Noble Inns - Aaron Pancoast Carriage House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in San Antonio
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Plaza San Antonio(San Antonio)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Fairmount(San Antonio)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Our stay at the Carriage House was just what we were looking for- charming, welcoming, lovely, and relaxing. It is located in the beautiful and walkable King Williams neighborhood with easy access to the Riverwalk as well, this was important to us as we opted not to rent a car during our stay. The senior innkeeper, Megan, was absolutely great. . She offered lots of suggestions as to what we could do in the area and offered her help on anything we needed. We enjoyed the quaint , well maintained accomidations like the claw foot tub and fireplace. We particularly enjoyed our evening swims in the strikeingly lovely pool. Perhaps the cold breakfast (cereal, danish, milk, oj, coffee,bananas) could be improved a bit, however, we enjoyed eating breakfast out at the historic and delicious restaurant theGunther House . I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2008

I'm surprised by the other reviews on this B&B. We've stayed in the Pancoast Carriage House several times in the last couple of years and always had a great stay. The upper floor, with two bright, attractive bedrooms is a perfect suite for traveling families, and the downstairs always reminds me of a cozy Hill Country cabin. I like being able to time my breakfast, and eat before I get dressed and sit down with others. So, pastries and coffee is perfrect. You won't find a prettier pool at any B&B or smaller hotel in the state. The staff have always been lovely.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 30 April 2007

We will not waste our money on such a so called bed & breakfast. Not what we expected to get. We had to make our own coffee and eat cold/sticky muffins that were left the day before. The shower/tub were very enclosed, since we had to close the shower curtain all the way...not much space left to move around. The wall paper was peeling off, the base boards needed some dusting, the door on the entertainment center sounded like it was ready to fall off. The room we had #3 was very small. In the 4 days we were there, could not use the spa or pool, due to it being dirty, as well as the patio area.
Next time, will do more research on such a place.

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed 13 April 2007

As a business traveler I choose Select Registry Inns first. This facility is not of Select quality. I called to inquire about bad reviews and was assured "we are the same quality." With reluctance I kept my reservation at the Carriage House. I regret the decision and was very disappointed. Broken kitchen tile, broken cabinet knob, broken shower faucet, no room (I mean, no room) to move in the shower without hugging the curtain. Water damage on peeling wallpaper, fireplace not functioning, jacuzzi cold, sheets below average quality, pillows hard, telephone rings throughout the day with telemarketers actually leaving messages! No welcome from the innkeeper. Perhaps the other properties are better. But a word to the wise: TripAdvisor reviews are accurate -- don't stay at the Aaron Pancoast Carriage House!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank awlsing
Reviewed 30 March 2007

I choose this location because I have had great experiences with Select Registry. We wanted to stay at the Carriage House because it had an outdoor pool. The pool/garden area was cute, but not kept clean. The above garage rooms were pitiful. In need of repairs to just about everything. Broken ceramic tiles in the kitchen, peeling wallpaper and stained carpet. The bedding was thread bare and the bedspead seemed dirty. This is more like a 2 bedroom suite than a B&B. If you book here, you could actually have a stranger sharing your acomodations. The shower was a joke. It was in a claw foot tub with a shower curtain that allowed you to stand in only about a 3 foot area. The warning was that if that small curtain wasn't closed you would cause water damage below. Only suitable for a very small person! I have never written a review before, but felt this was important enough to share.

Stayed: March 2007