“Great family dining!”
Review of Kona Grill

Kona Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #261 of 4,918 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
Cross street: I-10 West / 1604
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Our whole family loves this place. We can almost always get a last minute Open Table reservation. It's the only decent family-friendly restaurant at La Cantera that accepts reservations, which makes it much easier on the kids. You'll wait an hour for a table everywhere else. Rachel is the best server we've ever had. She takes great care of our younger children (ages 6 and 7) and treats our older children like grownups. And her recommendations are spot on. The new remodel is very cool. The food has always been fantastic. Try sushi rolls for an appetizer and the sea bass for dinner. The red velvet cake will feed 3-4. The kids menu here is really good. Our youngest enjoys the bento box-style presentation. Our family sat together for an hour and a half on Saturday night and had a great time. It's a little on the pricey side, as family fare goes, but worth the splurge for special occasions.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We were at La Cantera shopping and this place looked good. It did not disappoint! The food was amazing and the service great! The soft shell crab sandwich was crazy good!! A must!!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had a great time at the Kona Grill. The wait was very short, the staff was great-from the greeter to the waitstaff, and the food was super. I had their Kona Club and it was piled high with meat and all the trimming and came with a side of Taro chips. Very interesting and quite tasty. Highly recommended. My wife and daughter had a couple great plates of sushi and said the miso soup was wonderful. Our friends 6 year old liked his kids cheese pizza so much that we had to order him a second. And their kids sundaes were eaten in a flash. All in all a great dining experience.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Okay, I realize I don't do "upscale" restaurants very often, but I have to say - this was so good and really not that expensive! My BFF and I met at the Kona Grill in La Cantera on a Tuesday at 4:40pm, sat right away on the lovely covered patio/bar, and watched the wealthy and wannabes wander by. Our server was perfect - attentive without being intrusive, didn't act rushed (even though I'm sure she had several tables), and was just as nice as could be. We asked a lot of questions and she was extremely knowledgeable about drinks and food. Did I talk about that yet? Oh my! I had a Sake Sangria (white wine) that had wonderful fresh fruit and went perfectly with my food. My friend had a margarita and declared it was "delicious." We ordered from the happy hour menu: fried calamari and a sushi roll with crab and lots more wonderful things. We were getting full, but we wanted more than enough, so we had more sushi and drinks. Other guests around us were enjoying the bar, the people-watching, and some couples even had young children. It was great...and then it started to rain. But the patio overhang was plenty of cover, and the al fresco atmosphere was just great. I loved this place!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We took our sons, 13 and 16, for a Saturday dinner while staying at the Westin. We all enjoyed our meals and the calimari appetizer was a hit. Our server was effecient and friendly. We appreciated the nice wine list and interesting cocktails. We would definitely go back.