“Comfort Suites, 6350 IH-35 North, San Antonio, TX”

Comfort Suites North IH 35
Ranked #198 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Angelo, Texas
“Comfort Suites, 6350 IH-35 North, San Antonio, TX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent customer service. The accommodations were great! The property was well maintained, and the room was clean and spacious. Wonderful prices. Highly recommend! Amber at desk was most helpful and courteous!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
JJC74,

Thank you for reviewing our staff and hotel and very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again one day and sincerely thank you for being our guests.

Comfort Suites - San Antonio (TX917)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Violet, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

me and my family went on vacation last spring break ,we love this stay at the hotel room was huge and clean and they had free really good breakfast I had to canceled my other hotel because it was a dump and they stole my money (Days Inn) so when I made the reservation it was simple and easy . the staff was friendly and helpful. location was great and no it was a little far from six flags but it was a great hotel.

Room Tip: breakfast good and rooms are huge
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
karamitaker36,

I want to thank you for taking time out to review our hotel and very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We enjoy reading reviews such as yours and we use them to grow as a hotel and reward those whom are mentioned. Our complimentary hot American breakfast is enjoyed by most and so pleased you enjoyed our breakfast offering and breakfast hosts did a great job once again.

Ashland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel was beautiful, very clean; the rooms looked brand new. The front desk staff was very friendly and was a huge help recommending local restaurants and giving much needed directions. The complimentary breakfast was good too! The location was great; right off the highway and close to shopping, dining, coffee shops, and more! I will stay here every time I'm in the area!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
tmeans55,

I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel and staff. I'm very proud of my staff for making a lasting impression on your stay and that all of our training and hard work is reflecting on our guests stay while visiting San Antonio. We sincerely value you as our guest and we know that you have plenty of choices when selecting the right hotel and we are very happy that you chose us. We look very forward to your return as our guest in the future and thank you once again for such kind words. I always share guest reviews with my staff and enjoy their facial expressions while reading reviews such as yours.

Comfort Suites (TX917)
Del Valle, Tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Great room! Clean room! Cold hot tub probably 72 degrees! Wifi disconnects and extremely slow! Shower in the morning was cold! Cold water seems to be the theme of this place! When checking in myself and other guests had to hear front desk attendant complain about her cracked rib! That is why she couldn't stand up! This experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth for Choice Hotels. They need to get their act together or they will go bankrupt! When asked about 72 degree hot tub was advised it is corporate policy! Really! That is just stupid!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Roger8604
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Roger8604,

I want to thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel and want to apologize for your unpleasant experience. The hot tub issue was reported to me that it was not heating and our maintenance engineer reported that the heater had malfunctioned and we are currently awaiting the parts to get our hot tub back on line. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of our hot tub and I know that this is an important amenity for our guests. Unfortunately, the mechanical issue is out of our control but we are doing our best to make those repairs once we receive the parts from the manufacturer. Also, I did discuss with our front desk agent about discussing her cracked ribs with our guests and typically, the front desk agent is an exemplary employee which normally I get nothing but positive feedback with regards to her performance. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future so we can prove that we are much better than what you experienced on your stay with us. Again, thank you for taking the time out to express your feedback and apologize for your unpleasant experience with regards to the hot tub and our front desk associate.

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel is very attractive, has great curb appeal, good looking lobby, pool, hot tub and room. It is when you start experience your stay when things start to fall apart. Apart from the good price, I did try to go to the hot tub and noticed the water was less than luke warm. What? No HOT water? I asked the front desk about it, and she said the temperature is set by national corporate office and they are not allowed to adjust it. Needless to say, I got out after 2 minutes. The pool was freezing cold, although it was an indoor pool. The Wifi kept dropping, and I could hear the people upstairs walking around all night. Since the hotel was on IH 35, I could hear traffic all night. In the morning, the shower was hot, but the hot water quickly finished and it became cold and never regained hot temperatures. The breakfast looked like cold cereal, so I didn't bother. I would say overall, do not stay here. The atmosphere is nice, but you will regret it after you check-in.

