“Great Night Stay”

Courtyard San Antonio North/Stone Oak at Legacy
Ranked #170 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Had some friends staying at the JW Marriott and was looking for a more affordable stay. This hotel is located about 6 miles from the JW Marriott, it allowed us to visit our company but not break the bank. Checked in early and our room was ready, bonus! Front desk staff very friendly as well. The room layout was pleasing, roomy and comfortable. Beds were comfortable allowing for a good night sleep. The only negative, there is no complimentary breakfast. There is a bistro that provided some basic dining options and we did take advantage of the bistro. Service was great! We will add this hotel on our list for future stays!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Courtyard San Antonio North/Stone Oak at Legacy

Reviewed 30 September 2013

First of all, the desk employee was friendly, extremely competent, and a sharp young man. We enjoyed several nice visits with him during our stay. As the evening went on, we noticed lots of patrons enjoying themselves in the common areas. This hotel looks fairly new. Our room was very, very comfortable and appeared to be quite clean. The linens smelled fresh and the mattress was very good. We had everything that we needed and the bathroom is surprisingly large. Our overnight stayed was quiet and everything that we needed to assist us in our early-morning exit went perfectly smooth. This hotel is less than a mile from the newer Methodist Stone Oak Hospital and just off Hwy. 281.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Very nice hotel, all new lobby. I have never understood the more expensive hotels not having breakfast, but oh well. Nice pool, great wifi, and overall a very nice experience. The little business center had good printers ready to go so we could print off our tickets for SeaWorld the next day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My extended family (of 9) descended on Courtyard by Marriott for a short holiday in San Antonio. While the hotel staff wasn't able to get all the details of our stay correct (more on this), they more than made up for it by being so accommodating. For example: on check in - even around 3pm - our rooms weren't ready and needed an extra few hours to clean and prepare. The front desk staff offered us an open selection of drinks - complimentary while we waited. There was some confusion whether breakfast was included in our package tour. Ultimately, it wasn't, but the hotel offered us a very reduced rate and then opened up their menu to whatever we chose. Very nice.

Beyond this, the hotel got the little touches right - a basket of temporary tattoos for the kids, along with freezer pops for the hot days of summer. Cucumber water on arrival, along with cookies in the afternoon. Each booth in the restaurant had a private TV. All well done.

So, while there were a few glitches along the way, I would definitely say the hotel made up for it - keeping it's guests happy through the stay. If we had the chance, we would definitely book again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jon_kapp
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel seemed fairly new. It was very nice, the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very large. There is a Lifetime Gym across from the hotel and you can get in free with your room key. Indoor swimming pool. The only thing I was disappointed in was no free breakfast. They did, however have a Bistro that you could purchase your breakfast. Very nice area!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RetiredTeacher54
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed here for a business trip and the rooms were decent size and clean. WiFi was good, I had no issues with the room. There is a Lifetime Gym right across the street and you get in free with your room key, which is a big plus. Hotel is close to the airport and eating options.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lws2001
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We checked in late with a sleepy young child. They wouldnt let my husband check us in, despite both our names on the reservation (said it was because we used my rewards). When i checked us in, i wanted to be sure we had a pull out bed for our child. I was assured there was. When we got to the room, there were no linens. When i called the desk, the person told me i could come down to get them. No apology, no offer to bring them up, knowing we had a sleepy child.
The Starbucks has very limited hours on the weekend. We ordered breakfast, and then we were told they closed, so they wouldnt make bacon for my child. We did manage to get the rest of our order, which i guess was made before the clock struck 9:30 am.
The first room we were in (202) did not have hot water. The front desk's response: let it run for five minutes(like we didnt think of that). My husband had to be somewhere and couldnt shower. When he went downstairs, he was told by the maintenance person that our room always had problems with hot water. Why would they put anyone in that room?! So, i had to repack all our things to be moved down the hall. Again, no apologies, just complacency from the front desk.
We have been here since Thursday for a family event nearby. We have observed the same awful front desk bad attitude to other guests. The excuse most often offered has been, "i'm the only person on. Youre going to have to wait, and i cant tell you how long."
The room is marginally clean. The shower has black mold in the grout and on the shower curtain. You get exactly three towels, and the shampoo and conditioner is sufficient for one person. Good thing i packed our own.
Today, my room key wouldnt work in the fitness center. Again, the front desk bad attitude, but she did issue me a new key. When i was working out, the maintenace staff person who observed me at the desk made it a point to tell me that i could also work out for free at the fitness center across street. He aslo popped in to the pool area and told my husband that he could take our daughter to the water park/pool at the same fitness center for free.
The most informed, attentive staff seem to be the maintenance staff. They should replace the a$$es at the front desk.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank notfrequentflier
HPDOS, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio North/Stone Oak at Legacy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2013

Sir/Ma’am,
I wanted to reach out to you and let you know I apologize if your stay was anything less than satisfactory. Please know that we strive to make every experience an excellent one for each guest. I would like to see if you could personally contact me, I would like to address the issues you had while staying with us. Please call at 210-545-3100 or email at Meganb@intermtn.biz. I look forward to hearing from you and resolving these issues for you.

Megan Biehl