“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #165 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Denver, Colorado
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed 2 ngihts at this hotel and it was great. The service was friendly and prompt. The hotel lobby has been remodeled and it was very nice. The bar was a great place to hang out and relax. There were always people down there drinking and eating. The beds were very comfortable. The ac was great a little loud but I like white noise. The towels could be softer. I did workout in the very small gym but the treadmill was nice. I would suggest facing the treadmills toward the TV because it isn't helpful to be on the treadmill and have to look to the side to view the TV, in fact, it is dangerous. Overall, a fabulous stay and we will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I've stayed at many properties in the same tier, and many other Courtyard Marriott locations, and this place exceeds them all. The lobby is gorgeous, and the rooms felt practically brand new. I'd stay here longer next time, if it wasn't further from downtown. But it's very close to the Alamo Draft House, lots of shopping, and easy to get up 281 to Canyon Lake, Johnson City, and even puts you closer to Austin than most places in San Antonio. If you have to visit anyone in the nearby medical offices or hospital, this is definitely the best place to stay nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Martin S
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was a new designed CY. Had a Bistro set up for breakfast, lunch, lite dinner and snacks. Food was fresh, served Starbucks, but the service and friendliness EXCEEDED my expectations. Even the maids were friendly and had a sense of anticipating your needs even if you were walking down the hall. The location was just far enough from the highways that you don't hear the cars but close enough to drive to anywhere in Stone Oak area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor at the end of the hallway. Only heard AC off and on.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This is a newer property so everything is well laid out & designed. Very comfortable and a nice place to stay for business or personal travel. Nice lobby area and spacious rooms. Great location near some good restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Oxford, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went to San Antonio for my son's wedding. He gave me a few suggestions for a hotel, including this one. The pictures and reviews made my mind up that this was the place to stay. Of all the people that traveled to San Antonio, we probably had the best hotel. The room and hotel was very clean. The check-in online went smooth and checking in at the hotel was super easy. The front desk was very helpful in getting us taxi rides, shuttle service up the street for groceries, and just good people to talk to. The menu for breakfast and dinner was not very big, but the selections were delicious and we enjoyed each meal. The gym was very clean as was the pool. They had a computer and printer available to print put our plane tickets and baggage check-in. I would stay here again on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lumberton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a Mother's Day trip to San Antonio this weekend. We pulled up and across the street is a HUGE lifetime fitness gym. I was so impressed I even made my husband drive by so I could look at it before we checked in. When I checked in the gal told me that I could workout there for free if I just showed my room card and id. Lol to some people that may seem silly, but to me it improved my already good experience 10x. Our stay was great. The gal who checked us in was really friendly (can't remember her name but she was pregnant with strawberry blonde hair). The hotel smells really clean when you walk in and had an inviting atmosphere (cash bar downstairs in restaurant). The pool was pretty small but my 4 yr old had fun. Rooms were very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was around $7-10 but there were quite a few healthy options. I would most definitely stay here again. About 25 minutes from the Alamo. We also visited the Quarry farmers market (Sundays only) which was about 15 minutes away and it was a fun little farmers market!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank nhodson1
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here to be close to a client facility. This hotel has the Courtyard "Bistro" whose staff was quite efficient and cordial. And, in a throwback to bygone eras, it had a huge lobby, with multiple "conversation pits." This would be a great place to hold a conference, because the lobby effectively gives you "breakout rooms" to hold smaller conversations.

The room was absolutely up-to-date. Comfy bed, great TV with about 200 channels of DirecTV, and good, stable Wifi. Front desk staff was terrific.

The only reason I didn't give it 5 pips was that it is located in a business park, far away from restaurants and S.A. attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business