Room Tip: Try not to stay near the elevators, and try to get a top floor so you don't hear people walking...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AustinVisitor1
AustinVisitor1,

Thank you for taking time out to review our hotel and want to apologize for your unpleasant stay with us. We absolutely strive for 100% guest satisfaction but we fell short on your stay. Our hot tub heater malfunctioned over the weekend and was reported to me on Sunday morning so we are awaiting a pool heater part. Some things are just out of our control but I am sorry it happened during your stay. I invite you to give us another try in the future and we will do our best to make sure your stay is an enjoyable and memorable experience. I want to thank you for being our guest and truly value you as our customer.

Jeff Vienne / General Manager
Comfort Suites - San Antonio, Texas (TX917)
Hewitt, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Comfort Suites, 11526 IH 35 N., San Antonio, Texas; (210-656-46000). Our family has stayed at this hotel on several different occasions, and it is definitely our hotel of choice in San Antonio. For one thing, it is far enough outside the center of San Antonio that the traffic congestion is improved; and the rates seem to be better than those hotels in the interior of San Antonio and those in San Marcos and New Braunfels. It only takes 15 minutes to drive on I-35 from this hotel to downtown San Antonio and about the same amount of time to drive to the fun activities in San Marcos/New Braunfels.

This time when we arrived at the Comfort Suites and moved into our first-floor room, the heater did not seem to work. The weather was amazingly cold for San Antonio. When we reported the problem, the hotel management immediately moved us to the third floor where we had an even larger room that was nice and warm. Every staffer at this hotel went out of his way to be friendly and helpful.

Here are some of the pluses to this hotel: well-priced, lovely lobby, sofa chairs and large-screen TV in breakfast area plus usual tables and chairs, various types of coffees in the lobby, sliding doors, luggage carts, free newspapers, full breakfast with waffles/eggs/biscuits/gravy/juices/cereals, clean rooms, attractive bedspread/comforters/pillows, queen-size bed with pull-out queen sleeper, big closet for hanging clothes, ironing board, one large stuffed chair and also comfortable desk chair, large-screen TV set, lots of towels in bathroom, nice shower with well-placed handicap bars, large mirror, microwave/refrigerator/coffee bar, alarm clock, computer desk with lots of plug-ins, high-speed computer access in business center, nice swimming pool and fitness room.

Check-out was quick and efficient with friendly staffers throughout the hotel. We definitely enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Suites.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DonnaGarner222
Gm-Comfort, General Manager at Comfort Suites North IH 35, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Mrs. Garner,

Thank you for taking the time out to survey our hotel and staff. I always enjoy reading that our guests enjoyed their stay and that our staff did an exceptional job making your stay in San Antonio an enjoyable experience. I have printed your review for the entire staff to see because I know that they enjoy reading their hard work is recognized as much as I do. Your review will not only motivate us as a team, but the guest can use this tool to choose a hotel for their stay as well.
Again, thank you for allowing us to serve you and your husband with top notch customer service and we look forward to serving you in the future as well.

Peru, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Truly a two room suite with two tv's and a door to close off the bedroom. Seating area is more than adequate for most needs. Microwave, refrigerator, small prep area. Comfortable beds, good internet speeds and a very professional and friendly staff make this a fine choice for anybody. There is a Cracker Barrel next door and other dining choices, as well as a convenience store within walking distance. We've stayed here several times over the course of several years and it's a very good choice for us. Our only complaint is the television in the bedroom is to low...but that's minor.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Linda,

Thank you for such kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We enjoy reading positive comments and that our hard work paid off and that your stay was a pleasant and memorable experience. When returning to San Antonio, we look forward to serving you with excellent customer services once again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
Days Inn San Antonio Interstate Hwy 35 North
Northeast San Antonio
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#210 of 354 in San Antonio
Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio N...
#125 of 354 in San Antonio

Been to Comfort Suites North IH 35? Share your experiences!