“Fantabulous but pricey”

Dough Pizzeria Napoletana
Reserve with OpenTable
Dough Pizzeria Napoletana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Uptown Loop
Description: Dough Pizzeria Napoletana is an authentic Neapolitan Pizzeria featuring two ovens that cook your pizza at 900 degrees + in 90 seconds! We make our own fresh Mozzarella daily. We source as many of our products as possible from local farmers and import most items from Italy. We offer patio seating, inside dining room seating and seating around our pizza bar and wine bar. Our coffee, Kimbo Coffee, is imported from Naples, Italy. We offer an all-Italian wine list and craft beers. Our menu changes seasonally to make sure we are offering the freshest, in season products as possible. Dough Pizzeria Napoletana San Antonio is located less than 10 minutes from the San Antonio International Airport-convenient for both business and pleasure travelers. We are also located in Plano, Texas and are working on our newest location, in Downtown/Southtown area of San Antonio, walking distance from both the Riverwalk and the Henry B. Gonzalez convention center-due to open in January 2018!
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Excited but nervous based on reviews as most complimentary but some were zingers. I have to say the food was incredible. We started with the rollatini and flatbread (divine) and each of us had a 10" pizza (size of large plate) and a drink. Oh my goodness the pizza was wonderful and exactly what I was craving based on reviews. Pizza dough was chewy but crisp and sooo good. Tomato sauce was just tomatoes (no sugar and I hate sugar in my sauce), just the right touch of mozzarella and basil (aesthetically more basil would have been nice but taste was perfect). Our waitress Camille, helped me find the right wine and gave me an update on pizza arrival before I could ask. So service was phenomenal. Now bill was high, but we knew that going in based on reviews. Overall if you have the money, the meal was delicious!

1  Thank quizaya

Reviewed 13 May 2014

A limited menu but what they do they do very well. I had the mushroom and caramalized onion pizza and my only regret was that I should have gone for the medium instaed of the small! Very friendly server and a nice crisp (huge) salad to start. It's away from downtown (closer to the airport) but it is well worth the trip away from the Riverwalk. I will definately be returning on my next visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We accidentally came here twice as a result of visiting trip advisor for advice. Had the spiedini and the buffala mozzarella pizza. Yummo!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I'm always excited when a pizza place claims to serve "Napoletana" pizza, because I lived in Naples, Italy, and the pizza there is, obviously, just amazing.

The pizza at "Dough" doesn't come anywhere close to "Napoletana" pizza. I don't care what the menu says or how many Italians give it a thumbs up.

What the pizza here IS, is EXPENSIVE. To me, the prices were just ridiculous for a fairly mediocre product.

I will say that the atmosphere was pleasant and the waiters were very nice. But I sure won't be eating here again. It's overpriced and over-rated.

1  Thank HappyPenny
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This place is always busy and they do not accept reservations. The food is fantastic but you will be shocked by the bill. This is a casual dining establishment with lots of outside seating. The service was never an issue and you can see the busy cooks in the open kitchen.