I found the staff at Grand Hyatt to be professional and friendly, even greeting me by name whenever possible. The service exceeded my expectations. The spacious room was nicely appointed with a large work area, adequate lighting and power outlets. While not the best hotel bed I've slept in, the bed was comfortable. The room included a chaise with a moveable table which was great for relaxing while working on a laptop. Wi-fi at $12.95 + tax had mediocre connectivity but there is an in-room ethernet connection available as well. Large windows overlooking the city and heavy window coverings to block out light.
If you are managing your expenses park in the city garage across the street for $8 instead of the $28 at the hotel. Also a Denny's nearby for value breakfast (but can get crowded).
The property is technically located on an extension of the Riverwalk but the commercialized areas are within walking distance. Walking time to Riverwalk - 6 minutes, Alamo Plaza - 10 minutes, RiverCenter Mall - 2 minutes, La Villita - 10 minutes. Don't feel like walking, taxi fare is about $4 to most downtown areas. This is a large hotel so expect to walk a lot just to get from your room to the street.
I do have to complain about the train whistles. I have not seen it mentioned in any other reviews but train whistles can be heard frequently throughout the night. Loud enough so that they awoke me on several occasions even while wearing earplugs. However, I presume other nearby properties would be afflicted with the same problem. I was on a mid-level floor at the end of the building closet to the train station. I don't know if a room location further away would be any better.
There is a rule posted on the door stating " It is prohibited to bring outside food and beverages into the hotel without the permission of the hotel manager. Under no circumstances may alcoholic beverages be brought from the outside." This is something to consider if you like to bring in your own snacks and beverages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a dramatic design that exemplifies this unique city, the Grand Hyatt is an exciting blend of modernism and the Latin culture. Located on the Riverwalk, its warm hospitality and bold colors create a San Antonio Luxury hotel that is perfect for every guest, whether traveling for business or vacation. This urban retreat has a premier location, adjacent to the convention center and HemisFair Park. Our outstanding amenities and unprecedented services will make your experience extraordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt San Antonio Texas