“Good for business traveler, not so for families” 4 of 5 bubbles

Grand Hyatt San Antonio
Ranked #19 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Middlesex, Pennsylvania
“Good for business traveler, not so for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel during a recent business trip. The room was beautiful with a very nice view. The bar was nice and service was excellent. The pool was crowded and somewhat cloudy. People at the pool were bragging that they didn't stay there but since they didn't need a key to access the pool, they just come to swim!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David P
, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Hi David, we appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed 3 nights in early June. Large hotel, fairly close to the highway. Typical large convention center hotel, with looooooong hallways, indescript hotel decor -- could have been anywhere, no sense of San Antonio at all. No free Internet in the rooms. Expensive parking. The bed sheets (fitted!) too small for the bed and kept coming off through the night. Room was in the 6th floor, and heard the pipes of the hotel buzzing all day long! Unlikely to repeat a stay here.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CultureWarrior
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Stayed here on business but also was able to enjoy some downtime. Very nice hotel and staff. Close to the Riverwalk, Alamo and other attractions. The hotel restaraunt was above and beyond my expectations; food and service were excellent and nice atmosphere. Lobby bar very young and fun. The staff is very courteous and attentive to guest's needs. The infiniti pool was spectacular and I loved slipping into their super comfy robes after a refreshing shower. Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and our restaurant. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

My family spent Memorial Day weekend at this hotel, and it was fabulous. We stayed on the Grand Club floor, which gave us access to the Grand Club. We were able to enjoy a complimentary breakfast (cereals, yogurts, pastries, fresh fruit, coffee/juice) in the morning and heavy hors d'oeuvres (cheese, crackers, prosciutto, veggies with dip) in the evening. Throughout the day, we could snag yummy snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. Not having to worry about dining options with an 18-month old allowed us to spend more time visiting San Antonio. The Grand Club king room was perfect for us because we were able to open the closet door to seperate the entry from the rest of the room. Our son was able to sleep in the smaller room with the complimentary crib. And, he slept fantastic-no loud noises to wake him up. The hotel also provided us with a selection of baby tolietries (Johnson & Johnson), which was very thoughtful. The service was outstanding from delivering the crib to bringing us hypo-allergenic sheets. And, the location was ideal. We were within walking distance of the Riverwalk attractions, including the Alamo. We did pay to self-park, and it was pricey. But, I think that is typical for any hotel on the Riverwalk. It's just something to factor into your travel budget. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay on the Grand Club floor and ask for a view of the Riverwalk. It's worth it!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your memorial day weekend with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Overall very nice. Rooms are a little small but pictures were very accurate. Not on the main Riverwalk....that has pro's AND con's. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Just came back today from a great stay at this hotel(Sat, May 26-Mon, May 28). We vallet parked @ $33 per night(which was a bit steep but comparable to the other Riverwalk hotels). Check in was a breeze and EVERYONE we came in contact with was super pleasant & acccomodating! We were greeted upon arrival, then sent over to the check in desk, where Tommy helped us and was incredibly friendly and attentive! We asked for a high level room and he accomodated us with room 1874. He told us where the pool, exercise room and restaurants were as well as what door to use to get us to the Riverwalk. He said the hotel was fully booked and we were a bit apprehensive about this but we NEVER had to wait for an elevator for an extended period. Our room was on the corner of the floor and was spacious and very clean. We had a cityview room and it was very nice. I'll admit, I was very apprehensive about this hotel. I initially won a bid off priceline and after I googled the hotel name, I was directed to a site about "bed bugs". It scared the pants off me! The reviews were all from 2011 and the first thing I did when I got to my room was check for them. The room was VERY clean and thankfully, none were found! The bed was very comfortable. Our room was cleaned by 11am, which was great for us! We spent a few hours at the pool and I love the poolside waiters! They were all very friendly. I did not like the Diamond Margarita that was made for me, so they took it back and asked if they could throw something "special" together for me. I agreed to it and the drink turned out to be VERY GOOD! Even for the hotel to be fully booked, we spent from 10am-2pm at the pool and never had issues with the area overflowing with people. We had Starbucks(Perks, is what the hotel calls it) and love how they aim to please with however you want your coffee made(Caramel Macchiato extra sweet). There are sooo many areas to sit and people watch, both inside and outside the hotel. We rapped up every evening at Bar Rojo with fresh sushi and drinks. THANK YOU MARIO for running the children out after 9pm even when the adults act like they can't read the signs and get upset at you doing your job! I applaud you at how you handle these situations as I witnessed parents flipping you off for doing so. I have children myself but I welcomed some time w/out all the noise! My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here and would do so again in a heartbeat! The hotel sits on the end of the riverwalk and it's PERFECT! VERY close to the Rivercenter Mall and we welcomed the little walk back every night. My only complaints would be that (1) They ran out of washcloths when they cleaned our room and we had to call room service for some and (2) They charged us for 2 vehicles, instead of 1 but they took it off immediately after we brought it to their attention-also the vallet told us we still owed and I had to show him my receipt. All in all, it was still a nice stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SATGH, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, 1 June 2012
We truly appreciate your review and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

What a Hotel , when they say Grand they mean it..The check in is simple ,web, bar code or lots of people and counter space .Fifteen Porters and at least 15 men to pick up your car .Fastest elevators I have ever been in ..Very spacious work out room , nice pool area out side couches on the fifth floor .Incredible views of the city .walking distance of shops , food , and Water Taxi's.Book this Hotel and you will not be disapointed..Pure Luxury

Room Tip: get the rewards card from Hyatt
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SATGH, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you Randy! We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon!