As many reviewers have noted this is a standard convention hotel that charges too much for the room and way too much for everything else ($12.95 a day for internet service--warning: wireless service is quite spotty and they cannot or will not do anything about this...including deduct the fee from your bill!). The rooms are fine and the beds are comfortable.
Was guaranteed a king-size bed, but when I got there it was not to be had. A nice girl at the desk took care of this and had me moved to the room I requested on my second day.
I guess it is still new and things are certainly glitchy. The showers have zero pressure, water so soft that you will feel soapy the entire time, and...this was my favorite....the water gets warm...never hot! There is a sign that says you may need to run the water for some time to get the right temperature, but if it gets anything warmer than warm it must take longer than ten minutes! (By the way, they place this sign next to another sign that says they won't clean towels unless you ask them to because they want to save water!)
The bar is fine with overpriced, but good drinks--the decor a modernism that reminds me of the UN Headquarters or mid-century Soviet. The gym is large and new, the lap pool looks great, but there is no sauna or hot tub.
I don't know--it is fine, not great...certainly not grand. Maybe in a year or so the place will be running smoother and the details will be worked out, but until then you might want to look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a dramatic design that exemplifies this unique city, the Grand Hyatt is an exciting blend of modernism and the Latin culture. Located on the Riverwalk, its warm hospitality and bold colors create a San Antonio Luxury hotel that is perfect for every guest, whether traveling for business or vacation. This urban retreat has a premier location, adjacent to the convention center and HemisFair Park. Our outstanding amenities and unprecedented services will make your experience extraordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt San Antonio Texas