“Comfortable Hotel, well situated”

Grand Hyatt San Antonio
Ranked #20 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dallas, TX
“Comfortable Hotel, well situated”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I spent last weekend at this hotel. We go to San Antonio each year around this time and for the last four years we have stayed at another comparable hotel, just down the street from the Grand Hyatt. We decided to give the Grand Hyatt a chance this year. First, I don't think it is the caliber of a "Grand" Hyatt. I think it is more a regular Hyatt Regency type hotel. Nothing too special. The rooms were comfortable, but a little awkwardly designed. The closet door is so huge that it blocks the walkway. There is no towel rack next to the tub so you have to remember to hang a towel by the tub prior to taking a shower. There were also very limited toiletries, just the basic, shampoo, conditioner and soap. No bath gel or shower cap. I guess I could have asked for it, but these amenities should be standard for "Grand" Hyatt. There is a small coffee shop downstairs for a grab and go type breakfast. But, the line is VERY long and it will take a good 15 minutes to grab and go! There were two cashiers and another girl making the coffee but it was just not adequate for a hotel of this size. If you are attending a meeting or event at the convention, then this hotel is very well located. Parking is ridiculously expensive on top of the rates being charged for the room. Would I stay here again? Maybe, if I needed to be next to the convention center, but we missed the charm of our previous hotel and their rooms with a balcony overlooking a quiet part of the river!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephanie C, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that the functionality of your room was not to your standard. We will take this information into consideration for future guestroom updates.We appreciate your comments and suggestions and hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is a lovely hotel. It's location is good, it's right by the river walk and the convention center.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The room was clean, the staff did a great job keeping the room well stocked with towels, water and coffee amenities.

The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were decorated in a welcoming manner.

The bathrooms were large and accommodating.

All in all, a lovely hotel that's worth the value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Hyatt! We look forward to your next trip to San Antonio.
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I love San Antonio. I lived here for years before leaving a decade ago. Upon my return visit the Grand Hyatt Hotel was suggested. Several things. First, the City has totally screwed up the traffic pattern to the hotel. It is located by the convention center and river walk. However, it took me 45 minutes just to go around the bend on a Commerce Street to enter the entry of the Hotel on Market. That's not their fault. However, this behemoth of a hotel is "to big for its San Antonio's pants". It's a nightmare coming in and getting out.

Now, the Hotel. It's to big! Yes the room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. But, the $25.00 per night self parking fee is outrageous and awkward. Especially at $400.00 per night. Yes, perhaps I'm being a bit picky. But, they had no wi- if service working during my stay. And no HD TV. For me that is not grand. That is 1999.

They can make it Grand. But, for me it was not. No dinner room service after 10:pm on the weekend? Really?

Overpriced and way to complicated. I hope they get things right. But, I will not be staying here upon my next visit...Not bad. But, not Grand.

Room Tip: It's just huge. Over priced..A nightmare to enter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Stephanie C, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. We apologize that the construction taking place around the Convention Center made it difficult to get in and out of the hotel. We appreciate your comments and feedback and will take them all into consideration for hotel updates.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were attending a conference at the San Antonio Convention center and stayed for 8 nights at the Grand Hyatt. It truly is a great property by the River Walk. It's location is perfect and very close to numerous restaurants, bars etc. The River Center mall is also just across the street.
The staff is excellent, very helpful.
The only negative part was the wiifii signal in the rooms was very weak, although in the lobby and various meeting rooms it was okay. Also, this property has no Spa or a salon. Only a fitness center and a outdoor pool.
Rooms are of a good size, restaurants are great.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property during your trip to San Antonio for your conference! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This property is located in the heart of downtown San Antonio and is a newer property having been completed in the last couple of years. The amenities of the hotel are very nice and the room was comfortable and spacious. There is a large work area and a lounging area included in the room. Upon arrival we had a small problem with the keys working properly and ultimately had to have an engineer come work on the door lock, but the staff was more than helpful in resolving the issue and made us feel welcome as we worked through the issue. We were located on the 23rd floor and had access to the Hyatt Grand Club features with our room. The continental breakfast was nicely appointed with a variety of food options and the staff was attentive and pleasant. The afternoon snacks were also a welcome break. We stayed to attend a play at the Magestic and have dinner at Bohanen's restaurant.

Room Tip: Choose one of the Grand Hyatt Club rooms for the additional amenities of a continental breakfast and...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's comfort and convenient location. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and look forward to seeing you soon!
Glen Carbon, Illinois
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio recently while attending a business meeting. The hotel is well appointed and is very convenient to the Convention Center and River Walk. However, what makes this hotel are the people!! We were treated so very well from the first encounter as we arrived through the day we checked out. I have stayed in many hotels in countless cities and the staff here are, hands down, some of the best. Deserving a special mention - if you have the opportunity to upgrade to the club level - do it. The ladies staffing the club lounge are friendly, helpful, funny and genuinely cared about their guests. On the last full day of our stay, my wife wasn't feeling well. The club lounge staff had grown to know her so well over our stay that they checked on her well being and went out of their way to make sure she was taken care of.

Room Tip: Floor 23 (club level) were quiet, comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed our guest rooms and staff in the Grand Club! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Had a confirmed reservation but when I got to check in I was informed the hotel was sold out so they were sending me to another hotel. I refused since I had a confirmed reservation. The best they could do was give me a hospitality room with a Murphy bed. They also slashed the rate by 50 percent and gave me a $50 voucher for use in the hotel. Although all worked out ok because I was spending only one night, I find it incredibly disrespectful to simply tell the customer "you're going to have to spend the night somewhere else" when it was the hotel's fault. The room was ok but just not welcoming like a regular room. Also food delivery in the bar was extremely slow even though it was less than half full. I always thought the 'Grand' Hyatt brand was a step above the Hyatt but this hotel didn't seem to be any different. A very disappointing experience and I'll use a different hotel when in SA next time.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PatoColumbus
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. We apologize for your less than pleasurable experience. We would love to have another opportunity in the future to provide you with the standard of service both you and we expect.