Grand Hyatt San Antonio
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$64
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$282
US$130
US$318
US$279
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$115
US$325
US$279
US$290
US$241
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$179
US$154
Hotels.com
US$256
3,701 results
All reviewsconvention centerruth's chrisbar rojothe river walkpinkie williamsjudy botelloclub roomconference hotelattending a conferencestarbucks coffeeself parkingbusiness tripvery nice hotelrivercenter mallper dayeasy accessriverwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2009

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt this past weekend. Overall our stay was just fine--the hotel is new and very large, as it appears to cater to the conventions happening right next door to the hotel. The rooms are a little on the small side, but have nice modern furnishings including a comfortable bed with nice down pillows. The staff was also helpful. The one drawback was that the walls in the rooms were very thin, as we could clearly hear our neighbors who had two small children. Additionally, the room doors are very heavy and can be heard slamming throughout the night. I'm not sure why they don't install something to slow the speed of the heavy door down. Bring ear plugs if you want a quiet night's rest. Also be prepared to pay $23 to self park your car.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2009

Where to start?... first they closed their restaurant an hour early, citing staffing problems. Then they took an hour and half to do the room service thing, again, saying they were short staffed. Coffee in the morning took a half hour of standing in line, again, short staffed. Then, the next night, we got to the restaurant an hour and a half before it was supposed to close, the waitress told us we should get the buffet, as she was running behind, since they were short staffed. The "buffet", consisted of fajitas, rice and beans. Sorry, out of everything else they said. They were short staffed. Lastly, the idiot valets, took an hour and a half to get our car. It took me literally screaming at them to get them off their rears to get my car. Actually, I found it before they did. Which makes sense since they never looked for it. That's not a misprint. 90 minutes for my whole family to sit there while these morons lied repeatedly telling me they were "going to get it right now". Oddly, the valet station was not short staffed, they just have incompetent supervisors. Hey Hyatt, you stink and you're getting worse. My daughter would like to add...."No joke but the whataburger was better than this hotel and I would know I'm only 9 yrs. old." So there you go, that's our review.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank travelingtills
Reviewed 22 March 2009

I have stayed at many Hyatt Hotels and have always been impressed by the quality. This hotel was no different. Staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. I had made a complaint one night about some noise outside our room and it was taken care of in no time. I would highly recommend this for all and especially those who love to workout, best gym so far in any hotel I stayed at. Very clean.....Great location on the riverwalk across the street from the Rivercenter Mall.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Very nice hotel and great location for those attending events at the convention center. However, if you are not attending events there, the location on the Riverwalk is not as good as some other downtown hotels. It is at the very end of the Riverwalk and is close to the Rivercenter mall, but a little bit of a walk away from the great restaurants and nightlife of the heart of the Riverwalk. Despite that description, the hotel was quite a bit more noisy than the Hyatt Regency a few blocks away. Lots of noise in the hall, and the nearby train could be heard during the night quite a few times. Overall, the Hyatt Regency a few blocks away was much quieter even though it is located in the heart of the Riverwalk.

The rooms were very nice and clean, but somewhat smaller than the older Hyatt Regency down the road. Lobby is very nice, did not try the restaurant, but the coffee shop had great, but pricey, sandwiches.

Meeting facilities are excellent and parking garage attached to the hotel is a big plus. Be aware that internet in the room costs a minimum of $10 per day.

Would stay here again for a conference, but not for vacationing and spending time on the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2009

I found the staff at Grand Hyatt to be professional and friendly, even greeting me by name whenever possible. The service exceeded my expectations. The spacious room was nicely appointed with a large work area, adequate lighting and power outlets. While not the best hotel bed I've slept in, the bed was comfortable. The room included a chaise with a moveable table which was great for relaxing while working on a laptop. Wi-fi at $12.95 + tax had mediocre connectivity but there is an in-room ethernet connection available as well. Large windows overlooking the city and heavy window coverings to block out light.
If you are managing your expenses park in the city garage across the street for $8 instead of the $28 at the hotel. Also a Denny's nearby for value breakfast (but can get crowded).

The property is technically located on an extension of the Riverwalk but the commercialized areas are within walking distance. Walking time to Riverwalk - 6 minutes, Alamo Plaza - 10 minutes, RiverCenter Mall - 2 minutes, La Villita - 10 minutes. Don't feel like walking, taxi fare is about $4 to most downtown areas. This is a large hotel so expect to walk a lot just to get from your room to the street.

I do have to complain about the train whistles. I have not seen it mentioned in any other reviews but train whistles can be heard frequently throughout the night. Loud enough so that they awoke me on several occasions even while wearing earplugs. However, I presume other nearby properties would be afflicted with the same problem. I was on a mid-level floor at the end of the building closet to the train station. I don't know if a room location further away would be any better.

There is a rule posted on the door stating " It is prohibited to bring outside food and beverages into the hotel without the permission of the hotel manager. Under no circumstances may alcoholic beverages be brought from the outside." This is something to consider if you like to bring in your own snacks and beverages.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business