutes away from most attractions”

TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #133 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Based on the reviews here booked this hotel and turned out to be a good pick. From River walk it was only few minutes drive, check in was smooth and the staff were very friendly. Even though their computer system is offline, they were able to do their job pretty well. There was plenty of parking on the side, and hotel seems to be well maintained. We took a King suite, the kitchenette and utensils were kept really nicely, though we did not get to use them. The refrigerator was full size making it good for an extended stay. Only issue we had was the bathroom sink, the drain cap needs to be tilted and we could not figure out how to, so informed the front desk to send someone, but the guy showed up after 3 hours. We enjoyed the Breakfast, just usual stuff nothing special but well kept and better organized.

Room Tip: Take the 2nd floor rooms, saw several people using the stairs so more people walking in the 1st floo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MaBoTexas
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for recognizing the great level of service provided by our staff, we take great pride in our associates. We hope your travels bring you back into the area and that you will choose to stay with us again. If I can be of further assistance please contact me.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We recently completed a month and a half stay at this property, so we had the opportunity to meet and interacted with everyone who works there. In a word, they are great. From the front desk, to the drivers, to the housekeepers, to the dining room people; they all went out of there way to provide great customer service (even going above and beyond their job duties to help us). They were friendly yet professional in every way. The property as a whole and the room in particualr was very clean, comfortable and inviting. We have stayed at this property three times previous, and will be returning at least 3 or 4 times over the next two years.

Room Tip: Each tiime we have stayed on the top floor with very little noise at all. First floor would be grea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate the glowing comments you gave our hotel on your recent visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels, there are many choices in the area and we appreciate your business. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please contact me directly.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The A/C was leaking and extremely noisy running about 70 to 80 % of the time. This was on the low setting. There was so much filth on the A/C... I'm not allergic to anything but the poor air quality really gave me bad eye and sinus issues. Stains all over the carpet. A mattress that was horrible. When I pulled the sheet up to inspect the mattress, there was a huge stain. DISGUSTING!! I am ashamed of Marriott!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank AFairAssessment
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I will be sure to pass them on to my team and take care of this issues. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others do not have the same experience that you encountered. I'm disappointed to hear about the experience you had during your stay at our hotel. This is not the type of service we aspire to provide. I want to personally apologize for the problems you encountered. A perfect visit is truly our goal with each guest. We hope you will give us another shot at giving you a 100% satisfaction on your next visit if your travels bring you back into the area. If I can be of further assistance please contact me.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here several nights. This location is away from the downtown riverwalk area but convenient to lots of restaurants and shopping. A free shuttle is provided by the hotel until 7 pm. Free full breakfast and a light dinner that includes tea, wine and beer provided Mon-Thur. Pets are welcome with a per stay fee. Front desk clerks are very nice and Monica (I think was her name) is super! The room was nice. The mattress has no pillow top and is firm. There was a dirty blanket on the bed that got replaced at my request. (I am downloading a photo of it, it had makeup and dirt on it). This was very obvious and I don't understand why housekeeping would leave that on the bed after the previous checkout. The small sofa also had spots of something but that wasn't as bad as the bed. It was nice to have a full size fridge in the room along with a coffee pot, two burner cooktop and a dishwasher. Barbeque area was clean as well as the pool. Noise level was very low. Parking us free.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank austinwineoh

Dear Austinwineoh,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. We always look forward to both positive and negative remarks. I will discuss all the comments with my team so we can improve the negative doing a better inspection of the rooms and continue with the positive. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had stayed here for a month and half. Wonderful hospitality. The staff make you feel at home. They make your life so eay that you just need to turn up and the rest they will take care. The breakfast menu was
excellent too. Loved the Muffins, Bacon, Egg and almost everything on the menu. The evening Menu also was good enough... Just Loved the Salad + Butter Milk Ranch Combo... Salad with the Ranch and a glass of Wine sitting by the pool. what else does anone need for a relaxing evening... And the Shuttle service too was almost always available which made nearby shoppping mall visits hassle free... :) Overall a memorable experience..

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Prue Rd are a better choice when you go to sleep you can just keep staring out thro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear JaganMohan7,
Thank you for highly recommending our property. We are happy to be a positive aspect of your trip when you are traveling. We look forward to having you as our guest again if you return to the area. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

2 night stay. Priciest of the hotels we stayed at on our vacation at ($94.05 per night + tax). Was nice and clean, but it was defnitely the service that stood out! :-)

We were in the elevator with our luggage, along with a manager. He was very pleasant and told us if we needed anything just to let him know. We deposited our luggage in the room and were returning the luggage cart when we ran into the manager again and told him that the deflector was missing from the air conditioner. He said he would take care of it and within 10 minutes someone was up installing the deflector!

We were leaving early on our departure date (at 5 AM) and found that our car battery was dead. I called AAA but they were an hour out, so we asked the front desk if they had a portable car jumper. They did and loaned it to us! I cancelled AAA and we were on the road to our next destination just a little bit later than we wanted to leave. That was an incredible service that they provided!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AvidTraveler507

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Spent four nights in this hotel and were very pleased with it. The rooms were clean and well appointed ... very spacious and comfortable. We had a small kitchenette, which would have been very handy if we had required it. The complimentary breakfast was well stocked and tasted good. Would definitely stay there again if we go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GrandmaDan
Edward J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip and for taking the time to share your experience with the traveling public. We are happy to hear that we met your needs during your stay and we hope you have another opportunity to book with us again in the future. If I can be of any assistance on a future trip please let me know.