“Tasty & generous served by attentive & caring people”

Green Vegetarian Cuisine
Ranked #32 of 4,727 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Located in the Full Goods Building of the Historic Pearl Brewery
Reviewed 8 May 2014

In a state made famous by B I G meat consumption...great BBQ tradition & quality, I was delighted to find this alternative.
Last couple of weeks in Louisiana / Texas it's been a whole lotta carnivorous (and seafood).
Wanted to lighten up, but not sacrifice FLAVOR.
This was a great choice.
Daily special was vegetarian lasagna served piping hot on a BIG plate with a whole lot of crispy ..mainly lettuce salad piled round it....
Now I enjoy cooked lettuce, so no worries there..Dressing was a vegetarian version of Caesar... also tasty.
A bottomless cup of fresh squeezed lemonade completed the lunch.
Servers are attentive and caring.
Space is clean & comfortable round the side of Pearl brewery complex.
Parking is free & easy.
Impressed me...loads of flavours coaxed out of the veggies and cheeses...tangy tasty tomato based sauce was YUMMY...garlic..herbs.... interesting and wholesome fare. Generous quantity and I left very satified.
Highest recommendations for VEGETARIAN option in San Antonio.

1  Thank r s

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I enjoyed my lunch here. The service was attentive, the food arrived quickly and it was tasty. I was looking for something light to eat for lunch as I had been doing heavier Mexican for dinner and went here rather than La Gloria when I arrived. It was a good choice. I got a lemonade and the Mediterranean Bowl for less than $15 before tip. I was pretty full from this salary-type bowl. It had Quinoa tabouli, baba ganoosh, tzatziki, black olives, falafel patties, cucumbers, tomato, carrots, dolmas, and cashew cheese. Served in a whole wheat tortilla. Not sure that this rates a 5 for lunch but I like places like this and I really couldn't find much wrong with any aspect of Green Veggie, so a 5 it is.

1  Thank kt3
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We've frequented Green on a few occasions and have enjoyed the food and appreciate that most of what Green offers can be made Vegan. However, living in SA and calling Enchiladas the real deal is a big statement but we decided to give it a shot. Sauce was Marinara. At first we thought the made a mistake because they also offer Italian Enchiladas. Description on real deal states "Red Salsa" Italian states "Marinara". When we told our waitress we received the wrong item, she very rudely stated NO, we use marinara for both. Basil Enchiladas = Real Deal, in Texas? Maybe they were out of real sauce that night? Also when you are running low on Vegan cheese - don't just double the beans! And up-charging for whole beans vs. refried? Really?

1  Thank tejasfox
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Wow, what surprise! When we saw the menu and the low prices, we were afraid that we may regret our choice. To our delight, the food was very good. The portabella mushroom, artichoke and spinach quesadilla which was recommended by our waiter was the terrific. Two meals, no drinks other than water, and we were out if there for under $20, that's a winner!

2  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Great choice for vegetarian food. Really nice service, fun atmosphere and vegan cupcakes!! Really nice and relaxing after a few nights downtown.

2  Thank MylaKB