“We got extras, In a bad way!”

Courtyard San Antonio North/Stone Oak at Legacy
Ranked #167 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Corpus Christi, TX
“We got extras, In a bad way!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Let me start by saying we have stayed at several SA Courtyards and have always been pleased. The rooms are always nice, clean and the staff is always more than willing to help.
Not the case at CMSA Legacy. Legacy was the only available location when I tried to book our last minute trip. I figured what could go wrong, it's a Courtyard. The online price at www.marriott.com kept changing between $129 and $144. So I called the hotel and the lady stated they were almost at capacity. The rate is really $159. I hung up and went back to the website and booked the hotel for $144. Shortly after we arrived, my wife was going to sit our child in the computer chair in room so he could eat and found FECES on the seat of the chair. Yes we are %100 sure it was FECES. We called the front desk and told the man that answered we would be setting the chair outside the door. NEVER in our 2 night stay was a new chair brought to our room. On our second night, my wife went to the front desk to make sure they knew about the chair and the man at the desk was too busy on the phone to even acknowledge her. 10 minutes later, he finally asked if he could help her and she stated she just wanted to make sure they had on record that the chair was taken out of the room because it had feces on it. The man just laughed about it. Yet again, he never offered to replace it. We also found a used bottle of lotion that was not replaced by the cleaning crew, a heavily stained chair, pink mold growing on the bath tiles, extreme dust, white stains on the shower curtain, outside trash was overflowing for 2 days, etc (See Photos). This is by far the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel. At 4am, we could hear extremely loud music playing from the hallway. Come to find out there is a speaker just outside room 105 which the hotel was blasting their house music through. Request for extra towels, feather free room not acknowledged.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are extremely noisy!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank McStew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Courtyard is pretty consistent across the country in my opinon. This hotel is still very new and well taken care of. The room with two queens was spacious enough for our family. It was decorated nicely and comfortably. They allowed me an early check in which was very helpful settling the kids in early. The kids liked using the indoor pool even though it was cold and rainy outside. We didn't eat there while we stayed, but there was a nice lobby cojoined with the dining area, both very inviting. I had no complaints, however this is a decent distance to downtown so I wouldn't recommend it if all of your San Antonio activites are planned to be downtown. We did have an event at the Alamodome and it was very easy to navigate to that location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Rusk, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed here one night last May and couldn't see spending almost 100 bucks for a room so far away from downtown. The room I was in was small but it was clean. I expected more room and the front desk lady had an attitude. Would not take my military ID as suitable picture ID. The military discount offered just happened to be the maximum allowed by the government for travel. Had I not been on the road for 14 hours I would have gone somewhere else. I moved to a competing Hotel closer to downtown the next day and will never stay in any Marriott Hotels again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CW7171
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Marriott has cut too many corners and taken the value out of the price with this new version of a hotel. If I'm staying at this level of a hotel I expect less but at least the competition provides a free breakfast. Got there after check in time to find a long line of people waiting as rooms still not ready? New hotel not ready for prime time. Unless you can get a room for under $100 per night suggest you stay elsewhere as the price value is just not there

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FoodfanUSA
Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed here for three nights and have only wonderful memories to share. I could not find any fault. Everything related to accommodation was great and exactly the way I needed. Service - unique, rooms- beautifully decorated and food - amazing. It was a superb stay! I will recommend this place to all.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
McAllen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed here for a single night and only planned on a king bed with pull out couch... We were pleasantly surprised to find that our room had a bedroom and living area. This really made our stay much more comfortable for the whole family. The room was quiet, comfortable, and we would definitely stay here again. I was a bit bummed about the hotel not providing a complimentary breakfast but it was not a big deal. They do have food available for purchase had we decided to eat at the hotel.

The hotel has a small indoor pool and hot tub which was nice to take the kids swimming at on our chilly stay. The pool area was very clean and offered plenty of towels. The kids had a great time swimming.

Overall, we would choose this hotel again! Clean, comfy, and located in a quiet area. :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed for 2 nights over a weekend and we were pleased. Everything looked and smelled new. We had 2 comfortable queen beds with plenty of pillows, refrigerator, microwave, lots of closet space, plus a nice view of the hills behind the hotel. The linens, room and the bathroom were immaculate.

The hotel has a huge lobby with a cafe and also an indoor swimming pool/hot tub area. The area felt clean and safe as this hotel is on the northern outskirts of San Antonio. No riff raff running around anywhere near this hotel. The location is excellent, easy driving distance to the airport, downtown, and also out to the Hill Country. Very enjoyable.

The employees we encountered were excellent, friendly and seemed genuinely commited to their guests enjoying the property.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family