“Great vegetarian /vegan food in Downtown San Antonio”

Green Vegetarian Cuisine
Ranked #27 of 4,881 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located in the Full Goods Building of the Historic Pearl Brewery
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Having visited other vegetarian establishments, I was very impressed with my lunch time order. I had the chicken fried "steak". This was served with a scoop of mashed potatoes and a delicious sweet and sour kale side. I took the gravy on the side. My sister had the half and half with tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. We both thought our meal was excellent, cost effective and the service was prompt and polite. Nice rustic ambience, outdoor seating available and pet friendly. I will definitely return on my next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The best restaurant I have eaten at!! The food was amazing!! Everyone in our party enjoyed their meal. We could've had a better waitress as the service was just ok. The food definitely made up for the whole dining experience.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was disappointed in the food. It was not bad but it was also very ordinary. Yes it is vegetarian but not a lot of choices for someone who is gluten free. My portobello steak was average in flavour, the mashed potatoes were nice but I have no idea why the kale was sautéed in soy sauce which was not GF. My husband's 'Nasty Burger' was not particularly flavourful or good though the quinoa tabbouleh was very good.
All in all a disappointing experience.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I always make a point to visit any vegetarian/vegan places anywhere I travel. I'm not sure why, since I'm not vegetarian but it's just a habit. All that being said, you could do a lot worse than Green Vegetarian Cuisine. I went for breakfast and (I can never choose between sweet and savory) had some vegan tacos and some sweet potato pancakes - both of which were fantastic. My only regret is that I couldn't try any of their pastries, since I had a flight to catch. Everything is sure to satisfy, whether you're vegetarian or not.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I read reviews before going to San Antonio and decided we should try Green Vegetarian. The food was delicious! Very well thought out and a great variety. We had plenty to eat, too. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for something healthy. We enjoyed breakfast one morning and lunch another day. We will go back when in the area again. Wish we had a restaurant like this in Tennessee!