I highly recommend the Brackenridge House B&B. Knowing that I was traveling alone, Lilly, the B&B's proprietor stayed later than usual to meet me, and upon my arrival, she showed me around the house, gave me maps to local attractions, and made sure I was comfortable before heading out that evening. Since other guests decided to leave before breakfast the next morning, she sat with me during my meal and made terrific conversation--we visited over an hour, even after the food was gone. Speaking of the food, it is great too! Eating on the front balcony surrounded by huge trees and lots of song birds made for a very relaxing morning. Additionally, my room was *very* clean and accurately represented by the photos on the website. The only surprises I experience were pleasant ones, such as: complimentary wine, sodas, popcorn, toiletries, chocolates, and water in the room's private fridge. There were even Band-aids in the bathroom, which came in handy after walking around the conference in uncomfortable footwear. One recommendation, don't lose the earplugs; the birds sing exuberantly in the morning, but for us later risers, the plugs nicely drown out their early morning songs! Overall, my room, the Cardinal Room, was very quiet--I could not hear any of the staff or other guests at all.
I echo the positive comments of other guests, as the location of the B&B is ideal. It's near enough to the tourist traps and convention center to walk and avoid paying for parking downtown (Parking at the B&B is free and convenient.), and it is situated a block or two from many great restaurants. I came for a conference that was held in the Marriott, and I walked to the conference each day in about 15 minutes or less. Rosarios', Feast, and Madhatter's Tea House and Cafe are a few of the excellent neighborhoods restaurants that I tried, and each was less than a two minute walk from Brackenridge.
On the last day of my stay, because I had to give an early morning presentation, I knew I would not make it back in time for breakfast, but Lilly generously offered to serve breakfast a little later for me. It's this commitment to customer service and detail that sets the Brackenridge several notches above other B&Bs.
I look forward eventually to returning to the Brackenrigde!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the first bed and breakfast in famous historic King William District, the Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast has been pampering guests since 1986. Our rooms and suites are furnished in antique regal Victorian furniture with comfortable beds and the modern conveniences you would expect to find in a first-class hotel. All have en suite full bathroom and private entrance. Your stay at the Brackenridge house comes with a full three course hot breakfast prepared fresh every morning especially for you. For your enjoyment and convenience, all our rooms have mini-refrigerators stocked with complimentary drinks and ice, microwaves and coffee makers. The front porch and upstairs veranda invites you to relax in a rocking chair or porch swing while watching the horse drawn carriage goes by, enjoying a glass of wine or a good book. Immerse yourself in our hot tub in the rear garden area, it is the perfect way to start your day or unwind after a day of sightseeing. Available year round. Before retiring for the night enjoy a delicious Godiva truffle with a glass of cream sherry, pop a bag of popcorn and grab a movie from our extensive selection of DVDs or try one of our delicious signature home baked cookies. The Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast provides the advantages of being two blocks away from the River Walk, five blocks from the Alamo and the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center and a short walk from El Mercado and the Alamodome without the noise and congestion of downtown. The house is close to many famous and wonderful local restaurants offering delicious and excellent meals. Our goal at the Brackenridge House is for you to experience Texas hospitality at its best, and make you feel like the special person you are. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brackenridge House b&b
- Brackenridge House Hotel San Antonio
- Brackenridge House Bed And Breakfast San Antonio, Texas