We just got back from 4 nights at the Brakenridge, and we are planning to go back again. The accommodations were comfortable, the location great and the hosts met our every request. Our room had Port and chocolates on the dresser; the kitchenette had everything needed to brew a pot of coffee; a couple of sodas, a beer and a small bottle of wine in the refrig.; popcorn on the microwave; a basket of assorted teas; in the bathroom Band Aids, an extra toothbrush, shave cream and air freshener. Much more than I expected.
Breakfasts were wonderful! Fresh muffins or loaf cake, fruit compote each day, a tasty egg dish, potatoes and really good coffee. Just the right portion to get your day started and not weigh you down. Lily is an excellent cook.
If you want to know what to see in the City and how to get there, Roland and Lily can tell you. If you want to see nearby sights or cities, they can tell you about them and how to get there as well.
Three adults shared the Wrens Nest, and we had plenty of room. This was Lily's recomnmendation, and she was correct.
Easy to find from the airport and a short, comfortable walk into the heart of downtown and the Alamo. Try the fajitas and Margueritas at Casa Rio. They are very, very good and the prices are the best on the Riverwalk.
I couldn't recommend this B & B any better than to say try it...you'll like it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the first bed and breakfast in famous historic King William District, the Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast has been pampering guests since 1986. Our rooms and suites are furnished in antique regal Victorian furniture with comfortable beds and the modern conveniences you would expect to find in a first-class hotel. All have en suite full bathroom and private entrance. Your stay at the Brackenridge house comes with a full three course hot breakfast prepared fresh every morning especially for you. For your enjoyment and convenience, all our rooms have mini-refrigerators stocked with complimentary drinks and ice, microwaves and coffee makers. The front porch and upstairs veranda invites you to relax in a rocking chair or porch swing while watching the horse drawn carriage goes by, enjoying a glass of wine or a good book. Immerse yourself in our hot tub in the rear garden area, it is the perfect way to start your day or unwind after a day of sightseeing. Available year round. Before retiring for the night enjoy a delicious Godiva truffle with a glass of cream sherry, pop a bag of popcorn and grab a movie from our extensive selection of DVDs or try one of our delicious signature home baked cookies. The Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast provides the advantages of being two blocks away from the River Walk, five blocks from the Alamo and the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center and a short walk from El Mercado and the Alamodome without the noise and congestion of downtown. The house is close to many famous and wonderful local restaurants offering delicious and excellent meals. Our goal at the Brackenridge House is for you to experience Texas hospitality at its best, and make you feel like the special person you are. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brackenridge House b&b
- Brackenridge House Hotel San Antonio
- Brackenridge House Bed And Breakfast San Antonio, Texas