“Good food. Casual atmosphere. ”
Review of Chunky's Burgers

Chunky's Burgers
Ranked #352 of 4,694 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Greeted by a friendly staff and seated in one of the picnic tables. Dining area was small but comfortable. We had the guacamole burger, hickory burger and regular cheeseburger cooked fresh and to perfection. The buns were very complimentary to the burger. The French fries weren't as impressive as the burgers but still good. Prices were certainly fair and the portion size was large.

You can bring your kids here and take the time to enjoy your meal. Kids menu is available. On certain days, they offer live music on the lovely patio. Plan to spend approx $30 - $40 for four adults.

I'll definitely return.

There are newer reviews for Chunky's Burgers

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My jalapeno burger was great The onion rings were fresh. They serve all burgers on american white cheese, but it's really good. The philly cheese steak sandwich was good but the meat was a bit on the nervy rough side. The Pepsi was crisp and refreshing and the beer is cold too! I like that they have live music in their patio. Very friendly workers. Take an antacid and beware the aftermath!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Flashback to my childhood . . . my mother always used Miracle Whip on sandwiches, salads, etc. It was not until I was a teenager that I discovered mayo and just how good a sandwich could taste. From then on I developed an aversion to MW. Flashforward . . . guess what they serve on their burgers here! My wife asked for extra mayo and the cup contained MW. Y-e-e-e-e-c-h! One bite of that sickeningly sweet and sour condiment had us reaching for a knife to scrape the stuff off. When asked about MW being used, the help looked as clueless as I was before I tried mayo.

It's almost as bad as the Hungarian restaurant we went to and ordered the Chicken Paprikas. They neglected to mention one very important item on the menu . . . instead of chicken white and dark meat pieces they used LIVER! Can you imagine our reaction when expecting to bite into a savory chicken dish and getting a mouthful of excretory organs that tasted like gut shot deer meat. Holy jumpin' Jehoshaphat! What are people thinking?!

Anyway, it was a shame about the MW as that completely ruined our burgers and any desire for a repeat visit, Food Channel or not. I can only hope that they have seen the light and changed over to use mayo on their burgers as probably 99.99% of all burger places do. Maybe they were just experimenting like they did to achieve their 4 horsemen burger - - even better, make their hotter than hell burger with MW that's cloyingly sweet and puckerific sour all at the same time and call it the four horsemen of pucker-ur-lips.

Just having a bit of fun here, but if you go, you will surely want to ask if they still use MW!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

WEnt her because I saw it on the food network. Didn't attempt the 4 horseman challenge, but the food was outstanding. Well cooked patty with amazing sides. The service was top notch too. Great place!

1  Thank sandmanz
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Definitely a fantastic burger - although I wished the fries were as good as their burgers!
Great staff - very helpful and friendly.
Side note: I'm a Coke product fan - and they only serve Pepsi products! I was a bit sad...