You gotta check this place out ! My wife and I stayed here on our "staycation" . We are from San Antonio and always wanted to be tourists in our own town . This is a very nice, quiet clean place with a unique charm and a lot of history . We hung out on the front porch swing at night and had morning coffee on the upstairs veranda. Quite a deal and a refreshing change when compared to the overpriced downtown large hotels . Lily the innkeeper is very inviting and is quite the cook as you will discover during your breakfast here . Staying here , you will be in the heart of "southtown" ... a happenning area ... lots of historic homes in King William area, local art , great restaurants in walking distance , walking tours I recommend this for anyone who wants to be close to the action of downtown but also appreciates the quieter , more relaxed atmosphere . A must do for couples . The house is awesome ... I'll be back .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the first bed and breakfast in famous historic King William District, the Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast has been pampering guests since 1986. Our rooms and suites are furnished in antique regal Victorian furniture with comfortable beds and the modern conveniences you would expect to find in a first-class hotel. All have en suite full bathroom and private entrance. Your stay at the Brackenridge house comes with a full three course hot breakfast prepared fresh every morning especially for you. For your enjoyment and convenience, all our rooms have mini-refrigerators stocked with complimentary drinks and ice, microwaves and coffee makers. The front porch and upstairs veranda invites you to relax in a rocking chair or porch swing while watching the horse drawn carriage goes by, enjoying a glass of wine or a good book. Immerse yourself in our hot tub in the rear garden area, it is the perfect way to start your day or unwind after a day of sightseeing. Available year round. Before retiring for the night enjoy a delicious Godiva truffle with a glass of cream sherry, pop a bag of popcorn and grab a movie from our extensive selection of DVDs or try one of our delicious signature home baked cookies. The Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast provides the advantages of being two blocks away from the River Walk, five blocks from the Alamo and the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center and a short walk from El Mercado and the Alamodome without the noise and congestion of downtown. The house is close to many famous and wonderful local restaurants offering delicious and excellent meals. Our goal at the Brackenridge House is for you to experience Texas hospitality at its best, and make you feel like the special person you are. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Brackenridge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brackenridge House b&b
- Brackenridge House Hotel San Antonio
- Brackenridge House Bed And Breakfast San Antonio, Texas