“Convenient, friendly, great oasis in San Antonio”

A Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 42 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2005

• Stayed: January 2005, travelled on business
3  Thank OmarHenderson

Reviewed 29 March 2005

Stayed in this guest house whilst vising San Antonio on business, October 2004 and was so pleased with what I found. The rooms are all decorated and furnished in their own individual styles, are large, cool, clean and well equipped. The breakfast in bed was a real treat - American sized portions and all freshly prepared, with a different variation every morning. The owners made me, a young woman travelling alone, feel right at home and even offered to drive me to an out of town shopping centre to pick up some finest quality, home grown, all Texan cowboy boots. Another great addition, and something that made me even more pleased that I had chosen to stay here rather than an anonymous hotel, was the fact that each room came with its own mobile phone, with which you could make free local calls, great for contacting colleagues staying elsewhere or calling cabs. Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend it to anyone visiting San Antonio on business or pleasure.

2  Thank MontyHad
Reviewed 11 March 2005

What a marvelous oasis in SanAntonio. I stayed 6 nights during a conference at the Convention Center, a short 12 minute walk. A convenient trolley service is an option, right around the corner on Beauregard St. My room was immaculate, and I had to protest to keep housekeeping away on a daily basis. No shortage of pampering here, and the afternoon cookies were a welcome sight after a long day. I rented a bicycle from Blue Star Brewery (5 min walk on S. Alamo)for a 12 mile jaunt. Friendly, gracious hosts Deb and Kit made this New Englander's stay very comfortable.

2  Thank yorka
Reviewed 10 March 2005

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our recent trip to San Antonio, and we were especially pleased with our accomodations at "A Yellow Rose." We had no trouble finding the B&B (thanks to the wonderful directions sent with our confirmation information), and we were able to check in early. Our room was absolutely lovely, and we immediately felt right at home-- as evidenced by my husband's prompt devouring of the Godiva chocolates on our bedside table. As we told the owners when checking out, we will definitely be returning to "A Yellow Rose" on our next visit.

• Stayed: March 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 February 2005

In celebrating our first wedding Anniversaryand New Year's Eve at the Yellow Rose, we couldn't have asked for anything more perfect! A couple of city blocks walk from Riverwalk, Jacuzzi and champagne, too....wow! What a celebration! You must visit to believe it.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 January 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Yellow Rose for our anniversary and it was one of the best trips we have ever had to San Antonio. The room was spacious with its own private entrance and a large private bath with a jacuzzi tub (both of us fit at the same time :-).
The full breakfast was delivered to our room, on time, and it was delicious.

The b&b location is only a block or two from some nice restaurants and the trolley stop. The trolley picked us up and let us off in the middle of the riverwalk.

We also took the special package which included an in-room massage for each of us. Our hosts went the extra mile and found us an excellent massage therapist when the one they had scheduled got sick.

We are looking forward to returning to the Yellow Rose again!

Rob & Tammy
Corpus Christi, Texas

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 January 2005

The Yellow Rose Bed & Breakfast in San Antonio, Texas should be avoided at all cost. It is not even a Bed & Breakfast, as you have to pay separately for breakfast. Is not that the beauty of a B&B – the breakfast – I can order room service at any hotel. Although the room was large it was tawdry and mismatched and looked to be furnished at a garage sale. The bathroom was decorated nicely and appeared to be new, but the rest of the place was a dump including the overgrown front lawn. But the worst was the woman running the Inn, who was so vicious, bitter and mean that I refuse to refer to her as an Innkeeper. She needs to realize when you take someone's money you have to treat them with some amount of respect. I have never been so disappointed by any overnight accommodations either here or abroad, as I was with the Yellow Rose. STAY AWAY!! The cab driver who dropped us off told us we should have stayed across the street – and boy was he RIGHT!!!

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member