Inn on the Riverwalk
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Riverwalk Plaza Hotel & Suites(San Antonio)
  • Pool
Marriott Plaza San Antonio(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
The Fairmount(San Antonio)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bthe main housebed and breakfastthe penthousethe river walkshort walkbreakfast was deliciouseach morningking william districtwhirlpool tubquiet endbalcony overlooking the riverquiet areavisit to san antonionext morningperfect locationromantic getaway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This is an older B&B, without some of the things like flat screen TV's that some think are important. Since we do not come to San Antonio to watch TV or swim in a pool, we love the Inn. It is quiet and yet it is within walking distance of the Riverwalk. I booked us into 22, which is on the bottom floor and does not have a balcony,which my hubby really wanted. The next morning, he went to speak to the desk and Joe immediately put us into #16, which is a little smaller, but has a nice covered balcony overlooking the river. Since we don't come to SA to stay in our room, watch TV or movies, we love it. Inn on the Riverwalk is just what we wanted. A nice, quiet, convenient room to stay and enjoy the city. I can hear the birds singing, and the sound of rushing water from the small "dam" near here. I saw hummingbirds in the flowering bush below our balcony. I will definitely return and have already recommended it to others.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sjschafer
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My wife and I spent March 3, 4 and 5 at the Inn on the Riverwalk in San Antonio. We were celebrating my birthday. It Inn is a quaint Bed and Breakfast along the Riverwalk of the San Antonio River. It is in easy walking distance to all the downtown activity and the Alamo. Being just a bit away from downtown, it offers a lot of quiet that is had to find at the large hotels right on the main horseshoe of the River. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the Breakfasts were tasty and well done. The room is very comfortable and the staff was attentive if anything else was needed. I would hightly recommend staying at the Inn on the Riverwalk anytime you are visiting San Antonio.

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center, but that certainly does not detract from the enjoyment of value of the Inn.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TexasTerry45
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Don't be scared away by old false reviews, obviously written by folks who either stayed at another B&B and were confused or have rarely visited a B&B and did not know what to expect. Either way, here are the honest facts: March 7-9, 2014
8 of us visited from ages 13 yrs to 72 yrs rented the entire Cottages across the street. The best part was the short daily walks to the Historic District and Riverwalks as well as catching the Water Taxi for four of us who were inebriated and needed a ride back to the Cottage late one evening, good times.
Cottage 24: The 72 yr Young and 69 yr young was on their Honeymoon with their 3 lb mini poodle, TRUE. They loved the Cottage found it to be PERFECT in everyway, Romantic, Quiet (except for them, LOL), great hot water pressure and had all the amenities required and loved the rose petals on the 4 poster bed and iced champagne.
Cottage 23: was perfect, comfy beds & pillows, huge variety of cable channels on flat screen TV and quiet.
Cottage 22: was HUGE, comfy bed & pillows, awesome fireplace, great small refrigerator for our left overs to take home and loved the fireplace!
Cottage 21: was the smallest of the 4 but very quaint and super comfy bed, great bathroom and huge tub.
Breakfast both mornings was INCREDIBLE! The French Toast was Amazing! JOE was super friendly and quick to please if you asked for anything special or extra! Margaret was wonderful at the front desk and very accommodating.
2 weddings took place on the property while we were there, we never felt out of place or bothered. IN fact the couple on the honeymoon wished they had their wedding there after seeing the Classy Set Up and how smoothly it all came together.
The 13 yr old was in town for a CheerLeading Competition, she loved the B&B and was so glad she did not stay at the Hotel most of her team did, they all complained about something at their $170+ a night hotel from the $25 a night parking fee to the cold and self made breakfast, the smell of cigarette smoke in their room to the 40 minute check in time as well as the loud kids jumping on the beds above them till 2 am.
We had Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap, Clean Daily Towels with our Daily Room Service, Blow Dryers, Iron and Ironing Board, Ward Rope Closets, Coffee Pots, A/C, ample FREE parking. 2 of us easily checked in after 8 pm and found our keys in envelopes with great maps, directions on getting into the main house to use the microwave, enjoy Teas, Coffee, etc. Personally I stay at B&B around the world and in Texas as much as possible and the Inn on the Riverwalk is now on TOP 3 LIST! Sincerely, The Stutzman's of League City, TX

Room Tip: Personally I do not feel there was a BAD room but I did enjoy the overall size of Cottage 22. Every room was very clean, from the baseboards to the ceiling fans and everything in between was scrubbed clean, and smelled fresh.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sonya S
Reviewed 1 March 2014

As we checked out of the Inn, Diane & I commented that this had been the perfect choice for our three days in this fascinating city. Great location. Very reasonable price. Helpful staff. Superb breakfasts.

THEN ... we discovered two days later in New Orleans en route home to Canada that my passport was missing. Taking a long shot, I called the Inn and Margaret confirmed that I had indeed left it in the dresser there. She further used her own car to take it to the UPS office who couriered it to our hotel in New York in time for our flight home. Above and beyond.

We highly recommend the Inn on the Riverwalk, and can't thank Margaret enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited San Antonio just before Christmas and stayed here using a Groupon deal. We stayed in one of the cottage rooms that had a working gas fireplace (a nice addition on cold nights) and were very surprised with how spacious the room was. The bathroom could have used a little TLC as some of the tiles in the shower were cracked and the paint was chipped in a few places, but all in all it was clean and spacious. One of the two mornings we were there we had a delicious breakfast in bed which was a nice treat but left us feeling disappointed the next morning when we ate in the main dining room. The food that was served in the dining room was cold unless you had them make eggs for you. There wasn't a microwave available to reheat any of the food either so you just had to take what you got. The location was very nice as it was far enough away from the main stretch of the Riverwalk to be peaceful and relaxing but still close enough to walk to everything we wanted to do. The free parking was a definite bonus! I would consider staying here again in one of the cottage rooms.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends