“Superior Dining on a Romantic Evening”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #262 of 4,624 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Far North Central
Cross street: Blanco and Bitters
Description: At The Melting Pot, fondue is more than a signature dish. It's a culinary tradition that we honor every day - and have spent 40 years perfecting. And thanks to our dedication to our craft, that tradition is still going strong and attracting new fans today. Fondue is more than just a meal. It's an experience. And that's what The Melting Pot does best. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Customize your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie.
“Superior Dining on a Romantic Evening”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This place is just wow! I've eaten at the MP a few times before, but this last experience was very memorable. It's a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoy a romantic evening. The service, the food, and the atmosphere are fantastic! Your waiter is not in a rush to get you out on your way, the food is absolutely fabulous, and I can't recall seeing any kids which is a huge plus! I have plans to return soon! Keep up the great work!

Thank D.j. S

Grovetown
“You can make this the best meal experience you have ever had...”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was looking for a romantic evening out. I found a package that the Melting Pot offered; a private booth, set up with a bottle of wine, a bouquet of flowers and a full-course fondue meal. The food is great. The service is spectacular. But if it is the company that you enjoy, this is the place to go. The server knows that you will be in your booth for 2 to 3 hours so he or she will not be rushing you out the door.

We just sat in our private booth, enjoying ourselves and enjoying the wonderful food in each course. The whole experience, while it is a national chain, was still an amazing one. If you are willing to put forth a little extra cash, this is the place to spend it. We made it special and we still talk about this experience to this day. We loved our time at the Melting Pot.

• Visited April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Been to better locations”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I've always liked the Melting Pot. I know it is overpriced for making you basically cook your own food, but I can't help but enjoy the entire experience. This Melting Pot I was disappointed by their rule of additional charges for brownies, cheesecake, and pound cake with the dessert course. Since my husband and I typically buy a 4 course meal, I think it’s ridiculous to nickel and dime someone subsequently by charging a $1 on extra plate of brownies and $2 for the smallest slice of cheesecake imaginable. I can understand if someone only buys the dessert course or just gets cheese and dessert, but when you already spending over $100 on the meal, I think the extra plates should be included. What was more irritating was not being told about this additional charge until after we had already ordered an extra plate of brownies and cheesecake, and being charged for them. I think the waitress recognized her failure because she "snuck" us another plate of brownies without charging us. Furthermore, when you pay $50+ per person, you expect good service. I recognized our waitress was very busy with many tables, but I went 45 minutes without a refill on my water. This was kind of the theme of the night unfortunately. I really like Melting Pot, but it will probably be awhile before I decide to go back to this location.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Katiemeg2
San Angelo, Texas
“Great for a Relaxing Dinner”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We go to Melting Pots when we travel whenever we get the chance because our children love the novelty of cooking their own food at the table. The San Antonio Melting Pot always has excellent service from knowledgeable servers, which is a big bonus for us because we are foodies and we always have a lot of questions.

This trip was not as remarkable because they seated us in a party room with several very, very loud large parties. It was hard to hear each other at some points over squealing high school kids. This upset my husband and woke our baby more than once. With that said, however, it was a busy night and it would be hard to seat us elsewhere as the restaurant is mostly booths.

The food was excellent, as always. I had the French Quarter entree and the food was perfectly seasoned. My husband had the fondue delight platter, which was an excellent value for the money. I was also glad to see that they are now offering children's plates. We enjoyed the creme brulee dessert fondue most of all.

We will be back.

• Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Dining Experience”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Wife and I had dinner here for our anniversary. We were drawn to this place by stories of having a fun dining experience and boy did the Melting Pot deliver. The food is good (not excellent) but the fun in essentially cooking your own food made up for what was lacking. The best part is no doubt the dessert. We had the surf and turf and fiesta cheese.

• Visited September 2013